Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:14 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Looks like the parade did take place.

POWS http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a87_1408887989

Equipment http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=616_1408888475

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Looks like the parade did take place.
POWS http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a87_1408887989
Equipment http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=616_1408888475

they promised 1000 POWs but paraded only around 50 Sad

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Quote:
Also this bit inside the story... Does anyone abide by the Geneva convention any longer?

refer to Geneve Convention circa 1949 part I article 3 for this conflict.
Yes, the Ukranian army doesn't follow it unfortunately:
http://uploads.so/i/sqkfegyvpsvog.jpg
http://infokava.com/uploads/posts/2014-07/thumbs/1406140414_plennyy-dnrovec.jpg
http://cs614730.vk.me/v614730186/197b9/rUxjJTHd02M.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gDfOxaEzt8

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

There is a difference between soldiers taking their own trophy photos and an event planned and organized on a large scale intended for the media. I am not saying anyone is innocent either.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:42 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
There is a difference between soldiers taking their own trophy photos and an event planned and organized on a large scale intended for the media. I am not saying anyone is innocent either.

well, you need to check how it all started, in April-May all the Ukranian POWs were let go to families (even pilots of downed jets and helis). Now they don't do that any more. Can't judge them.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Quote:

My point.

There is nobody currently in the world to slap Putin's wrist, or able to tell him to stop in the world that he respects. The separatists are going to do what they are going to do and the Ukrainian government is going to do what it thinks it has to do.

If Europe has any plans of keeping the other former East block countries they allowed in the Zone, Latvia, Estonia. Then there is Poland. Lithuania just close by.

2y with a free reign is a long time. Will the Euros come up with someone to talk like a leader amongst them with Putin? Will 1 (or more) of the breakaway former countries be sacrificed to appease him?

It sounds hard/harsh,though think it's where everything is headed. Foment unrest, move in with forces. Has happened throughout history, only can give in for so long before has to be confronted. Putin is a strong man is my taking and wants what was "his" the former blocs. Europe isn't close to powerful enough to stop anyone. Time to start putting money in military instead of nearly all into social like have been the last several decades or there will be worse than another Chamberlain moment staring Europe in the face.

Can't blame Putin. Seems to read weakness well and he has, all around the globe.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Quote:

My point.
There is nobody currently in the world to slap Putin's wrist, or able to tell him to stop in the world that he respects. The separatists are going to do what they are going to do and the Ukrainian government is going to do what it thinks it has to do.
If Europe has any plans of keeping the other former East block countries they allowed in the Zone, Latvia, Estonia. Then there is Poland. Lithuania just close by.
2y with a free reign is a long time. Will the Euros come up with someone to talk like a leader amongst them with Putin? Will 1 (or more) of the breakaway former countries be sacrificed to appease him?
It sounds hard/harsh,though think it's where everything is headed. Foment unrest, move in with forces. Has happened throughout history, only can give in for so long before has to be confronted. Putin is a strong man is my taking and wants what was "his" the former blocs. Europe isn't close to powerful enough to stop anyone. Time to start putting money in military instead of nearly all into social like have been the last several decades or there will be worse than another Chamberlain moment staring Europe in the face.
Can't blame Putin. Seems to read weakness well and he has, all around the globe.

Don't you think you are either too scared or too brainwashed?
Did Putin invade Ukraine? The only thing he does is supporting the separatists. But in same time treat the wounded Ukranian soldiers and let them go back...
Why didn't Putin "invade" Ukraine before that Maidan shit?
But haven't the US/EU did the same in Lybia, Syria supporting the separatists? Didn't you guys support Chechna in 90s?
And don't you think you are on the eve of a new ground operation in Iraq and that will be against the enemy you can't bribe?

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Funny I just read a piece about "whataboutism" and I read Dima's post afterwards...

http://www.economist.com/node/10598774

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

A summary of the crisis.

http://www.vox.com/cards/ukraine-everything-you-need-to-know/what-is-the-ukraine-crisis

Its informative with lots of outgoing links as refs.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:59 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Funny I just read a piece about "whataboutism" and I read Dima's post afterwards...
http://www.economist.com/node/10598774

ahha, yes looks good Smile so guess, now we can't defend but lay on the ground and admit defeat Smile.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
A summary of the crisis.

http://www.vox.com/cards/ukraine-everything-you-need-to-know/what-is-the-ukraine-crisis

Its informative with lots of outgoing links as refs.

Yes it's good actually, but why don't they mention that the number of the Goverment buildings were seized by the Maidan activists before April?
So why it's good for the Western Ukranians to capture the Goverment buildings and throw fire bombs at the police and bad when same happens in the East?

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

The interactive live map of what is happening in Donbass (you can google translate it):
http://cassad.net/?do=warmarker

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't you think you are either too scared or too brainwashed?

Any man who has been in the military and near a combat situation is a liar if they say they weren't scared at some point. Likewise, I will say am scared for future of the free world. Not necessarily from Russian aggression (not really the right word, but will suit without a long explanation). Scared due to the mess that is engulfing the middle east which leads me to...

Quote:
And don't you think you are on the eve of a new ground operation in Iraq and that will be against the enemy you can't bribe?

Russia could step into Iraq if they wanted and fight IS, nobody would stop them. I understand it's the US's fault they are there and that they pulled out that let them get started. Russia has no problems fighting in Syria do they? They also have fighters joining IS from Yes, couldn't remember names) Uzbekistan, Chechnya, Tajekistan, Turkmenistan.. Those might end up invaded by Russia (not saying a bad thing either) long before the US invades with boots on the ground any other M/E country, other than *possibly* Iraq, which wouldn't be in it's current shape if not for irresponsible policies of the current president.

I wasn't attempting to attack Putin above anyway Dima, laying out what i see happening.

Have to ask also (if u don't mind) have you ever been near a "live" area, or something that was close to it? Live zone hear wasn't an actual firefight, but was near Cuba and picking up refugees, many who were career criminals released (thrown out) of Castro's jails.. His punishment for the US taking the legit refugees. Many had somehow acquired weapons.. Knives, machetes.. It was kind of scary for a kid when your turn came around to unload them from whatever they floated over on, then checking them for weapons, vastly outnumbered.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:06 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Forgot to post this link earlier. It pertains to numerous reasons Iraq needs to be "invaded" and goes into exquisite detail (like only Caroline Gillick can) as to what the US middle east policy had degraded to, why and what exactly is occurring with it *right now*, with the Israeli/Saudi/UAE/Egyptian front.

Quote:
Effective cooperation between Israel, the Kurds and the Sunnis could contain, and perhaps defeat, Islamic State while reducing Iran’s chances of securing the strategically vital waterway.

Since the emerging partnership between Israel, Egypt and Saudi Arabia is a direct result of the Obama administration’s destruction of US strategic credibility, it is fairly clear that if properly managed, it can last until January 2017. Until then, in all likelihood, the US will be unwilling and unable to rebuild its reputation.

Quote:
At least for the duration of Obama’s presidency the interests that Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Israel share in preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons and defeating the Muslim Brotherhood/Islamic State as military and political threats can only be advanced through joint action.

The Obama administration would have forced Israel to bow to Hamas’s demands weeks ago if the Egyptians and Saudis hadn’t opposed a Hamas victory.

Caroline Glick

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Ukrainian government accused the Russians of sending a column of tanks and other AV's into SE Ukraine:

Russian armored column

In other news. The Kremlin is apparently planing a new humanitarian column into Ukraine:

Humanitarian

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Lots more talk from the past two days about Russians being in the Ukraine. Are they or aren't they?

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Trojan Horse?  video showing convoy of the "humanitarian" aid...notice all the military equipment and troops

https://news.vice.com/article/russia-is-bringing-aid-to-ukraines-border-amid-trojan-horse-fears

Notice the POW's being marched in public reminiscent of WWII days:

https://news.vice.com/video/russian-roulette-dispatch-71

Siwy89

Rep: 13.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Yes, there are regular military forces of Russian Federation in eastern Ukraine. New offensive towards Mariupol in south is the boldest action of these troops. Russian government is constantly lying about their presence, same old talk. UN will convey and do nothing, because Russians are gonna use their veto.

Check this interesting map

http://liveuamap.com/e/2014/27-august-state-dept-a-russiandirected-counteroffensive-likely?ll=38.907192299999984;-77.03687070000002&zoom=8

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:38 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

The proof is starting to mount with the photos, videos and satellite images coming out.

The other countries that were part of Soviet Union better start uniting as they could be next as Putin "protects" the minority Russians in them....

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:51 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

The "secret" Russian invasion of Ukraine.

today's Washington Post, Russian prisoners and more

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Jump to: