Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

I can't find the part where everyone is talking on other forums about the Tiger's 88mm shell bouncing off a M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo armor. If true yeah, the sherman would not survive that unless the round was an HE. HE would have a solid chance of bursting / deflecting without armor penetration on the Jumbo Even more liekly hitting a spare tank part or sandbad kept in the front for extra armor.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Last edited by vobbnobb on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

New trailer out. Lots more action.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Yeap going to have to see this now.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
I can't find the part where everyone is talking on other forums about the Tiger's 88mm shell bouncing off a M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo armor. If true yeah, the sherman would not survive that unless the round was an HE. HE would have a solid chance of bursting / deflecting without armor penetration on the Jumbo Even more liekly hitting a spare tank part or sandbad kept in the front for extra armor.

jumbo was virtually immune to 88 l/56

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Here is #2

Link

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

in trailer there is m4a3 with m1/a1 gun not jumbo and that hit was most likely lethal

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Who thought the movie Stalingrad wasn't that good?

I started watching it on the plane, and i was disappointed. It was very mellow dramatic.
I know civilians probably did live there day to day life with bullets going off near them, but this was just over the top. And how about the part when the Russians were attacking the Germans while on fire.  Literally flaming enemy's. Lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:13 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Respect to the Director...using a real Tiger tank in the movie.

"Tiger 131 was borrowed from the Bovington Tank Museum for the film. It is the first time a genuine Tiger I tank was used in a contemporary war film." - wiki

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:30 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

I'm going tomorrow afternoon to see it.

Anyone here like it?

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

It wasn't too bad, but disappointing.

CC fans will appreciate the historical details and the depiction of armor, especially the vintage Tiger.

However, German soldiers run around like drones, firing MGs on a buttoned tank. There is a dinner scene halfway through that was supposed to aid in character development. Instead, it kills the momentum of the plot. And the whole Audi Murphy (sp?) rip-off thing at the end with Pitt manning the 50 cal was a little much.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Oh my, just saw this. Probably the worst war film I have ever seen.
I hated all about the crew, bunch of redneck American cowboys.
In that last confrontation with the broken tank, they should have made it blow in five minutes and be done with the movie, I don't even know why I kept watching.

First time we see the advancing Germans, 2 out of each 10 have Panzerfausts. They never use them.
The next time the fausts are introduced, there are like two boxes with 4 in each, but they only use 2 of them against the tank.
I thought it was cute how the Germans stopped the attack to let the crew mourn the dead guy.  Rolling Eyes

Who reads this scripts and goes "Yeah, this will be a great movie, let's do it"?

A shame they didn't use the tiger more, they should have made the final confrontation against the Tiger and the Tiger should have blown each Sherman into pieces. Roll credits.

I understand Germans don't like to promote Nazism, but if I was a German I would be really upset to see my countrymen portrayed as such lame soldiers that can't even bypass a tank. No! Better attack with fucking spades! That should do it!
If I was from the US I would probably be upset with the portrayal of the tank crew too.

End of rant.  Laughing

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Fury was good but with a couple of Hollywood flaws. One, when they had buttoned down the tank awaiting the SS. They had gotten themselves prepared but left the extra ammo on the back of the tank. The other, at the end, the new guy emerges from under the tank and a path has been cleared on the road of all the dead Germans - who did that or did they avoid dying on the road. Still it's good to get a reasonable new movie again.

Also can anyone remember the name of a Russian made movie about a peasant boy who joins the Soviet Army pos 43 or 44. It details his experience of WW2. Shot in black and white. Another movie is one about partisans fighting in the Eastern forests after WW2 - again from memory in black and white. Both movies were made in the 1960's i think.

Cheers

ps. Watched Play Dirty - Nth Africa Campaign and not bad either.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:08 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

@sod98  
The Russian movies you are asking are "Idi Smotri" (Come and See) and "Ivanovo Detstvo" (Ivan's Childhood). I haven't watched them yet so cannot say if they are good, but they are supposed to be quite decent.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:41 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Who reads this scripts and goes "Yeah, this will be a great movie, let's do it"?

Prob same idiots who destroyed 90% of movies ever made with their 'made for the masses' bs... ;)

Off topic I know but look at the walking dead for example, a laughably bad script full of absurdly idiocies and lame contrivances... yet incredibly popular! Somehow this pos gets 8.7 on imdb.com! WTF? Putting it at #100 in the ranking of top TV series of all time... simply shameful. I truly don't like to say this but it's hard not to think there's a lot of very stupid people out there. Don't get me wrong, I've watched and enjoyed the series as I scream "rick you dick" 10 times an episode on average and hate on his douchebag of a son, take that stupid f-ing hat off you lame tool, and no you really can't score perfect HS 15 times from one 7 round clip you little prick! ... that kind of thing. But seriously, who in their right mind rates this garbage 8.7/10... most people it seems! Scary scary thought. Wayyy off topic I know. /rant.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

I recently watched "The Big Red One". It was not the best wwii movie with equipment details and special effects, though events and character depictions and relations between characters felt pretty realistic. I think because, it was based on Samuel Fuller's novel, who was a wwii veteran himself...

Yeah, I felt same, too, that whatever the tank crew is going through, the most important thing is Bradd Pitt's hair is well greased, combed and shiny... Smile
I almost thougt he is using the grease from tank...(historical realism  Twisted Evil )... I agree the frontal hit, could not be bearable. Maybe, it would be more interesting, they had started with one tank, it got blown off, then only survivor was brad, and he was assigned back to duty with all brand new rookie crew, at first they hate him, then they form a good comradeship..:)

Of course, special effects are awesome, moving tracer rounds etc. but still find movies from 60s and 70s are the best...
Besides, I agree, it seems pretty rare, the tank crew is all veteran and brad says they are fighting their way since north africa... There would possibly be more replacements.

Lastly, the scene where they are waiting outnumbered for the advancing germans reminds me of saving private ryan.

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:03 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
@sod98  
The Russian movies you are asking are "Idi Smotri" (Come and See) and "Ivanovo Detstvo" (Ivan's Childhood). I haven't watched them yet so cannot say if they are good, but they are supposed to be quite decent.

Not those two movies. Although they are both good movies and thanks. Both movies I'm after were filmed in black and white and of 1960's origin maybe earlier.

The one of the Russian peasant boy joining the red Army showed lots of action, soldiers riding T34 across streams and lead up battlefields.

The other movie I think was possibly set in a Baltic country Post WW2 and may have been English and at a very long push American. I think the combatants were ex German Army - Latvians, Estonians etc. Or even East German - too long ago.

Cheers

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

mikwarleo wrote (View Post):

Prob same idiots who destroyed 90% of movies ever made with their 'made for the masses' bs... ;)

Off topic I know but look at the walking dead for example, a laughably bad script full of absurdly idiocies and lame contrivances... yet incredibly popular! Somehow this pos gets 8.7 on imdb.com! WTF? Putting it at #100 in the ranking of top TV series of all time... simply shameful. I truly don't like to say this but it's hard not to think there's a lot of very stupid people out there. Don't get me wrong, I've watched and enjoyed the series as I scream "rick you dick" 10 times an episode on average and hate on his douchebag of a son, take that stupid f-ing hat off you lame tool, and no you really can't score perfect HS 15 times from one 7 round clip you little prick! ... that kind of thing. But seriously, who in their right mind rates this garbage 8.7/10... most people it seems! Scary scary thought. Wayyy off topic I know. /rant.

Yeah, Walking Dead does not deserve anything higher than 8.0 on IMDB. However I cannot deny that the show has some sort of an addictive quality, at least that's the case for me.

One thing which really annoys me about the series is that you can die by a zombie bite due to infection, and yet everyone walks around in shorts and tshirts. The first thing any sane person with some relatively safe accommodation would do is to make some sort of bite- and scratch-proof body armor. A chain mail or a brigandine type of thing combined with an axe or sword makes you literally bad-ass against zombies.  Drop the guns and go medieval you idiots!! Very Happy

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

saw Fury today pretty average Hollywood film can't see why the high ratings 8/10
6/10 best for me

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:24 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

go medieval you idiots!! Very Happy

lol yes!

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

Last edited by mikwarleo on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:01 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Saw Fury finally. Ton of suspense, pretty good.

SPOILER DONT READ BELOW!
Below as to not spoil it for someone else, who hasn't seen it.

Hidden: 

I give it 9/10 stars

Movie was above average I would go so far to say it was on the same playing field as saving private ryan.

Visuals and shells were really good! Especially the tigers.

Was nice to see the shermans insides as well as other allied and axis equipment

Ok so was it possible to take on 300 German troops with 1 tank? I think it would be, especially if the fighters were low end volks front. But the TC says they are SS troops. Maybe assistant gunner was wrong and there were less.

The ending seemed alittle bogus all those boxes of panzerfausts and only 1 hit? The tank was in smoke cover and it was even night out, with
only a house fire lit to glow things. The tank would have been completely toasted by panzerfausts.

They did a good job of showing the volks fighters with the elerly and kids fighting.

I saw the STG-44 more than any other gun it seemed.

Another thing I didn't understand is how they un hitched the 30cal coax and put it in bow for the out of ammo one?

Tiger tank rounds seemed small after hitting a sherman.

Never understood how gunner was getting constant kills with Smoke rounds?

Liked seeing the different Sherman and barrels being used.

Wouldn't a veteran tank crew want a different tank though? They had better stuff by now..

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: