Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 pm Post subject: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp Vet Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I've returned to the best game in the Close Combat Series to do a Let's Play that's well overdue. Back in the day, I started my channel with CC2 and it's the one game I've always wanted to redo a Let's Play of. This Let's Play will be from the Allies side and played on Veteran difficulty.

I'm planning to just pump this let's play out in a week or a little more so check back regularly to my YouTube channel (or subscribe) to see if new episodes are up.

Click this LINK to go to the first video. Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:15 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

Quick update, we're 5 episodes in atm. However, I'm not going to be able to complete this in a week as originally predicted. I can't upload the videos quickly enough due to terrible capped upload speed. Currently aiming for 4 videos a day.

Tactically, we're doing well. Taken every objective so far, even the difficult to take in time Arnhem Rail Bridge :)

P.S. British Telecom sucks

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

cant wait to see your Grossbeek Farmland, 4-5 enemy tanks and storm infantry with mortar support against your guys of nothing.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
cant wait to see your Grossbeek Farmland, 4-5 enemy tanks and storm infantry with mortar support against your guys of nothing.

Yep Laughing the first battle for Groesbeek has just gone up, click here (it's episode 8 of the LP btw)

I actually think Oosterbeek is the toughest Landing Zone in the game. We'll be hanging on by our fingernails there. But I plan on winning that map by by slowly losing it.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

Just a quick update on this Let's Play. We're 22 episodes in right now, and doing pretty well. We've taken most of the bridges except Son (which blew) and Nijmegen. We've got Arnhem Bridge, and we've got a chance of beating the Germans at the Landing Zone at Oosterbeek.

I've been uploading 4 videos a day for this LP, which is too much. I'd originally hoped to finish it in a week, but that wasn't to be. I'm going to reduce the amount of videos to 2 per day for this LP so as not to overwhelm my subscribers. Let me know what you think of it so far!

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:47 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I am to doing fairly well this time around on vet, check out what Upton takes out!!! Most likely penetrated top of tank/hatches since it was a multi-story building. Never say never even with non AT infantry.

upton.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  545.1 KB
 Viewed:  558 Time(s)

upton.png

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I am to doing fairly well this time around on vet, check out what Upton takes out!!! Most likely penetrated top of tank/hatches since it was a multi-story building. Never say never even with non AT infantry.

Damn, that's pretty good. What day of the campaign are you on there?

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I don't know but as of now I got XXX corps to Nimegen Sector and it says day 4. Groesbeek heights This is Panther country, wish me luck.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I don't know but as of now I got XXX corps to Nimegen Sector and it says day 4. Groesbeek heights This is Panther country, wish me luck.

Eek! Day 4... You're definitely going to need some luck to get to Arnhem now haha  Very Happy

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:24 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I think he is quite on scheduled. It's quite hard (or maybe even impossible, might be hardcoded, I don't remember) to cross the Waal with the XXX Corps before the 82nd makes it across to clear the other side. I would recommend to play this operation before trying to force your way with the XXX Corps. Last time, I depleted most of XXX Corps at Nijmegen Bridge and had to make my way in The Island only with AT Guns and some light tanks.
Good luck, both of you!

EDIT: Of course, I assume you are still holding the Arnhem Bridge.  Very Happy

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:29 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

Gammon bombs are amazing, and one of your best resources when playing the British.

My Youtube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Gammon bombs are amazing, and one of your best resources when playing the British.

Personally, I find them to be hit or miss. There's no way to influence their use and usually it's easier to get a PIAT into position rather than rely on them. But if you have any suggestions on how to maximise their effectiveness, let me know!

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I usually just put my soldiers on ambush or defend inside a house and let them do the job, just like vobbnobb did. Of course, PIATs are useful, but having AT capability on your regular infantry is priceless. I always miss my Gammon when I play the US.
This might be a personal preference, because I'm always using Engineers with Explosives against tanks in other versions of CC.

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

Hmmm... ok that's good to know. I'll try it when I get into a sticky situation.

I do like how the Germans have lots of panzerfausts in this game. It makes it so much easier to take out Allied tanks. Just a shame that panzerfausts were nerfed so much in later CC's

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:56 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I did it. Beat this damn thing on veteran mode.. Most of the time consisted of me restarting a battle as it progressed. The river the crossing, I lost a lot on but finally made it up hill with a handful of guys. Also never captured Groesbeek farmland but totally annihilated them on the island.

didit.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.83 KB
 Viewed:  566 Time(s)

didit.png

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

Congratoulations vobbnobb!

My Youtube Channel

Range10

Rep: 1.4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:01 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

For those who love the history of this campaign as well as the CC game, if you haven't seen it, recommend you find and watch "There's is the Glory."

This is a movie (2 hours) done by the Brits directly after the war (1946). It is filmed in Arnhem and you can see the devastation. The filming used no actors and no sets, so they filmed this reenactment right in the same buildings and terrain.

Most incredible are the German equipment used in the movie. They must have had this stuff lying all over the place. You see them driving multiple Panthers around and appear to fire a PIAT at one of them. If they only knew how valuable that tank would be today, they could have sold it at auction and paid down part of their debt.

But the best visual comes late in the film. A Pzkw VI B, and they blow it up.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:57 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

I have this movie, "There's is the Glory" but haven't watched it yet. I really need to be in the right mood to watch a 1946 grainy movie on the widescreen haha... I downloaded it because people said it has a lot of authentic equipment in it, such as a working Panther.

Range10

Rep: 1.4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:38 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

Mooxe --Multiple Panthers moving in formation, a Tiger moving at speed and traversing its turret, and the King Tiger as a backdrop at least in two segments of the film.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:52 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat A Bridge Too Far - Allied Camp V Reply with quote

speaking of stock footage

http://www.buyoutfootage.com/pages/pd_mil_wwii_europe.html

Tons and tons of it.

But its expensive as %%%%!

Watch one of the movies
http://www.buyoutfootage.com/qtvue.php?z=http://c0023727.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/pd_dc_195-web.mov&x=1080&y=720&t=Big%20Red%20One

http://d1821938b287ac512c22-ad3da5e943428a7d401906d39cb0863c.r60.cf1.rackcdn.com/pd_dc_017-web.mov

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: