Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

No. Gunsche wanted to make some graphics for the installer first. Waiting on that.

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Sorry fellas, kinda lost all steam this month. That was very unfortunate as I wanted to release an update to the mod with mooxe's installer on the 17th.

Hectic at work, busy during weekends yada, yada, yada.
You know the drill  Wink

I intend to give mooxe the updated files this week so he can make that awesome installer of his  Very Happy

Will post list of changes later today.

Thank you all for your patience  Cool

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Gunsche

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

First off, Sapa:
Adding a connection between rail bridge and road bridge is logic as Frost stuck to the riverfront, avoiding the at the moment recently established blocking line.
Will add that road connection  Wink

The change log so far:
-Vickers MMG sound volume increased, was far too low in comparison with other MGs

-Elst Approach Static BG removed. Didn't serve much of a purpose except just giving KG Gräbner a free StuG IIIG.

-Recycle Disbanded BGs turned on in the Campaign.txt file. Forgot to turn it on before for some reason.

-107PzB starts in Gemert, at least giving the allied player some notice and giving the german player the option to attack elsewhere.

-Briefing videos enabled for campaigns. To get this to work I had to rename all campaign files to the original.

-Minor changes to buttons in BG screen. Some were to large etc, etc.

-Multiplayer screen changed back to original to work with Game Ranger.

- Arnhem Road bridge BTD fixed, had "secret" road connection.

-Renkum Heath LZ-X BTD fixed, had "secret" road connection.

-Mortar efectiveness toned down. My impression were that they were far to powerfull. Let's try it again  Wink

-XXXth Corps starts in Aalst 0900hrs on the 18th due to all airsupport grounded by fog until then.

-KGr Gräbner moved to Elst Approach in order to do his infamous failed dash across the Arnhem road bridge on the morning of the 18th.

-1x Flak 38 removed from Arnhem Rail Bridge, the allied player should have a chance to capture the bridge intact.

-Ammo for mortars and MGs adjusted. Some had too much ammunition while others had to little.

-Ingame bipod LMG BAR graphics changed, was MG.08/15

-Valburg - Elst Approach road arrow corrected, the arrowas had opposite directions.

-AEC Mk III Turret aligment corrected, turret was offset to the left of the body

-Twin 20mm Oerlikon burst ammo usage lowered from 10 to 6 and HE shells made to be as effective as other 20mm weapons.

-Old Valkenswaard map changed to smaller Valkenswaard map ( made by schrecken) for smoother gameplay vs AI.
Thanks Sapa for the suggestion  Wink

-BGroups corrections, concistensy and correction issues.

-GETeams corrections, concistensy and correction issues.

-Ammo count for Para Sten guns increased due to Para bandoilers (7 mags instead of 5)

-Sperrverband Harzer renamed Kampfgruppe Gerhard

-Fixed KG Gerhard force pool to be more historical.

-Added LW 8.5cm FlaK (r), a captured soviet 85mm AA gun pressed into german service. It was found in one of the AA batteries sent from KG von Svoboda to help KG Gerhard.

-Captured Vickers and Hotchkiss for KM Infantry. According to a strenght report from KG Gerhard on the 24th, Schiffsturm Abteilung 14 had these MGs.

-Heavy Tank Company Hummel: Corrected the attachments of Tiger Is to Arnhem KGs
2 Tiger Is to KGr Brinkmann late 19/09
All Tiger Is removed early 20/09
7 Tiger Is attached to KGr Knaust early 20/09

That's it for now. Can't think of anything right now that needs to be done except those damn unit pics for the germans!  Evil or Very Mad

Will send the filed to mooxe as soon as I can.

8,5cm FlaKr.JPG
 Description:
8.5cm FlaK(r) in action.
 Filesize:  7.74 KB
 Viewed:  18027 Time(s)

8,5cm FlaKr.JPG

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Gunsche

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Quote:
First off, Sapa:
Adding a connection between rail bridge and road bridge is logic as Frost stuck to the riverfront, avoiding the at the moment recently established blocking line.
Will add that road connection  

I just checked West Arnhem map and saw that the riverbank runs just at the bottom of the map. Now Im at the conclusion that skipping this part would be unlogical. I'll just leave things the way theya re for the moment.  Confused

However, im curious about the results of your changes for the bridge VLs.  Wink

slipper

Rep: 44.3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Gunsche

I have just started a campaign with this mod mate still on day one, i have played about 8 battles so far and must say i am really enjoying it, the AI is making me pay to take any ground. However i have noticed one thing, which i do not suppose is down to your mod in particular but more to do with the base game.

All except one battle have been attacks by me so far (playing as Allies), the one battle however where the Germans attacked proved to be a bit of a dissapointment though. I am not sure what map it was now, but it was an American landing ground onto which the Germans attacked from a relativley small deployment area.

The AI did not handle it at all well, they kept trying to attack one victory location only and just kept coming across an open field in small groups, i think i only used two squads in total to deal with the attack. Looking at the German roster after the battle (which ended in a morale failiure for the Axis) they had a good strength battlegroup and should have made me pay more.

I know there are problems with the base game and AI attacking routines, but is there anything that may be altered in any files to make the AI attack better? Wether more agressivley or at least attack more than one victory location and/or use their resources better?

regards

slipper

Gunsche

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:34 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

slipper, glad to hear the AI is giving you an hard time  Wink
I think the german attack is at Son Heath as they arrive late evening, I'll check their deployment area and see if something can be done.
As for the AI making poor attacks; thats as you say, pretty much they way it has always been in CC.  Crying or Very sad
Not sure what I can do to improve it.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:31 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Hello,
So I'm finally looking to install this next week but I'm unsure of the steps I need to take.
I have all 3 files....

INSIS_BETA.rar
INSIS_MAPACK_BETA.rar
Update_1_and_installer.rar

What is the correct install order?

Thank-You

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:14 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Acctualy, the update is just there so mooxe can make an installer with the latest files, but it's easy to do an manual instalation.
First get the Beta rar and put everything in your LSA folder, then get the map-pack and put it in the INSIS folder.
Finally get the Update_1_and_installer.rar and put it's files in the correct place, replacing the old files.

slipper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Thanks for taking a look Gunsche, just had a similar experience although with different results.

03.00 battle St Odenrode 18th Sept, i hold the map the Germans attack from the left hand side. I intentionally pulled back to just defend the bridges, the AI made a small probe right down the main street then not much at all.

I sent a recon team out to see what was happening and found them all pretty well where they started, by the end of the game i think they took 2 VL's which were very close to them and i was not defending, but hadn't made any effort to attack anything in strength.

What decides how and where the AI attacks? do they always do the same thing? They could have taken most of the map easily as i was not even defending it. I realise the limitations of the game but is there any way to get a better attack routine from the AI?

Not a criticism of your mod mate in anyway, having some really enjoyable attacking games, but most of the defending games turn out to be pretty flat unless you actually take the game to the AI.

cheers mate

slipper

p.s if i add the update to an already existing game will it mean i have to start a new campaign?

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

It's always recomended that you delete any old saves and restart the campaign, especially now since there are a few campain.txt, maps and stratmap changes.

As for the AI being "dormant" some players report that the AI perform better on smal maps.
Maybe adding main objectives for the enemy will make them move, in other words making victory location worth 200 points on the map, changing their stats to Primary objective?

Quote:
Not a criticism of your mod mate in anyway, having some really enjoyable attacking games, but most of the defending games turn out to be pretty flat unless you actually take the game to the AI.

Hey, I get how you feel.
Glad that you enjoy the attacks  Wink

slipper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Thanks again mate for your reply.

Quote:
Maybe adding main objectives for the enemy will make them move, in other words making victory location worth 200 points on the map, changing their stats to Primary objective?

Is that something i could do? Is it straightforward or will it cause problems with campaigns etc? What i mean i suppose is if just the settings you refer to are changed would everything else play as it is supposed to, just with the AI a little better at attacking?

Also is that the only setting that affects where the AI attacks, they just head for the VL with highest value? Would they attack two if they had the same value? What if somehow the VL values were randomized every turn would that help?

cheers again

slipper

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

You could check the BG vs BG default plan in campaign.txt or the commander stats in BGroups as those settings can impact how agressive/defensive a BG will be.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:46 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

I have been trying to make the AI attack for years  Sad

There are some things to do: Data/Base/Battlegroups should if i recalls right be put on aggresive and "keeping NO reservs". In CC5 (i dont know about the latest games) you could try to change an Important VL flag to 200 p but it doesent always helps...smaller maps is much better (the latest releases has gone to bigger and bigger maps and smaller units)

And then you have the Veteran way..code the infantry as vehicles and get them slaugterd on the streets (i dont like it)

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:14 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been trying to make the AI attack for years  

ah c'mon, code infantry teams as recon vehicles or halftracks and they will attack towards VLs on any map no problem Smile.
cheat with weapons for AI in data and it will be unstoppable Wink

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:15 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Quote:
And then you have the Veteran way..code the infantry as vehicles and get them slaugterd on the streets (i dont like it)

oops didn't see that Smile

slipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Thanks all for the replies, i had a look at some of the game files but it makes no real sense to me i must admit. I couldn't find victory locations referenced anywhere.

Out of curiosity would it be possible to add hidden victory locations to a map? Was thinking that hidden high value VL's may make the AI attack a certain spot or direction.

regards

slipper

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

you will let us know when mooxe works his magic with an installer....  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:18 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

The victory locations per map are defined in the maps directory in a file named for the map with a .btd extension (it is really just a plain text file).

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

any news on mooxe and an installer???  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:32 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September Beta Available Reply with quote

Yes.... I am pretty side tracked and a bit distant from the CC scene atm, however, I will do it....

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: