Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Hey Nomada, I was wondering if this tank will inspire you. I found it randomly on Wikipedia, looks quite interesting in my opinion and will fit well in this mod ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus

I will add it sooner or later, I have a graphic from the Maus and one from the E100. Have fun.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

I think this mod will be very successful with these 2 tanks. Also, the amount of different types is quite good in my opinion. Could you give me an update on how things are going?

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

I publish regular updates at my site. http://firefoxccmods.com/index.php?topic=1103.msg15591;topicseen#new

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:37 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

These are the last updates. I have started to replace the battlegroups by others and I´m making the companies a bit different. Probably the main change is the amount of vehicles at one battle, probably it will not be bigger than 7 by battlegroup. Enough amount of vehicle for a good fight.

Remember, I do not publish every updates here. More at http://firefoxccmods.com/

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Some of progress here. I have continued adding the Axis battlegroups. Perhaps I will finish the German battlegroups this week. It should not be impossible because the infantry units are added with few different company and the biggest difference between battlegroups are the vehicles and guns.

If you take a look in screenshots, there is a company with normal infantry units, one with support infantry units as MGs, Mortars, Sniper...., another with scout infantry units and other with assault infantry units, all them from SS, FJ and normal army. This way is similar to the original GTC but better.

Truely all the new code changes from GTC were made for avoid the mess and make easier the addition from new battlegroups to the game.

You can follow all the updates from the mod here. http://firefoxccmods.com/index.php?topic=1103.15#lastPost

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:02 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Hi all. I continue working in the mod but most of the times I do not publish news about it here. If you want know more, you must go to my site http://firefoxccmods.com/

This is my last addition. The Avre. I edited the turret from a cocodrile for the vehicle graphic.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Few minutes ago, I have uploaded the first version from the mod. You can find it here http://firefoxccmods.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=189 I have adapted the LSA installer to GTC and it should work without problems. Have fun.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Good Notices!!!!

THANKS!!

heia Safari!!

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Thanks as always for this mod Nomada. Yours are always top notch and have been for years.  Very Happy

Werf

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

For anyone who has been playing this mod I have a question: Has there been a number of crashes when playing the AI from this mod or are those primarily happening from a GtC bug? I don't remember crashes as being a particular problem with the GtC AI.

I have had a number of crashes, even on the same battles and in order to try to come up with a "quick fix" I decided to try something. Since they were happening shortly after the enemy forces were asking for a truce, and since many gamers were complaining about similar problems with GtC H2H, I decided to try to short circuit the problem by clicking on the truce button before it becomes an issue. The results are that so far I have not experienced any more crashes.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Forgot to mention Normada, really enjoying playing with all the German monster tanks, although just trying to keep my lesser units in one piece has become a full time job.

For a very challenging scenario try the Hemorage GC.

Many thanks Normada for a very playable mod for all those "What If?" gamers out here.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen 1946 mod Reply with quote

Was having crash issues with a couple of the campaigns also. Think when Nomada developed this mod, he *might* (guessing) have been using the Odon-Anvil campaign since that one is represented by Russian, Japanese, UK, US forces. I have had -0- issues with that campaign and even completed it.

Maybe give it a try? There is a bit of back and forth here on his forums here regarding some crashes I had on other campaigns:

crashes

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: