Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:13 pm Post subject: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

Suppose a programmer would be interested in creating a new stratmap editor for LSA, what options should this new tool have in your opinion? What would you like to see added compared to the existing stratmap editor for CC5?

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

A Marquee tool that remembers or calculates my X - Y points for said area.
Or allows me to click and drag said Hotpoints.

Automatically knows places of my hot points for the BG Icon hot points and support Icons with a calculated assessment based on the center area I selected for said Map.NOT having me place those definitions.And display said positioning during the selected area I choose in order to decide if its proper or not.

Color codes each area I've selected during my creation for said strat map so I know which areas have been completed.
The ability to see my Map connections from one town to the next.
The ability to save said strat map regardless of completion.

Counts my map connections so I don't have to.I believe the limit to be set at 64 for the re-releases.
Applies my Exit?Entry VL's to the maps I have chosen to use VIA thumbnail from the BGM's loaded into said program.
Apply the gray shaded outline for deployment during said process for applying said exit/entry VL's to the preview of the BGM's loaded.

Creates the Scenario Editor strat map and the debrief strat map without me having to redo it .

Allows the positioning and moving of the arrows on the strat map.

The ability to change the color of the overlay applied to the strat map.
No MORE Red/Green Overlays.

Give us clear Overlays

Allow me to edit the Debrief strat map to allow a duotone image,not just color code each map controlled.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

Thanks, you wrote that quickly. Been using the editor a lot?

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

I haven't done a strategic map since CCIV.(2006 or 2007 maybe?)
It was a first ever to be created for CCIV Thanks to Mafi's hard work with his RTB Tool.
His new tool allowed the ability to relocate the Diamonds on the Scenario Editor Screen.An option that was missing for CCIV
Thank-You Mafi!

Mine however crashed the game thanks in larger part of having to be the First and my inability to keep images inside the realm of the area needed.
The readme file I created through out the process helped allowed us to have Aetius's create
Kreta for CCIV.
(The first Mod to EVER have a new strategic map for CCIV)
Thank you Aetius!

I haven't done one since because I'm not happy with how it currently works.
Everything has to be a manual input for EVERYTHING needed in order to get a new strategic map implemented.

I have ideas for a new strategic map for WAR just not the desire to manually input every aspect in order for it to work.I'm not sure of the exact count of files that need to be edited but its a lot.
If you want an exact count just extract the ScrnGadg and the Gamegdg and add them up.

Mafi has his BED9 but everything has to be manually input.And the program chugs very slow on my PC despite it being a nice PC.

I'd like to see something streamlined.
I see no need to manually input Every X/Y hotpoint for all the necessary images/Files needed.

The ability to see a shaded overlay for each entry or exit VL would based on the BGM's loaded would be a HUGE ADVANTAGE
With the ability to see a shaded overlay for an Exit/Entry VL would save countless of hours beta testing ones new strategic map.

The ability to edit the Town names within the ScrnGadg while using said program and NOT have to use Photoshop would be a Huge plus as well.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 12 times in total

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

Stratool have an option for export in format .txt a file were put all coordenates for each area XY and all.connectios for each map...to 1 or 21.

After you put all datas on the stratmap.txt and enjoy;)

in a old tool but great for old mooders;)

heia Safari!!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

I have the initial draw up for a new strategic map for WAR just not the desire to do it based on the amount of info needed to be manually input.

If DAK_Legion would care to elaborate on how to use stratedit for WAR I may be interested.
Does it save the ALL!  X/Y for the map overlay and does it also include the X/Y for the BG Icons and support Icons?

Isnt that program MSDos?

PS
I edited my first post multiple times

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 am Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

All my stratmaps are realized with stratool..berlin..okinawa..tarawa..etc

Yes!Stratool save all datas only you must paint a mask for yourstratmap.

The saturday i will make a short guide for all players

heia Safari!!

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 am Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Pete was obviously not asking you guys about this for no reason. I've got a friend who I met when I moved to my current home town who is a programmer. We spoke about the subject of making a LSA stratmap editor. We have planned our first meeting to see what is needed to be done and have a look at Mafi's tools and the original Strateditor. I've also written a SCRUM file that indicates the basics and priorities of the tool and I won't promise anything at this moment. But my goal is to have him design a program that makes modding  LSA, PiTF, GTC and TLD stratmaps a whole lot easier for all the modders around here.

So I will keep you guys updated on this project.

Cheers,

Buck

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 pm Post subject: Re: Creating a new stratmap editor for LSA Reply with quote

That seems like a great tool for modders, nice!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: