Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:49 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

I never could understand why some Vehicles get all the attention to detail while others get little or nothing.

Take the Stewart for example.Very Plain looking.
While the Always so called cool Vehicles get lots of attention.

Very cool to see that the Allied half-tracks have Cannons on them.
I don't recall any CC game having those.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

They look like the models in PitF. At least the camo scheme is very similar to those used in the game.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
They look like the models in PitF. At least the camo scheme is very similar to those used in the game.

Yes, they look very similar, I would not be surprised if they are not the vehicles from Bloody First, at least these german vehicles have mot detail than the Tigers from the Bloody First screenshots.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Awesome howitzer HT and different versions!!! They needed these. but where is m7 priest

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

GMAK

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Look good.

But is it full 3d or just somehow 3d like show in the ss?

If it's full 3d, this should be a good idea to have preset camera for that kind of view. This would be much better than cc and it would give me the power of 2d commanding.

"Where's the king?"

fry30

Rep: 2.3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Made for "PC and iPad"

Is that why the game looks so dumbed down?

Am I wrong to think that the Ipad is a terrible interface to be working towards?

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:11 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Nice to know we won't be stuck in Normandy all over again. Italy and N Africa have long been neglected by the CC devs.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Any news?

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:19 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Yes, as someone else has said out of Normandy at last. Looks good and will be top of my list of game purchases.

AjK

Rep: 14.4

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:14 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Nice to be back… I see I had 3 unread private messaged from 2006 and 2007  Very Happy  That’s pretty much the time I’ve been waiting for an all-new CC with new engine! I hope CC TBF will see daylight one day, it’s been a year since the first and so far last screenshot releases…

I’m disappointed as many here that there’s no strat layer, I was hoping it to be big and very flexible in terms of choices you can make, bg creating/merging/splitting/stacking, ability to fortify/dig-in positions on maps etc. Graphics look really classic CC, which makes the game very “recognizable” but I would have hoped for a more photorealistic approach to be honest. For 2015 the game looks a bit cartoonish given its high level of realism, and “classic” is just a nice way to say “old”  Confused  Also one sided campaign surprises me and with a disappointment… as does missing some basic CC features like multi story buildings. Few questions arise.

- Co-op multiplayer: is it 4-way multiplayer, like 2vs2  Cool? Or 2vsAI  Rolling Eyes?
- Will there be different weather conditions and times of day with corresponding effects and lighting as we are 3D?
- Any news on map size? E: The mini-map in screenshots indicates a fairly small map size but that's just an alpha/test map probably.. i hope.
- A company level campaing, I suppose you will have just a single bg (like in CC3)?

For future I hope there will be a large start layer with a MMOG feat so that each battlegroup is controlled by one player in tactical battle mode. Start would be turn based (move all units at once) and be operated by one of the players. All tactical battles would take place at the same time, online would proceed quickly and have new thrilling elements. Multiplayer is not future, it is today, they should really put leverage on developing it!  Idea

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

We should rename this thread into "The Only Screens". or: "Rare Find! Close Combat 3D screenshots!"

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Or "waiting for the runnings girls, now avaliable in 3D"...or "now you could play CC with only the US 1:a divison and we had to put in a couple of Normandie maps if someone havent played them before".... Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

I actually do not like World of Tanks type arcade games. But one thing wargaming absolutely does right is: They listen to the clients. In my Opinion, If CC: Bloody First was to be successful, it should "first" have to be praised by CC Community here. We have tons of cool ideas and invaluable suggestions because we are the ones who enjoy playing it for hours without getting paid and on the contrary by paying for it, or the guys who mod the game without expecting profit.
I think the main point they also miss: CC is not purely about Visualization. A challenging AI makes my adrenaline level rise, not solely the better graphics.
I do not know if somebody else feels the same way: When I play any other Video game like FPS, after playing, I just feel tired, dizzy and feel like I have wasted my time. But with CC, It is like having your brain worked for something (developing new strategies, learning techical characteristics of equipment ,deployment ideas, etc.) and you feel like,you have been through a real engagement with all the adrenaline still in your blood...

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

The lack of news does not bode well in my opinion. This game was first announced as a 2014 release. Now we are 6 months past that target date and no new screenshots have been released, let alone gameplay videos.
On the positive side: at least this time it does not appear to become a rush job.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:06 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

The lack of stratmap is the most disappointing news. That will transform it from a strategy simulation to a tactical battle simulation. I say, make it optional.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:29 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
That will transform it from a strategy simulation to a tactical battle simulation. I say, make it optional.

But... close combat is a tactical battle simulation...  Confused

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:50 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

It definitely started as a tactical simulation and then added strategic options in CC2 by having to decide where to send reserves/resources then a full strategic map in CC4 & 5 with supply lines and support. The layer while simple added to the game.

Though there were those who preferred CC3 and being able to play over years.... Then again many didn't like CC3 as you could not change the outcome....

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:47 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Quote:

The layer while simple added to the game.

Far too simple. The scripted semi-linear campaign of CC2 was the most enjoyable for me. It allowed you control in things that mattered and where fun (supply and point allocation) while it automated what was supposed to remain historical and make sense (entry of new Battlegroups , open new battle-fronts like polish drop and american boat assault in Nijmegen).

Too bad the programmer consider us dumb and stupid to even think about adding more features to the strategic part.

Quote:

Then again many didn't like CC3 as you could not change the outcome

It is because those people don't get CC3.

CC3 is about the MEN you command, not the war. It is about getting all the soldiers you can alive by the end of it while achieveing your objectives, and if they happen to become heroes or cowards along that journey, so be it. That's why a Vietnam mod works so well in there.

I've never felt so frustrated by losing a single soldier in CC series let alone a whole team than in CC3, I sometimes couldn't bear to lose that veteran guy that had been with me in so many battles and had to cheat by restarting the battle. Never felt that way playing another CC.

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Looks nice! The new engine stuff sounds good too, from what little I've read.

We die hard!

Hello everyone. Hope you've all been well. Smile

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Then again many didn't like CC3 as you could not change the outcome....

So, I just don't get it. The Allies won WW2, right?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: