Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Yes, it works sometimes. I remember truce working when we played with Troger and agreed to truce immediately when it was offered by any of us.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Ok, been playing and testing this game and got several error messages until at some point I was no longer able to log into the multiplayer lobby. With the help of Steve McClaire this has now been resolved. It appeared to be related to my password and username, although that was not any problem with PiTF.
Anyway, moving forward with testing now.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:28 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

i agree with pete....more people need to post there issues at matrix right now while there trying to fix the lobby and multi palyer.
there just isnt the feed back there right now and as others, myself included have said..matrix took too long to fix this shit and now i think allot of players have dropped GWTC and moved on, which is really too bad.

i even suggested matrix hit the GWTC lobby sometimes and talk to the players...of course i got no response on that.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:03 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Last night I played a battle against a guy who asked me if I am using a multicore pc. Which I am. He then suggested to reduce the number of cores that the GtC exe would be allowed to use because this would be related the airstrike crash. He said he had not had a crash since he reduced the number of cores from 4 to 3. This is news to me and I have not been able to confirm it yet. Is anyone else here familiar with this workaround solution?
ctrl-alt-delete, go to processes and right click the GtC process, go to 'Affinity' and deselect one or more processors.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:11 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
Last night I played a battle against a guy who asked me if I am using a multicore pc. Which I am. He then suggested to reduce the number of cores that the GtC exe would be allowed to use because this would be related the airstrike crash. He said he had not had a crash since he reduced the number of cores from 4 to 3. This is news to me and I have not been able to confirm it yet. Is anyone else here familiar with this workaround solution?
ctrl-alt-delete, go to processes and right click the GtC process, go to 'Affinity' and deselect one or more processors.

Haven't heard about this! I am not sure why the airstrike crash issue would be related with the nr of cores, since other things work fine. But yeah, I will try playing like that and let's see what happens.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:56 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I've come to the conclusion that Airstrikes in CC are broken, and cause the game to crash at times during the strike and also at the end of the timer.
In my opinion, the best solution is to disable Airstrikes in the editor before starting a battle/campaign.

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I am looking for players with the PC version who want to play a number of test games with me. I got an exe file from Steve McClaire that we need to use during the tests. The exe file will send debugging reports to Steve. In the test games we will try to crash the game. Please note that installing the exe does not allow you to connect to players without it.
If interested drop me a pm.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Just the other week I realized that the multiplayer lobby only seems to be empty because players who are in a game are not displayed! That is not very convenient for several reasons.
This way we don't know how many players are out there. We don't know who is frequently in the lobby. When checking in briefly and nobody else seems to be there we log out again quickly because there does not seem to be a point in waiting.
What we need as a minimum is to see all logged in players with a status behind their names, like "playing", "connecting"  etc. and I could think of other messages as well.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:04 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Good suggestions Pete!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:25 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

That is a good idea.

I usually don't hang around too long when I see no one in the room.
What I also don't know is what happens to my name if I'm off surfing the Net while waiting,Is it still displayed?

I could play Wednesday next week if that helps any?

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:35 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

The problem is that the lobby functionalities are at their lowest. We had asked Matrix to fix and improve the lobby and to bring it to the standards of the 2000s era, albeit no work on that.

Well, most of you already post at the Matrix forums. However, for those who don't, post every possible criticism on their bloody forums, so that they cannot say something like "nobody complained about it, so we didn't bother fixing it" etc. Because that's generlaly what their response is.

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

@Platoon_Michael : We are not in the same time zone and I can only play between 7pm and 11 pm CET. Do you have time then next Wednesday? I was hoping to find someone to test with this weekend.

I think our user names are still displayed when we switch to another application.

I wonder who else on this forum got the exe file from Matrix?

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

2 More suggestions I sent to Steve:
"I would like to have a direct messaging system between logged on users. Also, a permanent list in the lobby that users voluntarily join with the possibility to see each other's time zone, preferences, etc. with the option to send invitations with a time proposal or even the name of a battle and the battle settings.  
I think the series would benefit from some sort of roster in the MP lobby in which players can show when they will be available for games."

About this roster: we don't need Matrix to create such roster. In fact , this could be a useful addition to this forum. What do you guys think?

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:50 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

If you have the ability please push for them to fix the broken issues I posted in the GWTC forum.

It's a real dagger for me to playing this game.

Broken Issues that need fixing

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
2 More suggestions I sent to Steve:
"I would like to have a direct messaging system between logged on users. Also, a permanent list in the lobby that users voluntarily join with the possibility to see each other's time zone, preferences, etc. with the option to send invitations with a time proposal or even the name of a battle and the battle settings.  
I think the series would benefit from some sort of roster in the MP lobby in which players can show when they will be available for games."

About this roster: we don't need Matrix to create such roster. In fact , this could be a useful addition to this forum. What do you guys think?

I don't think a roster would help. When you post to the roster that you're available on a day/time window, how long is that valid for? Look at the Matrix forums now, even CCS forums and tell me if all those people who posted day/time windows are still available? Matrix also has this on thier main webpage within the game pages, also not useful. Maybe a couple people will find it useful, but overall people want to join an active multiplayer lobby to find a game.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
If you have the ability please push for them to fix the broken issues I posted in the GWTC forum.

It's a real dagger for me to playing this game.

Broken Issues that need fixing

So far I have been focusing on MP issues and didnot look at those bugs you reported. Tbh I never noticed them because I don't use those options.
I believe I have as much chance of having them change the known bugs as anyone else...

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):

wow! were there 3 cores PCs when CC4 was out (1999)?
as airstrikes were causing crashes randomly that time already...and we were playing only LAN battles that time...

did he have an idea how to fix GS? Maybe we should reduce RAM to 1gb or somthing?

stiener

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:27 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

i agree with pete's ideas.

anyone heard from Cathartes lately?

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:05 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

stiener wrote (View Post):

i agree with pete's ideas.

anyone heard from Cathartes lately?

I think he's around somewhere.

stiener

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

glad your still alive bro and drinking beer!  Cool

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: