Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:52 am Post subject: m14 sounds for CC Reply with quote

I had really enjoyed CC3 vietnam and now together with Bel's Shau Valley Mod, enjoying both... I really like M14, which was the last "Battle Rifle" of the U.S., too. I am planning to make a custom sound mod. I want to simulate 3 round burst of semi-auto M14. I found a nice video on youtube. [youtube]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz5Zz1N3j3o[/youtube]
It also features nice clicking sound, while cocking.
My Questions:
1) Would it be possible to add a sound during "reloading" of rifle ?
2) Which tools to use for editing sound CC3 and/or CCGTC?
3) How could I add rifle to GTC?

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:12 am Post subject: Re: m14 sounds for CC Reply with quote

Of what I know, you can't add a sound for the reloading or changing of magazines in the game. You only get the sound that is played when a weapon is fired. You could include the reloading sound in the sound file where he shoots, but then it would sound like he reloads the weapon every three shots, which would sound sort of odd.

I recommend using Audacity because it's free and easy to use when you want to edit sounds, and SFXpack for unpacking and repacking the "Sound.sfx" file used in the game.

You should use the workbook for GTC to edit the weapon files, since it contains all information about the structure of the data files in the game.

I don't have GTC but I think the weapon files are editable in the same way as TLD, so the easiest way to add a weapon is to copy and paste the line from a similar weapon in the "Weapons.txt" file to the bottom of the list in the file and then renaming it, adding a new icon and adding a new sound to it and editing the magazine capacity, shots fired per bursts and maybe ranges, accuracy and kill rating. Depending on how similar the new weapon is to the one you copy the data from you may not need to edit the range, accuracy and kill rating.
Also remember that when you add a new weapon to "Weapons.txt" you need to change the line of numbers at the top, for example if it says "94" and you add a new weapon, then you need to edit it to "95" since that is the total number of weapons used in the game.

When you've added the weapon, you need to assign it to a soldier in the "Soldiers.txt" file.
You can copy a line from a line with a similar weapon here as well, and paste it to the bottom of the list.
Then you edit the Weapon number for that soldier, to the one assigned to the weapon in "Weapons.txt". Since the last weapon of a file with "95" in the top, would be number 94, you change the weapon number in "Soldiers.txt" to "94".
If you added the new line to the bottom of the "Soldiers.txt" then you need to change the line of numbers at the top, just in the same way as in "Weapons.txt".

Depending on the number of rounds you want the soldier to carry you change the line "Primary AP" to the numbers of magazines that would contain that amount of ammo. So if the magazine capacity of the M14 is 20 rounds, and you want the soldier to carry 160 rounds you change the "Primary AP" to 8, giving him 8 magazines with 20 rounds each.

After that you need to assign the weapon to soldiers in the battlegroup, I'm not sure how the battlegroup system works in GTC, but I think there should be a line in the file "AxsTeams.txt" and "AlsTeams.txt"  that says "Soldier List 0 - 9", 0 being the first soldier in the squad, usually the leader. This is the number of the soldier from "Soldiers.txt", so if your "Soldiers.txt" file has 60 as its top number and a total of 59 soldiers, the newly added one being number 59 then you add 59 to the line "Soldier list x" where you want a soldier with an M14.

Hope this helps, and that my English is coherent enough.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:30 am Post subject: Re: m14 sounds for CC Reply with quote

Yeah, I have Audacity on my linux boot, and agree it is nice and free. Adding Reloading sound would be on my wishlist for the upcoming title Bloody First. Thanks  a lot for the detailed explanation DoktorPaj. Your English is perfect, no worries, have a nice day...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: