Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Range10

Rep: 1.4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:32 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

This GTC 'bug' may have been addressed already (and if so, please tell where the fix resides), but using the shift key to map out multiple way points for a single unit results in other, unrelated units, making the same moves.

Very problematic when the 'tag along' unit walks right out into a 'kill zone.'

I'm sure the problem is me, but if anyone has seen this before (or better, knows how to prevent it), I would love to learn about it.

Thanks.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:10 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

6 months and counting for a patch to fix the very things that are CC.
Even one of the Beta testers says he isnt interested in the fix because he doesn't use them.

WoW!

If you read PipFromSlitherine's post here he states that he's finally interested in the Bugs that cause the game to crash since CCV but yet he's unable to provide you with a link to said thread for the update.

If you read the Forums on the Steam web site he tires to defend the differences in the CC games Matrix makes but yet cant really answer anything because "HE DOESN'T PLAY THE GAMES"

least we forget that EVERY MEMBER at STEAM wants the game cheaper but yet Matrix is too STUPID to put it on sale for the Christmas Holiday.

Way to go Team!
Way to build a community.
Way to build a fan base.

Way to go!

But OH Golly GEE I just cant wait for the New Engine for CC.
Which by the way looks just like Gateway to Caen.

Things are gonna be different then!
We wont have to worry about the OLD CC Code anymore.

We don't have to worry that the OLD/USED/INEXPERIENCED/PART TIME people still making the game creating mistakes with the NEW Engine!
You know.....The ones who created the current CC games your playing.

OH BOY!,There's just LOTS! of confidence brewing within me.

Face it!
Those guys are the equivalent of a Bald,Lying, Bad Breath ,Push the sell,Polyester ....... Used Car Salesman.

The one EVERYONE can picture.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:31 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Well, that pretty much summarizes my emotions towards Matrix there.

I also think that the real problem is not the old *impenetrable* code. It is the management style and the lack of consistency that kills this game. Having no clue how the game is supposed to be played by the developers is also a big plus of course.

It would have been much better if they just listen to people over here at CCS and do not make up unnecessary features from their arse while breaking the good existing stuff. But I guess they are making good money as it is, since they are not changing their mentality.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:36 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

With that said, I seriously believe that CC needs to be developed by other people.  It needs to be acquired by some more competent company, with a more ethical approach.

Even making a similar open-source community game would be better than this mess they have currently. I just wish the source code of some very old CC games would be accessible. Like CC1 or CC2, so that the coders would have a chance to see how things work in the engine.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:49 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
With that said, I seriously believe that CC needs to be developed by other people.  It needs to be acquired by some more competent company, with a more ethical approach.

Even making a similar open-source community game would be better than this mess they have currently. I just wish the source code of some very old CC games would be accessible. Like CC1 or CC2, so that the coders would have a chance to see how things work in the engine.

Haven't read this whole thread but agree with above entirely. They've wasted a golden opportunity and I wasted my money paying top dollar for two of the new releases that fall well short of the originals... I've played them only a handful of times.

I would have preferred to pay that money just for a bug free updated version of cc5... One that allows for easy portability of mods etc. I think most of us would. Some might think this is going too far, but personally I think they're jerks and will applaud the day that they're out of the picture.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:41 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I wish Microsoft had continued to develop Close Combat... I think Battlefield, Call of Duty are overrrated, it is nothing but rushing everywhere, no tactics, no strategy, you just get dizzy after playing 1 hour... I do not know what you think but, I experienced many times that Close Combat has enabled me to develop better problem solving and analysis abilities...

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Microsoft had the resources ($) to make the core of the game and would have allowed it to progress farther. But unfortunately the market for a simulator is small and MS went on to invest in HALO and XBOX as there was more money in action games.

Close Combat is a game but one that tries to be  more of a simulator. As shown by both the British (Close Combat: RAF Regiment) and US (Close Combat: Marines) using the game as a training tool.

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Microsoft had the resources ($) to make the core of the game and would have allowed it to progress farther. But unfortunately the market for a simulator is small and MS went on to invest in HALO and XBOX as there was more money in action games.

Close Combat is a game but one that tries to be  more of a simulator. As shown by both the British (Close Combat: RAF Regiment) and US (Close Combat: Marines) using the game as a training tool.

Yeah, I thoroughly agree... It is real deal, I remember many times how my blood pressure rised and my heart beat faster while playing. Considering new generation is just interested in taking selfies and their meaningless social media craziness instagram, they are only after 3D games and FPS. it is comprehensible that they would not be fond of that kind of game.

After reading the story of these guys
http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/1/29/3916154/turn-by-turn-battlefront-combat-mission

and checking out their recent game:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=335&Itemid=579

I hope slitherine cooperates with them...

Troger

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:27 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

The Combat Mission games are great, but much more of a combat "simulator" than Close Combat ever was (saying that because some of those Slitherine people think Close Combat is some hardcore, realistic combat simulator--which is laughable).  The other problem with the Combat Mission games are that they hard to play in real-time.  There is just too much going on, graphically it's a lot of take in and process in real-time (hence why they were originally turn-based only).  

I think Men of War: Assault Squad is the closest thing to a 3d Close Combat.  It's more gamey, but with some alterations could easily be the "3d Close Combat".

I'm younger and am still in the camp that think this game doesn't even need to go to 3d, 2d works fine so as long as the game is refined and there are gameplay features added.

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Sorry Troger, no offense...:)

Yeah, of course 3D is not a necessity for CC. But it would be an option to make it reach more people. And yes, there are still many other game options to integrate into, maybe I am dreaming but:
1) Real flying helicopters ability for modding, and of course new move commands like "hover over the area", "fly low".
2) Medical units or vehicles, that could treat unconcious soldiers (orange heads), so that they could be available in the next or next but one battle  as wounded (yellow). (For example, Medical teams and vehicles were very sweet and exciting in Bel's Shau Valley Mod.)
3) Cornering Vehicles (not just stopping and rotating themselves). This even does not require new graphic tiles. In kinematics it could be simulated by a combined two dimensional translation and a rotation about vehicle's center of mass.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Meanwhile, Cathartes and I have been testing for bugs. Found a number but they are not consistent. What we did NOT experience were crashes due to 00:00 ending or clicking "Truce". If anyone can say under what specific conditions these bugs occur we can try reciprocate them.
As the time difference (9hrs) is a limiting factor I would like to playtest with other players too. Let me know if you are interested.
Also, if would like us to test something in particular let us know.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: