Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Range10

Rep: 1.4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:38 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Wasn't Tiger 131 the tank Churchill sent the SAS or the like to go capture?

And the Germans tried hard to destroy it so that the Brits could not do a complete assessment.

(Also, vobbnobb, how do you post 2 days into the future? Today is the 9th of December and your post says the 11th. That's pretty cool.)

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:27 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Pre-Ordered Fury on Blu-Ray...I had some reward points from BestBuy cost me nothing. It's been a long time since a decent WW2 film was made, had to get this.

Walking Dead is nothing to take seriously.  Just kind of a "what if" type show, it does get stupid at times.  The thing I like about Walking Dead is that is simulates what life would be like in apocoloptic world.  Zombies?  No.  But Nuclear Winter, Global Warming, unstoppable virus/bacterial outbreak, mega-earthquake, or some other disaster can create the type of conditions shown in Walking Dead minus the Zombies.   It's the acting (some) and cast that makes Walking Dead a success.  

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
mikwarleo wrote (View Post):
Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Who reads this scripts and goes "Yeah, this will be a great movie, let's do it"?

Prob same idiots who destroyed 90% of movies ever made with their 'made for the masses' bs... ;)

Off topic I know but look at the walking dead for example, a laughably bad script full of absurdly idiocies and lame contrivances... yet incredibly popular! Somehow this pos gets 8.7 on imdb.com! WTF? Putting it at #100 in the ranking of top TV series of all time... simply shameful. I truly don't like to say this but it's hard not to think there's a lot of very stupid people out there. Don't get me wrong, I've watched and enjoyed the series as I scream "rick you dick" 10 times an episode on average and hate on his douchebag of a son, take that stupid f-ing hat off you lame tool, and no you really can't score perfect HS 15 times from one 7 round clip you little prick! ... that kind of thing. But seriously, who in their right mind rates this garbage 8.7/10... most people it seems! Scary scary thought. Wayyy off topic I know. /rant.

Yeah, Walking Dead does not deserve anything higher than 8.0 on IMDB. However I cannot deny that the show has some sort of an addictive quality, at least that's the case for me.

One thing which really annoys me about the series is that you can die by a zombie bite due to infection, and yet everyone walks around in shorts and tshirts. The first thing any sane person with some relatively safe accommodation would do is to make some sort of bite- and scratch-proof body armor. A chain mail or a brigandine type of thing combined with an axe or sword makes you literally bad-ass against zombies.  Drop the guns and go medieval you idiots!! Very Happy

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:28 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Pre-Ordered Fury on Blu-Ray...I had some reward points from BestBuy cost me nothing. It's been a long time since a decent WW2 film was made, had to get this.

Walking Dead is nothing to take seriously.  Just kind of a "what if" type show, it does get stupid at times.  The thing I like about Walking Dead is that is simulates what life would be like in apocoloptic world.  Zombies?  No.  But Nuclear Winter, Global Warming, unstoppable virus/bacterial outbreak, mega-earthquake, or some other disaster can create the type of conditions shown in Walking Dead minus the Zombies.   It's the acting (some) and cast that makes Walking Dead a success.  

True. It is interesting to see what would happen if the humankind had to revert to "survival of the fittest" life-style.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:45 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Well, I have finally had the chance to see Fury. I have learned very precious tactics and tips from this movie. You should all follow these in your CC battles as well:

1) As a tank commander, you should always keep the hatch open. Even under enemy MG and sniper fire, keeping the hatch open and looking cool as a commander boosts up your fellow troopers' morale a lot. And if you are lucky and have a pretty face such as Brad Pitt, the enemy may even try not to shoot you in the face Wink .

2) If you have 4 tanks and the enemy has 1 tank, approach the enemy just by rolling straight ahead. You should consider a flanking maneuver only if you lose half of your tanks.

3) If you are a German commander and your order is to attack a town which is a supply depot of the US troops, postpone that. It will have to wait, because you have a damn Sherman blocking your precious road.

You need to wage *TOTAL WAR* on this immobile tank which stands on your way. Do not consider making a detour! Do not even try to circumvent it, the f*cker is not supposed to be there in the first place anyway. After all, *DAS IST EUER LAND* and you need to take it out even if takes for you to lose half of your battalion in the process!

4) When you attack the tank, try to soften it up first with MG fire and then do a human wave attack. You should consider the possibility of using Panzerfausts only after you lose 50% of your troops.

Also, try not to shoot the guy on the roof manning that 50 cal. After all, who does not like the sound of a 50 cal? Let it sing its song for a while.

So to summarize, I really feel sorry for the people who wrote this piece of garbage. It is without any doubt one of the worst war movies ever. Apart from the stupid things I mentioned above, nothing makes sense. There is no proper plot, characters don't have substance, no proper background stories. You don't care about anyone and anything while watching the movie. Who would write such bullshit?

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:44 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Thank you Crackwise!

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

I heard it was actually an antiwar movie. So that might have something to do with how it turned out.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Range10

Rep: 1.4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Thanks again, Crackwise. Sarcasm appreciated.

But one of your critiques is ironically close to reality.

"2) If you have 4 tanks and the enemy has 1 tank, approach the enemy just by rolling straight ahead. You should consider a flanking maneuver only if you lose half of your tanks."

Unfortunately, there were a lot of commanders who did just this. Many of the battles in Operation Goodwood show this cavalry charge mentality.

And the AI in GTC is not much better.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

lol @ crackwise

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Someone should have bought the writer a copy of CC... that way he could practise and know that the german SS battalion could encircle FURY with their panzer fausts instead of run at the bow MG like Leemings

In retrospect I don't think the North Koreans hacked Sony, I think it was the Germans, pissed off by being made to look like tactical retards on the big screen

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Good job there are films being made outside Hollywood  Very Happy  
Just watched Arn: The Knight Templar  such a good film a solid 8/10

Re southern land - (In retrospect I don't think the North Koreans hacked Sony, I think it was the Germans, pissed off by being made to look like tactical retards on the big screen)
Reminds me when i first played CC3, didnt know what the fuck to do against big heavy Russian tanks apart kill all my troops Confused

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:50 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

It wasnt the Germans who Hacked Sony.

It was all the Kids playing Minecraft on Level 420

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Fury was a pretty lousy movie.  Terrible acting, terrible plot.  I'm not sure what it was trying to be.  Typical junk you see from Hollywood.  

If you want to see a good WW2 flick, check out Generation War.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Badassery

Fury Tiger Scene HD

http://youtu.be/g6VIfz_tZEI

“If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.”
-Heinz Guderian

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:20 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

I dont recall hearing any one saying "Son of a Bitch" in this movie. And the rules state clearly, all good movies MUST contain at least 1 "Son of a Bitch"....
Son of a Bitch

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Quote:
2) If you have 4 tanks and the enemy has 1 tank, approach the enemy just by rolling straight ahead. You should consider a flanking maneuver only if you lose half of your tanks.

actually watching Brake's clip again - http://youtu.be/g6VIfz_tZEI it is clear that Pitt commands 76mm Sherman to go to the right flank while he and 75mm Sherman approach on left flank. And if you look at Tiger, its gun is aligned very much to the left when it was shooting Peterson. So they did all in a good way but somehow the director didn't show it right.
Same as with attack on a field with infantry - it should be around 700m between tanks and forest where Paks were but again the director shot it like it was 200m making it kind of stupid.

pressed a pause in the end and tried to count bodies - approximately 90-100 around Fury - one of the bloodies movie ever (probably only second to Rambo 4) Smile.

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Filmmakers and game designers both agree on one thing. Depicting close range combat is more dramatic and exciting than long range combat.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Filmmakers and game designers both agree on one thing. Depicting close range combat is more dramatic and exciting than long range combat.

Excepting ICBM's with nuclear warheads.

This movie is not for moi. I couldn't make it through the trailers.

Brad Pitt probably needs to go back to togas and Jen.

US_Brake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:17 pm Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Full Fury Soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFBtXwQkQGi3UYo1LXLMsNRjHxlJY9AeQ

Tracklist

1. April, 1945 (4:15)
2. The War Is Not Over (1:48 )
3. Fury Drives Into Camp (1:51 )
4. Refugees (2:42 )
5. Ambush (2:07 )
6. The Beetfield (7:59 )
7. Airfight (3:05 )
8. The Town Square (2:18 )
9. The Apartment ( :59 )
10. Emma ( 2:36 )
11. Tiger Battle (6:18 )
12. On The Lookout (3:04 )
13. This Is My Home (3:43 )
14. Machine (3:22 )
15. Crossroads (8:06 )
16. Still In This Fight (3:39 )
17. I’m Scared Too (3:46 )
18. Wardaddy (2:39 )
19. Norman (2:51 )

Behind the Score with Composer Steven Price

http://youtu.be/LytmHTAKjCg

furysoundtrack.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.73 KB
 Viewed:  12682 Time(s)

furysoundtrack.jpg

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:15 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

Well guys here is the full scene where they are up against a PAK AT gun.

You can pick out some strategic battle errors here, there are some. Neat scene BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlE3Gy8gp8

Also the green tracers? Did Germans have them in 45' and why the use?  No comments about it on youtube comment box

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:51 am Post subject: Re: Fury Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
Well guys here is the full scene where they are up against a PAK AT gun.
You can pick out some strategic battle errors here, there are some. Neat scene BTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlE3Gy8gp8
Also the green tracers? Did Germans have them in 45' and why the use?  No comments about it on youtube comment box

Good one Vonbbnobb, proving my post
Quote:
Same as with attack on a field with infantry - it should be around 700m between tanks and forest where Paks were but again the director shot it like it was 200m making it kind of stupid.

If I hear the ATG commander right he said "Tausend meter, feuer". So the distance was 1000m and at such a range PAK40 did really have problems penetrating M4A3 glasic.

The more I watch the movie the more I like it Smile.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: