Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
reinald

Rep: 20.3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:38 am Post subject: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

I try to hook up with another player via Hamachi.

However, when I fire up CC (LSA) the multiplayer screen says my IP is 192.168.etcetc. and not the IP Hamachi allotted me. This is the address of my PC in my LAN. My internet connection is cable WAN. This problem has bugged me since I started playing CC and switched to cable almost one and a half decades ago. I've been off a few years and can't remember how I fixed that.

When I deactivate my LAN connection the game accepts the Hamachi IP and displays it. I however can't get online and connect. When I re-activate the LAN connection the game still says my IP is the Hamachi one but nonetheless can't connect.

H2H inside my LAN works fine, btw.

Help much appreciated. Smile

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

You need to prioritize hamachi over other network types.  

Are you using Windows? If yes, open the "network and sharing center". Then go to the "change adapter settings". Here, press Alt on your keyboard to be able to see the extra menu bar above. On this menu bar: advanced -> advanced settings

Here you will se the advanced settings box, where you can prioritize certain network types on your PC. Choose hamachi and move it to above using the arrow buttons on the side. It should be put above all the other connections.

Now when you restrat CC, it should be able to detect an IP such as 5.xxx.xx.... something (your hamachi ip). If not, disable any firewalls you have, including windows firewall (in my case it doesnt work when I have windows firewall on).

My own question to you:  I recently saw that Hamachi had become commerical and a trial version is available as the only free option. Is there a way around this? I am assuming the trial version is limited and then they expect you to purchase the software?

reinald

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

Thx for your advice, will try.

I didn't notice anything about trial. The commercial version just offers more options, but as far as I understand it the free one should work fine and unlimited for gaming.

Hamachi has always been commercial in the sense that you could buy an enhanced package that offered things like priority connection, more members per network etc.

reinald

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:15 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

I found the settings, it works insofar as CC now says the Hamachi IP is my IP. Still can't connect, neither to another PC in my LAN I set up with CC-LSA and Hamachi (no matter if firewall is up or down) or to my opponent (no matter if he hosts or I).

Any further advice?

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

If you have other versions of CC, such as CC5 or TLD, can you connect with these games using Hamachi?  It may perhaps be LSA related.  (Also restarting the PC after disabling the firewall may be a good idea.)

Another thing is that the version numbers of your game and your opponents' should be the same. If not, both of you should patch to the same version.

No other things come to my mind currently. I hope you find a solution and please share it with us if it works so other people can benefit from it as well. : )

reinald

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:07 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

The only thing so far is that the network code in CC5 must be at least slightly different. CC5 displays the 192.168. bullshit AND the Hamachi IP as my IPs.

However, under Win7 it is a royal pain to install. If I install CC5 in the \Programs (x86) dir I can't mod it (e.g. GJS) because the maps are write-protected and the protection can only be lifted via commands in the command shell. Typical for Microsoft you can uncheck the box in the GUI, but when you refresh it's all protected again (by the system). I use the exact syntax of the attrib command a Microsoft support page gives me, but the command prompt says my parameter is wrong???

If I install CC5 anywhere else I can't 5.01a patch it.

DAS BLUT!!!!

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

I think the best way to install CC5 in Win-7 64bit systems is to install it in the Program Files folder, not the x86 one. You should be able to patch it to 5.01 regardless of where your CC directory is though. (You don't need to install the 5.01 patch in the CC folder.)  Config Manager also works fine when you install the CC5 in the standard (64-bit) Program Fles and not the x86 (32bit) folder.

Put the Config Manager stuff in /C. You just need to run Config Manager as adminstrator so that it works properly when installing mods.

Having done these things, CC works perfect in single player. But the multiplayer screen is missing. Do you have such a problem? If yes, how were you able to solve it?  Here is the thread I opened a few days ago regarding this problem:  Missing Multiplayer Screen Issue

reinald wrote (View Post):

DAS BLUT!!!!

lol Exactly!  Crying or Very sad

reinald

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

OS is indeed Win-7 64bit

I installed it into the Program Files dir, it is write protected there as well and the protection can't easily be removed. I, at least, also wasn't able to patch it in there.

Do you know how that attrib command prompt thing works?

Shit like this pisses me off. I mean if it were cracked warez, OK, but I paid for a legit copy.

reinald

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:37 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

Turned out to be a Hamachi problem. Had to accept the opponents key sumpin before I could connect. Two battles and a strat move yesterday night without any bother. Didn't have to take down router or PC firewall or mess with ports. Hope everything stays that smooth.

Maybe interesting for some: Win8+Hamachi seems a problematic combo and I couldn't get it to run on the other machine.

And I think I stepped on a cobra with my opponent. This guy is crazy good and knows his CC.  Shocked

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

Hi reinald, glad to hear everything works properly now!

As for resisting your opponents better, you could improve your theoretical knowledge of CC tactics. If you haven't already, I would recommend that you look at the tactical guide here on CCS. Includes a lot of tactical tips applicable in Close Combat, regardless of the version:  Pzt Close Combat Tactical Guide

reinald

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:37 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA Multiplayer can't get outside LAN Reply with quote

Thx, I converted it to .mobi and currently read it on my kindle. Good read.

BTW, it's LSA we got to run, in CC5 I don't get beyond stock+5.01a.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: