Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 am Post subject: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Bloody Omaha v1.4 is now available!

A BIG THANK YOU to Mooxe for the download sections and forums of CCS!

Here is the change list for v1.4;
- Added text to debriefscreen for morale & vl ownership
- Added the ability to rest BG's and cohesion/fatigue
- Added M4 Dozer new hull and wreck (thanks Dima!)
- Added SDKfz 232 wreck
- Added Night turns to GC
- Changed Artillery support icon to Naval support icon
- Changed date/turn on the scenario editor and strat map
- Changed Off Map Artillery icon to Off Map Naval Support icon
- Changed support quantities to be based on difficulty level
- Changed the 7.5cm IG18 to fit in more/smaller buildings (changed type from med gun to light gun)
- Changed bunker floor to allow large guns (ex. 8.8cm Pak43) to be deployed (changed interior to False)
- Created a separate mod icon file to use for the shortcut for starting the mod
- Fixed debrief Battle, Operation and campaign buttons/tabs background
- Fixed operation and campaign screen cohesion bars showing black only
- Fixed the 37mm AT gun that didn't want to fire (in vehicles.txt mounted number of weapons was wrongly set at 2 instead of 1)
- Fixed Pak43 fire angle from fixed front to front only
- Re-sized all the commander pics to the TLD standard size
- Removed unsused BG icon for 2 / 352 from scenario editor as it not used (KG LEHR is used in the What If GC)
- Removed Wacht Am Rhein text from splash screen
- Updated the mod to work with the last TLD patch 5.50.14b (Note: it will also work with WAR patch 4.50.15b)

You can find it here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=299

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:45 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Quote:
Changed bunker floor to allow large guns (ex. 8.8cm Pak43) to be deployed (changed interior to False)

I took this that all the medium to light AT guns (Pak 40 and smaller) could fit into bunkers, but found out the Pak43 is able to fit into small bunkers on at least 1 map that have tried it on. Took a screenshot, but forgot to save it, was going to post here, though will again if wish next time am on the map. It was on "Dog Green" and up on the upper northern part, between the 2 large bunkers, further back, next to the 2 story building. Has a nice LOS on the beach also.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

[img][/img]

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:56 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Tejszd thanks for keeping this mod updated.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:15 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Tejszd thanks for keeping this mod updated.

With you Mooxe. There was no intention of mine to offend Tejszd with my question of mine, however probably should have started the post out with a congratulations/Thanks for the update and for that? O offer him my sincere apologies now.

Have played the Mod multiple turns through. It has given no hints of a crash yet and the weapons available are a welcome refresh for those who have not played it for quite awhile.

As for AI play? Once again, not wanting to offend Tejszd.. It could use some kind of Vetmod. Maybe Salhexe could put one together if he has any interest sometime and Tejszd does not mind perhaps?

Werf

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:58 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Quote:
Fixed the 37mm AT gun that didn't want to fire (in vehicles.txt mounted number of weapons was wrongly set at 2 instead of 1)

Works well. The Pak35/36 actually takes side shots when they present themselves vs Medium tanks. Somewhat of a rarity in many mods.

Quote:
Changed Artillery support icon to Naval support icon

Have noticed that the AI (allies) don't seem to be using off board Naval Support.

Quote:
Changed the 7.5cm IG18 to fit in more/smaller buildings (changed type from med gun to light gun)

LiG seems to be able to fit into most any small bunker, even buildings. Refreshing to see.

Generic complaints:
Lack of Eastern units spread about. Additional light machine gun troops (mg42)

Edit:

Allies called in Naval barrage (1st time) on Collevile-sur-Mer map. Nasty also, took out a Stug, damaged another.

Last edited by johnsilver on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:27 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback johnsilver!

For the Pak43 I believe your saying it shouldn't fit in the small bunkers?

I can check its size/type to see if that will prevent it from fitting in the small bunkers.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:42 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Quote:
For the Pak43 I believe your saying it shouldn't fit in the small bunkers?

Not sure remember the PaK43 fitting into those small bunkers in any other mod Tejszd. The large,weapons bunkers they generally do on like that same Dog Green map in the above picture, though some of the "Beach modders" have coded that ability out. Wish could remember which ones off hand, but cannot.

Honestly? Playing vs the AI? Prefer having it the way it is, though for the crowd you more than likely updated the mod (H2H), am thinking having the Pak43 able to just fit in the heavy weapons bunkers?

Just a thought, maybe get more feedback from the H2H crowd.

Werf

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Balance is a beast. Support units have almost no support troops. The Stug battalion has less than 10 total troops as i recall. More Opal 3.7cm Trucks (Cool than Infantry.

The Artillery Battalion was nice. They can sit on a nice map and shell the opposition to pieces (which I did), but are short on troops. Very nice, no complaints, though halving the Opal 3.7cm trucks and giving 4 more Infantry would have been a world of difference, even 3 man Spahtrup. That unit is not of any use in reality, except as tracked AT guns with no support (my 2c and no offense)

Allies push hard once they finally get off the beach, which takes a LONG time, not very many places, but they have.

Great mod.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Had this aggravating no forcepool bug well through the mod. Have had this issue multiple times on WAR with a couple of mods, but NEVER with the latest patch on TLD.

Can anyone give me some kind of definitive answer as to why am getting this aggravating bug every once in awhile? Have been advised to go back a day on saves and start, which I appreciate, but would like to know what is the cause of this and why this was never fixed. It bothers me much more than the 0:00 timer ever did.

Thanks for anyone who has any idea.

(3/16
29ID has no forcepool)

[img][/img]

This is interesting and don't recall seeing this before.

Thought would attempt to reload the backup save for the turn ( I make 2 for when I stop after playing several turns) and the backup has the unit removed from the map. Can only hope the unit is now gone.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:01 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Can you post the save game which shows 3/116 29ID with no troops on the Matrix TLD forum please....

Interesting that going back to your save game that the BG gets removed, which is probably the proper handling....

Edit: thanks for all the feedback johnsilver!

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:57 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Attached is an updated Vehicles.txt that changes the 8.8cm Pak43 to 2 elements in size to prevent it from being deployed in small bunkers.

Vehicles.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Vehicles.zip
 Filesize:  5.33 KB
 Downloaded:  578 Time(s)

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:02 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Had this aggravating no forcepool bug well through the mod. Have had this issue multiple times on WAR with a couple of mods, but NEVER with the latest patch on TLD.

Can anyone give me some kind of definitive answer as to why am getting this aggravating bug every once in awhile? Have been advised to go back a day on saves and start, which I appreciate, but would like to know what is the cause of this and why this was never fixed. It bothers me much more than the 0:00 timer ever did.

Thanks for anyone who has any idea.

(3/16
29ID has no forcepool)

[img][/img]

This is interesting and don't recall seeing this before.

Thought would attempt to reload the backup save for the turn ( I make 2 for when I stop after playing several turns) and the backup has the unit removed from the map. Can only hope the unit is now gone.

That looks just like to old WAR bug when WAR first came out.
I haven't seen it since the game was patched.
I wonder if it didn't get corrected in tLD?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:21 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

johnsilver check the date of your TLD CCE.exe it should be March 8/2012.

And if you right click on the file, select properties, details, the version shown should be 5.50.14b

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Quote:
johnsilver check the date of your TLD CCE.exe it should be March 8/2012.

Yeah, 3/8/2012. Just checked.

Quote:
That looks just like to old WAR bug when WAR first came out.
I haven't seen it since the game was patched.

It was on your outstanding Vetbob where had the issues crop up mostly. Never could nail it down and was with the last patch (not.15) on WAR. Both WAR and TLD are 100% legal copies, even Hard copy purchases.

Not dicing on anyone, anybody, anything here. Have heard from others that they never saw this after original, or *maybe* 2nd WAR Patch, though this bug (to me) have seen on Vetbob, Nomada's Ardenne campaign (War) and now, on TLD this one.

P/M. I wasn't going to name you earlier, but it was your idea to go back to *1* day earlier and try again on WAR as recall. THAT sometimes works, though of course can encompass a lot of battles.

Another thing that sometimes bypasses this is to exit, then load it in again and it is gone. That one is rare to fix. That worked this time as I just now did that and not only is it changed, but the allies have a different unit there.. OOF and OOS. Axis units seem to be same.. I took a screen after glimpsing quickly over it just a moment ago. Maybe something else is different another can see other than the 316/29ID being gone and an armored unit there. Made a larger image this time.

Will upload save also as Tejszd requested. Would love to know what causes this once and for all. It is a campaign crusher to me, tho hasn't stopped me from restart over many-a-time before.

Werf

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Edit:

No way here to attach the save that see Tejszd. I could email it if you want. Using photobucket for the pics.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Jon, if you save your GC file with a ".gc" on the end you can attach it to a forum post. Another option would be to zip.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Jon, if you save your GC file with a ".gc" on the end you can attach it to a forum post. Another option would be to zip.

Never noticed that add attachment below before Mooxe. Many thanks and also for the ".GC".

72.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  72.rar
 Filesize:  71.1 KB
 Downloaded:  587 Time(s)

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I remember you've said before that you have experienced this bug before with VETBoB.

I have played a TON of Ops and GC's with WAR,Stock Mod,VETBoB and have never experienced that bug ever since it was patched.
And in some cases I've made it a point to deplete the AI's BG.
And they've always been removed from the game.Never anything like what your seeing.

I'm at a loss as to what to say or advise other than see what Steve at Matrix thinks.

Unless just maybe its a FP issue that someone is missing? And I'm just guessing on that.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Something else anyone playing this mod should possibly take into consideration and take to into heart:

If you are playing as the Axis? Protect those 15cm, 28cm and 10.5cm spotters VERY well and give them a direct LOS from a considerable distance toward armor. They WILL take the initiative to fire at them in barrages at armor, destroy it often times, even Shermans, where in my testing have NEVER been able to get them to do this while ordering them to even with a direct LOS.

Several of the Axis BG's have 2 15cm spotters. When they both begin firing at once.. It is like an off map artillery barrage and they are able to do this several times. The 8.8cm spotter that the FlakBG has is a bit different. it requires a direct LOS to fire and never seems to fire on it's own anyway that have noticed. The 28cm Werfer (2 in BG) also is nasty.

Attempting to mention all of this as many of the front (beach) German units are very weak otherwise, except for these and last a very short time. The units behind have Infantry and *some* guns, but have issues also. The sole Stug BG has almost nil infantry support. Protect those support units.. They are the best units on the map.. By far..

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I believe those heavier guns are setup as area/infantry fire weapons because of their large caliber HE shells thus you can not target a tank directly.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: