Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:43 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Yes, of course.

BTW, I am liking all the stuff the Lordz Studio has been producing over the years.  Like Panzer Corps, Commander The Great War, and now I think they are helping with a new pike and shot game about the 30 years war. Some screenies are out and it looks nice like the other games I mentioned.

The only trouble is, I havent purchased any of these games. Panzer Corps I played in the 90s, so I knew its gameplay wasn't for me.

Commander The Great War looks great, but it is IGO UGO, basically a NO-NO unless you are playing TOAW III.

But this new pike and shot game really looks promising.

So, SAPA, do you have Commander the Great War. If true, what did you think about it.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:14 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Quote:
The only trouble is, I havent purchased any of these games. Panzer Corps I played in the 90s, so I knew its gameplay wasn't for me.

That's me with Panzer Corps. The game I  wanted to like, but just never could because it was PG2/PEG/PeG-WW2 10 years too late no matter how much makeup they stuck on it.

I'll still fire it up from time to time and make an attempt at liking ti, it's got a massive amount of addons and would give a huge lot of playability, but there is that old and stale part.. disappointment, like when we all waited for the sequel to PG2 and SSI dumped PG3D onto us.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

i sure wish matrix would actually listen to us when we have issues and ideas for improvments. what a bunch of wankers. every new CC seems to be a disapointment in some area.

i love all the options LSA has and cant for the life of me understand why they didnt carry them over to PITF and CWTC. most of us love the options...had been trying to get them for years.

cathartes's LSA GJS mod is really good but NEEDS a bunch of tweaks, but he seems to have lost interest or is too busy.  Crying or Very sad

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

The small Maps Mod by Tik helps but the lack of accuracy just makes the game unplayable.

I also hate how they goofed up all the Intel that CC used to have.
They are mentioned Here but I have no idea if they can/will fix them.

It took several posts just to get them to accept that the issues are indeed broken.
I was totally surprised they didn't understand what I was saying was broke.
I've come to the conclusion they don't play the games they make.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I also suspect they don't know how CC is supposed to be played Smile

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

stiener wrote (View Post):
i sure wish matrix would actually listen to us when we have issues and ideas for improvments. what a bunch of wankers. every new CC seems to be a disapointment in some area.

i love all the options LSA has and cant for the life of me understand why they didnt carry them over to PITF and CWTC. most of us love the options...had been trying to get them for years.

Have to agree Stiener!

Some of the changes and dropping of previous features makes no sense....

Edit: removed the part of the quote about Cathartes as he did what he could for GtC but was limited to what any CC mod maker could do with the exception of a couple code changes Matrix agreed Steve could do. But I still disagree with the dropping of features from LSA to PiTF (ex. BG reinforcement, attacking onto a map at 2 VL's with 2 BG's, bridge blowing, static units, etc.) along with pointless changes from WAR/TLD to LSA (ex. BG fpool unit type per difficulty, BG screen unit pictures size, editor screen BG icons size, interface button size, etc.)

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 am; edited 3 times in total

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:00 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I wouldn't say Cathartes had lost interest in GTC and Steiner's reference to him with that disparaging remark was highly uncalled for. Cathartes made constant changes to GTC, as testers were calling for them as it progressed toward gold and was there a LOT on most issues with responses with what could/could not be addressed.

While it was true that a handful of CC newbies were brought in this time and posted a lot of repetitious posts that some of the guys here wouldn't have bothered with. It still was up to everyone to post and add and not in a belligerent way, that some did from time to time.

Cathartes had a hard enough time as it was, the maps, the campaigns, then coming here and being insulted for his work after that?

How would you feel?

I thought the AI (vs) is very good. H2H, no idea, but AI campaigns are excellent, it VERY tough.

My thoughts are some of you that BARELY said anything during the beta and were invited is you should have spoken up more, rather than watching those newbies post all the time, along with myself and a couple of others. Silence isn't always golden you know.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:37 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
I wouldn't say Cathartes had lost interest in GTC and Steiner's reference to him with that disparaging remark was highly uncalled for. Cathartes made constant changes to GTC, as testers were calling for them as it progressed toward gold and was there a LOT on most issues with responses with what could/could not be addressed.

While it was true that a handful of CC newbies were brought in this time and posted a lot of repetitious posts that some of the guys here wouldn't have bothered with. It still was up to everyone to post and add and not in a belligerent way, that some did from time to time.

Cathartes had a hard enough time as it was, the maps, the campaigns, then coming here and being insulted for his work after that?

How would you feel?

I thought the AI (vs) is very good. H2H, no idea, but AI campaigns are excellent, it VERY tough.

My thoughts are some of you that BARELY said anything during the beta and were invited is you should have spoken up more, rather than watching those newbies post all the time, along with myself and a couple of others. Silence isn't always golden you know.

I don't see anywhere in the above posts anyone insulting, nor even mentioning Cathartes. He is a precious member of our CC community and everyone probably appreciates his contributions a lot. With GtC (and PitF), he is not the one we are criticising.  The lead designers/programmers from Matrix(Slitherine) are who we are unhappy with in terms of some needless design decisions.

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
The small Maps Mod by Tik helps but the lack of accuracy just makes the game unplayable.

Lack of accuracy in the mod or in GWTC itself?

Some of the maps are a little bit rough around the edges which is why I ask

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:41 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

The general statement, or attack at the lot was intent enough by Steiner, especially for the gentleman who did the majority of the hard lifting on the project. not leaving out others of course, namely Conrad. Steve in the background of course.

Will say again. Stay quiet and little gets fixed/improved. The more eyes that are on an issue, the better chances something gets noticed.

Haven't looked at the bu page for awhile, but imagine if one does, it will be mainly the newbies reporting the same things, or a couple of us who have been around for years.. Where are all the other testers at?? Isn't there this large amount of problems we keep hearing about?

I don't remember seeing any of them reported on the bug site at all.

I **DO** remember seeing the mortars killing everything issue from PiTF, I mentioned it (early on) on the forums and made a bug report as well and guess what? It was addressed.. Amazing isn't it? Pathing was **somewhat** addressed also. There was a topic created over there as to why it can't truly be fixed, maybe Cathartes will recreate it here if he hasn't already.

IMO, the testers names should be publicly listed and THEY should be the ones taking some of the heat, especially the ones who want to do it and then disappear during that period.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:38 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

My post about the issues not working was made a few days before the release in the Beta forums.
I then seen a few more things since then.

And if you visit the Steam forums you'll see almost the same thing being said there too about the game.
Price too high,Tanks missing shots.

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:28 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Quote:
I **DO** remember seeing the mortars killing everything issue from PiTF, I mentioned it (early on) on the forums and made a bug report as well and guess what? It was addressed.. Amazing isn't it?

LOL

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:45 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
I played the Historical Campaign as the Germans and blowed upp 100+ Shermans and then returned to Panzer Corps  Rolling Eyes //Mats

How about Panzer General Forever.  Idea  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:19 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
Some of the maps are a little bit rough around the edges which is why I ask

Be sure to use 5CC for cutiing the maps. Sometimes I clean up the edges if "the edge" cuts through a structure or ground feature like trees.

For years I used 25x25 cutdown CCMT maps, but a few years ago I made a 30x30 map set. It used mainly CCMT and a few RTB maps. 19 altogether. I generally use 8-10 VLs on these maps, but the result is just awesome. Its just another reason why CCMT is the top CC game for moi.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Quote:
Tanks missing shots.

That was discussed here and on the beta forums. It goes way back. Kind of strange that we can open up a CC game and be met with a very instant opening second "kill" of a AT gun/tank, or have the same shoot literally dozens of the same without any appreciably impact.

Something I have done from time to time to change that no impact issue PM? After said gun keep doing nothing, after 8-10 shots? Switch it to "ambush" for 30 seconds or so and then back to "defend". Have found many times it's "aim" has changed for the better. Not that one is able to do that in H2H games.

Are we missing some typical dry sense of dry dima humor on this topic here?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

That answer is unacceptable for Tanks missing shots.
And its down right stupid to think that is an acceptable way to play a game.

Here's another one for ya Flamethrower.

A post from Tejszd in the LSA forums.
In previous version of CC you could set the unit type and quantity per day and per difficulty level.

In LSA you can;
- use the difficulty multiple to add or remove unit quantities
- use the change turn option to add or remove unit quantities/types per day.

But there doesn't seem to be any way to change the unit type per difficulty level any longer?

This functionality was used by mod makers to balance the game especially when playing the AI in previous CC's if this can't be done in LSA why would it be removed???

Beta testing isn't going to catch these type of things.
Beta testing isn't going to catch everything that once was CC and has been removed.(Like I have posted)
Beta testing isn't fool proof.

But what is fool proof is playing the game.
Finding the mistakes.
Pointing them out.
GETTING Them Fixed!

Don't tell me the things missing,things wrong are requests for new features.
Don't tell me a mistake IS a new feature or that previous games didn't do that.

And don't EVER tell me that if one man is doing all the main .exe codding that he can keep up with 7 re-released games and build a completely new game.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Quote:
That answer is unacceptable for Tanks missing shots.
And its down right stupid to think that is an acceptable way to play a game.

I'd like to see a fixed topic here on all the "bugs" like those 2 you mentioned and am sure many others you, I and others have noticed and maybe some we haven't figured a workaround on listed. There might be some a few here have figured out, just not bothered to post, figuring everyone has already done so, yet not all of us have.

Great point on the F/P not being able to be modified any longer with difficulty settings. To tell you the truth? I didn't notice that one until the game went gold and went to play a campaign for the 2x time. A bad over sight on my part that will not be repeated if ever do more.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by missing things as new features PM. I thought pretty much everything that was requested on the forums at the beta was added, or explained why it could not be doneso, except for the guns.

I *do* remember some still having issues with the mortars, but overall everyone was happy that infantry were just better protected in hedgerows and some buildings.

I stand by what posted earlier regarding too many of the testers being silent for the most part. I remember you having numerous comments on the campaigns and I think on the guns as recall. Many didn't bother with that, until it came time for certificates to come out, just like with PiTF.

Werf

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

johnsilver.......

"I wouldn't say Cathartes had lost interest in GTC and Steiner's reference to him with that disparaging remark was highly uncalled for. Cathartes made constant changes to GTC, as testers were calling for them as it progressed toward gold and was there a LOT on most issues with responses with what could/could not be addressed"

"The general statement, or attack at the lot was intent enough by Steiner, especially for the gentleman who did the majority of the hard lifting on the project. not leaving out others of course, namely Conrad. Steve in the background of course."

you need to read the posts and understand what people are saying before you also criticize us. i did make a general statement about my disapointment with matrix and about GWTC. i have said it before and im going to say it again too.
that statement has a lot of truth to it...and others in this community will agree with it.
yes cathartes did get lumped in there but that was not my intention. i said he may have lost interest in his LSA GJS mod not CWTC i have the utmost respect for cathartes and what he has done for this CC community. im sure he made tons of changes to GWTC when it was being tested...how would i know if he did or didnt?? i wasnt part of the testing. i do have some issues with some of the other matrix people and there lack of doing what we the buyers and players of there games want in a game.
i also see time and again after a game comes out the lack of overall matrix response to fixing issues we the players see and ask to get fixed. this isnt our 1st rodeo you know. matrix has always moved on to the next game and have limited time and recources to fix the game they just put out and GET US to finish play testing for them. i hate that.

im intitled to post my opinion here just like you. i have been playing CC since the begining. i have all the CC games. i post about the good AND the bad for each game. i post till im blue in the face about things that need to be fixed for these CC games....and usually i get no joy from matrix because im one of the few who actually posts about issues and the matrix responce is usually that no else has made any posts so its not really an issue so were not going to fix it.
i will agree and applaud you for telling the community here that" silence is not golden " and you need to speak up or nothing will get done. ive been saying that for years on these forums.

i didnt get to play the GWTC beta. didnt want to. wasnt asked. didnt have time any ways. but if i did i would have said again about the fact that a tank or a gun cant hit the broad side of a barn...literally...thats what others [ including you ] are saying about the lack of accuracy. its absurd that matrix wont fix that.
platoon michael makes very good points as does PZT Crackwise.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Steve has confirmed that in LSA you can no longer change unit types by difficulty but gave no explanation why.... It should not be hard to add in since there is already a check for the turn so why could they not add a difficulty level (or all) check?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3677142&mpage=1&key=&#3681486

Please add your comments calling for this missing feature to be added back/fixed to the thread above!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I'd like to help but I can't stand hearing its not a bug,its a new feature anymore.

And I'm getting tired of modding.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: