Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:22 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

well im pretty sure the A/T gun crew firing at inf with small arms and there A/T gun instead of waiting for hard targets as a priority, issue, has been addressed in the other CC games [ obviously not in LSA ] at one time or another and even in your original GJS. thats why i say it was missed by matrix.
i believe one fix was as Doctorpaj alludes too ...and this was probably in GJS? if i remember correctly ....was to only have the gun crew fire at other inf if the range was the min small arms fire range...IE: 30 meters...so that if the gun crew [ unless they were specifically ordered to fire at inf by the player in charge ] was assaulted by other inf squads, then at close range...30 m ...then the crew would open fire with small arms.
but i dont no how you stop the main gun from firing at inf instead of tanks 1st...which is also what the allied A/T guns are doing.

im resaonably confident that your going to get more complaints that the A/T guns expose themselves by firing at enemy inf instead of tanks than complaints that there gun was over run by enemy inf. in my experience because of the A/T gun fix, your prudent in having a squad of inf to protect your A/T gun....such as would be the case in real life.
so a fix if we can would be great  Very Happy

what im not 100% sure about is if the german A/T gun crews also do the same as the allied. the allied gun crews i no for 100% sure fire at other inf no matter what the range and use the main gun as well.
so maybe you can compare data....german vs allied.

i will try to varifie this soon. my german opponent doesnt use A/T guns very often other than the flak 88 which ive said before is invisible.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

stiener

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:26 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

cathartes.......do you have an ETA on an update for your mod? Wink

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:11 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Why you have to like LSA; 2 Allied BG's attacking from two different entry VL's!!!

LSA GJS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.99 KB
 Viewed:  548 Time(s)

LSA GJS.jpg

stiener

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

hey Cathartes.....any news on an update for your mod? Very Happy

stiener

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:18 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cathartes? any ETA when we can expect an update for your mod? Very Happy

Spud1889

Rep: 2.6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi Team,

We have just finished playing this mod H2H and have now swapped sides.  My buddy initially played the allies and was constantly moaning, now I am the allies I can see why.  We are playing with moral off and when the allies attack the germans who often have superior unit equipment (once through the beach defenses) and points they often will wipe out the attacking unit.  For example my armour unit goes in (can field 5 tanks or varying quality maybe two fireflies) finds they are up against 10 panthers and fittingly get wiped out however I am happy as I have killed a few of these panthers and think my unit will return at 75% strength, and can then have another go at whittling down this unit.  (there are about four of these super units and a couple that can have 8-10 Mark IV) so the only thing to do is engage them and wear them down over the course of the month.

Anyway it turns out that my disbanded unit does not return and therefore for the loss of a few panthers for the germans they have effectively wiped out 20+ allied tanks 50+ allied infantry and support units.

When we first played while I was the germans the tank losses were around the same 175 allied tanks and 170 german tanks, yet given the amount of allied units who disbanded and never returned that accounted for all the allied tanks while the germans still had around 50 left and therefore the allies were crushed.  So while the allies outnumber the germans if their units do not respawn, these 3-5 strong german units can wipe out allies at will.  
Either the allies need to be given more points, vehicle slots, equipment quality to match the germans or respawning disbanded units needs to be put in

stiener

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:19 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

spud 1889
LSA is supposed to be played with morale on, so the BG will break on low morale before the bg is wiped out. with morale on the BG will then take territory and VL loss, and the BG lives to fight another day.
LSA GJS needs to be played with morale ON also....other wise as you have discouvered a defeated BG does not come back.
playing with morale ON does make the game harder to play per say...as you dont get to ...in most cases...disband a BG...so it will make playing as the allies harder and to take territory harder.
playing with morale OFF and having BG's disband, should help the allies in theory, but because the game as it is is so scewed to the german side right now it screws the allies...and typically the allies have a real hard time fighting the german tank bg's with there 10 vehicle slots and there unrealistic amount of points and equipment.
[ the allies have only 2 real tank BG's with large inf support VS...what 8 ? german tank BG's. the allies also have the IND tank BDE's but these typacally have to be merged with another BG to be real affective and you can get screwed by merging with the wrong size / type of BG ]
cathartes thought he had LSA GJS with returning 'disbanded BG's but as it turns out he was wrong. i dont think you can have disbanded BG's come back in LSA or any LSA mod.

as you say...you know why the allied player moans when playing this mod. the allies NEED to be tweaked and the germans tonned down.
i will play the germans on elite or vet next time and the allied on green or recruit. this will tone down the germans some BUT cathartes really really needs to address all the issues listed in this post to make this mod shine like it could.
the panthers are almost unstoppable with an experieced german player at the helm. theres not enough fireflys and 17 pdrs to counter them and the allied inf ..just sucks..against the huge amount of veteran german inf they have availible to them.

so as i suggest...in ur next game put the germans on elite and perhaps have a house rule in regards to amount of panthers the german can field in a bg...say 3 or 4 at the most??
after all the germans were supposed to be a bit short on some of the equipment that could field at any given time in normandy and the allies had all the men and equip they wanted. this is not reflected well in the messed up point system that reared its ugly head in this mod.

Spud1889

Rep: 2.6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cheers Steiner, will give that a crack and see if it has a better flow

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi Cathartes, I'm eagerly waiting for an update to GJS before starting a new GC! Any idea on when you'll have some free time to work on fixing the few issues that there are with the original LSA release?

Thanks for all your work.

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:17 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

cathartes? any ETA on an update............ Shocked

stiener

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:15 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

spud1889..........does the game flow better on those settings?

anyone else want cathartes to try and get an update out for his mod? sound off Gents  Very Happy

stiener

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

so im guessing this is pretty much dead then?? is it written off?  Sad

too bad...it had REAL potential.........SNIFFFFFFFFF  Sad

i guess ill move on to something else............

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:33 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Defeinitely would like to see Cathartes do an update for some of the reported issues with the mod!

GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi,
Steiner and I have restarted work on Operation Perch for GJS LSA, and things are looking good in my opinion.
The changes made for Perch are intended to resolve some issues for GJS also, but further testing is required to see if it has the desired effect.

We'll release this as a seperate Operation to add to GJS, or with Chathartes permission ... as a new release with Perch included.

Here is the readme for the latest version:

Operation Perch version 7.2:

Changes to GJS for Operation Perch:

Battle Groups:
-Several German Armor BG's type changed to Armor/Infantry, in order to limit the ratio of German armor compared to Allied
-Some Allied Armour/Infantry BG's start with more armor in Active Rosters,
which helps balance points and strength compared with German BG's
-Allied Armour BG's active roster now have more armour units
-Unlocked more slots for Allied Armour BG's. Therefore, more armour slots
and also option to borrow infantry units from another BG when both are on same map.

Allied and German teams:
-Allied Medium Mortar selectable in all Active Roster columns
-German 8cm Mortar available in all Active Roster columns
-Vickers MMG selectable in all Active Roster columns
-Allied Morale and Experience increased in some cases and balanced overall
-Piat added to Bren Section Teams
-Gammon added to Allied: Rifle Group, Platoon Cmd, and Company Cmd teams

Weapons:
-Added Artillery Support for Allies
-Guns' accuracy increased by 5% (to max of 431)
-Pz Schreck and Piat accuracy increased by 5%. Piat penetration potential increased
-Vickers accuracy increased by 5%
-MG42 accuracy decreased by 10%, and penetration potential decreased by 45%
-Hull MG's accuracy decreased by 10%
-Coax MG's accuracy decreased by 5%
-Rifles accuracy increased to max of 431, sniper variants to 476
-Rifles penetration potential increased by 50%
-Rifles PB and Close ranges increased
-Pz Schreck and Piat: PB and Close ranges increased
-17 pdr penetration potential increased by 10%
-M10's turret does not rotate, in order to help stop excessive hunting while targeting
-M10 turret AA 50cal MG rotates 360, to help stop excessive hunting while targeting
-Blast radious decreased for German 10.5cm and 15cm
-Slight longer delay firing time for Medium Mortars

-larger explosion graphic for grenade and rifle grenade
-larger soldier size graphics, same as stock game

Sound:
-grenade throw
-MG42
-med mortar
-flame thrower
-round bouncing off armor
-280mm mortar
-added faust sound, and made reference to it in the weapons.txt file

Campaign:
-Removed Air Support completely, due to suspected game crashes

Credits:
Thanks to Cathartes (and team) for GJS - CC LSA
Tweaking GJS after version 6.0: Steiner, GameRat

Last edited by GameRat on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:06 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by GameRat on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

hiding behind hedge while Panther leaves area, and then moved in for single rear shot kill as his turret swings to shoot.
it's a rare opportunity and fortunate it hit on first shot ... even with these edits, a Panther knock out usually cost 2 or 3 Sherman and a FF destroyed/damaged.

Panther hit.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  806.49 KB
 Viewed:  444 Time(s)

Panther hit.jpg

Last edited by GameRat on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

GameRat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:03 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

edit

stiener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

looking good Wink

TWJunky

Rep: 24.3

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:03 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

i have noticed that the Kdo.SdKfz 250/10 doesnt give any command bonus. it must be a bug. can sombody tell me what table i need to modify to change that

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:52 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

The value in Axsteams Column W (Soldier 0 Type) needs to be changed from 3 (Asst Leader) to 4 (Commander)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: