Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

I disagree with that statement.  Boris Yeltsin would never had acted so aggressively.  There are tangible differences with Russia's leaders over the years.  Even in USSR days, huge differences with each leader.  In America we too have a massive political/corporate machine that no President individually can change.  However Putin personally is accountable for the policy in Ukraine.  Also he has been in power since the late 90's after Yeltsin's death...so he acts like he is entitled to stay in power indefinitely.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
I disagree with that statement.  Boris Yeltsin would never had acted so aggressively.

so you don't remember how under Eltsin our troops were fighting in Abkhazia and South Ossetia againts Georgians, in Prednestrovie againtst Moldavians, and in Chechna against separatists Wink

Quote:
There are tangible differences with Russia's leaders over the years.  Even in USSR days, huge differences with each leader.  In America we too have a massive political/corporate machine that no President individually can change.  However Putin personally is accountable for the policy in Ukraine.  Also he has been in power since the late 90's after Yeltsin's death...so he acts like he is entitled to stay in power indefinitely.

you know there is a popular game Zombies vs Plants, choose your side Wink

Ramcke

Rep: 10.4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

its a power struggle; Ukraine has nukes and more nukes makes Russia more powerful

just my thoughts

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:01 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Ramcke wrote (View Post):
its a power struggle; Ukraine has nukes and more nukes makes Russia more powerful
just my thoughts

reading your posts in these couple of days i thought you were stupid but looks like I overstimated you.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:32 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

The Ukraine does not have nukes. Some have criticized the removal of them.
But i don't think this is about nukes. And i don't think more nukes will make Russia more powerfull.  Very Happy

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:07 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Ukraine should settle this with nukes.  Arrow

Link

dj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:26 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
dj wrote (View Post):
I disagree with that statement.  Boris Yeltsin would never had acted so aggressively.

so you don't remember how under Eltsin our troops were fighting in Abkhazia and South Ossetia againts Georgians, in Prednestrovie againtst Moldavians, and in Chechna against separatists Wink

Quote:
There are tangible differences with Russia's leaders over the years.  Even in USSR days, huge differences with each leader.  In America we too have a massive political/corporate machine that no President individually can change.  However Putin personally is accountable for the policy in Ukraine.  Also he has been in power since the late 90's after Yeltsin's death...so he acts like he is entitled to stay in power indefinitely.

you know there is a popular game Zombies vs Plants, choose your side Wink

Not a valid analogy Dima.  Although you are correct, Yeltin was trying to prevent those provinces from breaking away.  It is not the same thing as what Putin is doing in Ukraine.  To my knowledge, the international community never officially considered Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Moldavia, or Chechna independent nations.  Whereas Ukraine has long been established a sovereign independent nation for some time now.  Clinton had bad policy to support the Chechnans.  Many of these people join the ranks of Islamic jihadi's maybe even some now are in the ranks of ISIS.

What did you mean about Putin not being individually accountable for actions?  Do you think the defense companies in Russia or industrialists are putting pressure on him to start war and expand?  I kind of doubt that would be the case - it seems he is using this action to bring Russia back to glory days of imperialist power.  It has been a long time since Russia has been able to go on offense and expand its borders.  Here in America, the defense corporation has an army of lobbyists along with many business partner industrialists that seek to perpetually grow spending.  Not sure if Russia has that issue.

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Not a valid analogy Dima.  Although you are correct, Yeltin was trying to prevent those provinces from breaking away.  It is not the same thing as what Putin is doing in Ukraine.  To my knowledge, the international community never officially considered Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Moldavia, or Chechna independent nations.  Whereas Ukraine has long been established a sovereign independent nation for some time now.

Abkhazia
The conflict involved a 13-month-long War in Abkhazia, beginning in August 1992, with Georgian government forces and a militia composed of ethnic Georgians who lived in Abkhazia on one side and Russian-backed separatist forces consisting of ethnic Abkhazians, Armenians and Russians who also lived in Abkhazia on the other side. The separatists were supported by the North Caucasian and Cossack militants and (unofficially) by Russian forces stationed in Gudauta. The conflict resulted in an agreement in Sochi to cease hostilities, however, this would not last.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abkhaz%E2%80%93Georgian_conflict#War_in_Abkhazia

Transnistria
The War of Transnistria followed armed clashes on a limited scale which broke out between Transnistrian separatists and Moldova as early as November 1990 at Dub?sari. Volunteers, including Cossacks, came from Russia and Ukraine to help the separatist side.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria#War_of_Transnistria

Does it sound so much different from Ukraine?

Quote:
Clinton had bad policy to support the Chechnans.  Many of these people join the ranks of Islamic jihadi's maybe even some now are in the ranks of ISIS.

Not maybe.

Quote:
What did you mean about Putin not being individually accountable for actions?  Do you think the defense companies in Russia or industrialists are putting pressure on him to start war and expand?  I kind of doubt that would be the case - it seems he is using this action to bring Russia back to glory days of imperialist power.  It has been a long time since Russia has been able to go on offense and expand its borders.  Here in America, the defense corporation has an army of lobbyists along with many business partner industrialists that seek to perpetually grow spending.  Not sure if Russia has that issue.

Putin is not an evil genious. He is just a member/leader of one of the clans deciding the Russian politics.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

An interesting article about the effects of totalitarianism in Russia.

In 2006 and 2007, Michelle Parsons, an anthropologist who teaches at Emory University and had lived in Russia during the height of the population decline in the early 1990s, set out to explore what she calls “the cultural context of the Russian mortality crisis

http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2014/sep/02/dying-russians/

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:19 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Hey Grunt,

Interesting article, but after reading, I wondered about China being the country with the largest population, and why they were not afflicted with conditions similar to Russia.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Hey Grunt,

Interesting article, but after reading, I wondered about China being the country with the largest population, and why they were not afflicted with conditions similar to Russia.

I think the writer sort of jumped a few points. They compare each individual vice with another country as a way of ruling that factor out. Ex smoke like a Greek, drink like a Czech, eat like an Englishman - but fails to acknowledge that  if you do ALL of these at the same time, your life expectancy WILL decrease.

Either way, I agree that a lack of future, the grinding down of hope is a feature of totalitarian regimes that will lead to these behaviours.

I posted this because the life expectancy was one of the factors talked about earlier in this thread.

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:58 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Troger says - False.  Saakashvili is not wanted for "starting the war."  He's been summoned for question regarding a murder case.

Actually he is wanted for starting the war. The charge is corruption while in Office. Currently he is living in Miami with all the other overthrown dictators.

I can't help but laugh at those who were gullible enough to believe the rubbish backing the now crumbling Ukraine Govt a couple of months ago. All those stories that the Russia Army had invaded, shelling Ukraine from Russia etc - still no proof. The only proof to date is that the Nationalist Govt in Kiev is falling apart - resignations, corruption, attacks on foreign journo's, further riots, ran away prices for gas and consumables etc. Then there is the matter of the Ukraine Army being beaten by a militia aided by Russia and mass desertions.

USA pretty much have handed Russia a free hand in the Ukraine now after it's own illegal strikes in Syria without Syrian Govt permission. An act of war by any other name. The Brit's are refusing to bombing Syria as they know it's illegal and repercussions to follow.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:09 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Investigation about the Russian troops in Ukraine with photos and references. Google translate it.
http://top.rbc.ru/politics/02/10/2014/542c0dcfcbb20f5d06c1d87a

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Next week to Saint-Petersburg. Hopefully I am not arrested..

Seems like people here don´t care that much what is going on in Ukraine because the train is fully booked which I travel..

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

The Swedes have been tracking a Russian sub or mini sub. Today they said they "made contact" with "something", possibly a Russian made listening device. No tangible proof of a sub as of yet.

BBC news story about the sub hunt.

dj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:50 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Why are they lurking?  Sounds suspicious or they are doomed with accident like the other nuke sub disaster the Russians had.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Well the Swedes don't exactly have any listening device, a kind of sonar bouy, to prove that there was a Russian sub to begin with. They claim they ran into one but didn't manage to haul it onboard. So that makes me suspicious that there never was one to begin with. Finnish media has been drumming up this incident but with no tangible proof of a sub...just doesn't convince me. The Swedes have previously mistaken swimming otters (?) as Russian subs so I'm calling Swedish flub on this one.

More BBC news about the whole debacle.

dj

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Good article.  Funny how Russia views the accusations with "disdain".  I do find it hard to believe Russia would waste time with Sweden so I thought maybe another sub accident tragedy was more likely.

Or this could be another USO incident as reported near Canada's Nova Scotia coast?

"Russians have treated the allegations with disdain, even suggesting it might be a Dutch submarine. But the Ukraine crisis has revived many of the trappings of the Cold War. In the space of a couple of months

Estonia has accused Russia of abducting a security official
Finland has said Russian planes entered its airspace and one of its research boats was interfered with in international waters in the Baltic Sea
Nato says a Russian spy plane briefly entered Estonian airspace on 21 October after flying near Denmark and Sweden..."

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:18 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Swedish Institute of Public Health identifies GAY submarine.  Arrow

Link

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:42 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

If they really want to locate potential Russian subs in the Baltic.. Why not temporarily detach a unit of the new MCM class of mine sweepers to Nato.. Run some bogus fleet tests with Sweden, Finland.. Whoever and coordinate with the air? Wooden hulled Sweeper's (like I was on) were capable of sweeping and had the capability of scanning the ocean depths, at any position for submarines.. Had a submersible even which suspect the new McM class is leaps and bounds ahead technology wise 35y later..

Deploy 2-4 to the Baltic with the most advanced sonar, radar and other under sea detection equipment in the world and lets see if Russia has a sub hiding or not

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Jump to: