Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:44 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Yes I did say the Rambo tactic could be smashed by the AI. Which means I'd have to resort to something else to win. When I played this map online, only the very greenest players would let me get away with something similar as what you see in the video, but they would always react much better than the AI. In fights against regular players I would have to win suppression first before my men moved in, or have a portion crawling under fire. The tactic is "unbeatable" not because of the speed the men move, but the concentrated firepower they provide. I say unbeatable in quotes so you don't take it out of context again (remember I said almost unbeatable in the video).

Wow mooxe, you are such a clever tactician. Using a (modified?) game and hosting noobs to a gamey ARCADE fest. I'll bet after you posted the results of each match at Tournament House, you had a real sense of accomplishment. Your voice on the vid, and your explanation above, tells me you are to this day, beaming with pride.

Watching your teams blow through walls, and shoot through walls, and run at ridiculous speeds, and YES the CONCENTRATION of force. You are such a master. Who would have ever known that concentrating force against a weaker opponent is a viable approach. Damn! You took the concentration to an ALL NEW LEVEL.

Surely, you can supply vids for some of the other maps where the latest generation of aspiring multiplayers can learn as you present your almost unbeatable strategies that you developed down through the years.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Hey johnsilver,

I hate for you to go without.  Arrow

Sudden Strike 2

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Yes I did say the Rambo tactic could be smashed by the AI. Which means I'd have to resort to something else to win. When I played this map online, only the very greenest players would let me get away with something similar as what you see in the video, but they would always react much better than the AI. In fights against regular players I would have to win suppression first before my men moved in, or have a portion crawling under fire. The tactic is "unbeatable" not because of the speed the men move, but the concentrated firepower they provide. I say unbeatable in quotes so you don't take it out of context again (remember I said almost unbeatable in the video).

Wow mooxe, you are such a clever tactician. Using a (modified?) game and hosting noobs to a gamey ARCADE fest. I'll bet after you posted the results of each match at Tournament House, you had a real sense of accomplishment. Your voice on the vid, and your explanation above, tells me you are to this day, beaming with pride.

Watching your teams blow through walls, and shoot through walls, and run at ridiculous speeds, and YES the CONCENTRATION of force. You are such a master. Who would have ever known that concentrating force against a weaker opponent is a viable approach. Damn! You took the concentration to an ALL NEW LEVEL.

Surely, you can supply vids for some of the other maps where the latest generation of aspiring multiplayers can learn as you present your almost unbeatable strategies that you developed down through the years.

If you have a point to make other than being insulting, baiting and off-topic, please make it.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Hey johnsilver,

I hate for you to go without.  Arrow

Sudden Strike 2

HA  Laughing Brings a tear to me eye STWA.. Fortunately? I and think most of the people from CC who gave SS a whirl never gave the developers another red cent.. 'Twern't worth it.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
HA  Laughing Brings a tear to me eye STWA.. Fortunately? I and think most of the people from CC who gave SS a whirl never gave the developers another red cent.. 'Twern't worth it.

Well, you're a good person. Do you ever get the feelling that CC is going to last longer than us? Because of this thread I re-installed some of my stuff.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
johnsilver wrote (View Post):

Well, you're a good person. Do you ever get the feelling that CC is going to last longer than us? Because of this thread I re-installed some of my stuff.

Get the feeling several of them will live long and prosper. On the other hand and without wishing to offend Matrix, fans of the titles, or anyone else.. Have a feeling several of them will be going the way of RTB and end up as giveaways on sites such as Sudden Site you just linked to, or easily found found by that infamous hacker "Skidrow" and passed about   Crying or Very sad

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:49 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Well, in the end my collection at its peak was CC4, CC5, RTB, (which were all boxed editions), then CCMT and WAR (which were digital downloads).

I am done. I know I am. No 2D game past or present is going to be better than what I have now with CCMT. I had a certain amount of buyers remorse with WAR, but I thought I might be able to work with the new maps. I tried hard, but most of em were what I define as sub-standard. But WAR lets me do CC4 and CC5 Classic games.

Who is Skidrow?

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:52 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Flash - The first Ebola case in the US has appeared in Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, Texas. My son, was born at that hospital in 1995.

johnsilver,

If you note the CC titles that I did acquire, one could easily see how I have been anything but disenchanted. I just got lucky. But, there were times when I succumbed to the sub-culture here at CCS that would complain about anything.

Another thing I forgot to mention, WAR provided a handful of expanded CC4 maps. These were very nice, and I just love CC4 maps. Here is Wardin.  Arrow

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, in the end my collection at its peak was CC4, CC5, RTB, (which were all boxed editions), then CCMT and WAR (which were digital downloads).

Pretty much those here. CC2, 3, 4, 5 and then left CC for Combat Mission, got sick after that for several years, came back and started out with Boxed WAR, them got both TLD and LSA off of Ebay (discs in box) PiTF in Box, then GTC digital.

Don't see any future titles, unless Matrix reverts back to the old engine somehow.

Quote:
Who is Skidrow?

Darth Vader of the internet STWA. Better leave it at that, or we may get swatted aside here.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:01 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

I sorta agree.
TBF, being 3D, will either spell the end of Close Combat. Or start a small revitalization.
I have said this before but a 3D CC is a cop out. A cop out by definition!

If the last 4 Close Combat re releases were amazing leaps forward with heeps of new kick ass features. THEN i would reluctantly accept a 3D CC.

Im just praying that the new Close Combat is a top down view. And the picture they have released is an example of the maximum rotation available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:32 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
I sorta agree. TBF, being 3D, will either spell the end of Close Combat. Or start a small revitalization.
I have said this before but a 3D CC is a cop out. A cop out by definition! If the last 4 Close Combat re releases were amazing leaps forward with heeps of new kick ass features. THEN i would reluctantly accept a 3D CC. Im just praying that the new Close Combat is a top down view. And the picture they have released is an example of the maximum rotation available.

I can relate to what you are saying. In the day, sometimes a game series would produce a new iteration that would render every previous version of the game as obsolete.

For a while, I told myself, TBF might do that. Kanov already posted some screenies, and they do in fact look top down. But wouldn't you know some of the guys were already disenchanted about the appearance of some of the tanks.  Laughing

I know very little about TBF, but the 3D engine was going to provide accurate mathmetics for firing, visiblity, and cover calculations. I also thought there would be no multiplayer in TBF?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:55 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
I sorta agree.
TBF, being 3D, will either spell the end of Close Combat. Or start a small revitalization.
I have said this before but a 3D CC is a cop out. A cop out by definition!

If the last 4 Close Combat re releases were amazing leaps forward with heeps of new kick ass features. THEN i would reluctantly accept a 3D CC.

Im just praying that the new Close Combat is a top down view. And the picture they have released is an example of the maximum rotation available.

My problem with Matrix and CC going 3d is that CM went that route well over 10y ago and is leaps and bounds ahead in getting a base ahead fan wise wise, then has the ability to pan around the screen, up, down and even though I had only purchased the only 3 titles back then? Exactly how further advanced are they now, than is Matrix who will be putting out title #1 in a near identical game and attempting to getting into a niche market that CM has been into for 10+ years and released multiple games at and had several title to hone their craft/product on? It was pretty advanced on the Italian/ front as recall on title Product #2 and that was 10y ago. How does Matrix compete with that and didn't CM just release a newer title around a year ago?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Jump to: