Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:12 am Post subject: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

I play a "new" game. It is an addon to the Blitzkrieg game from 2001 called Mission Kursk.

It has everything that Close Combat never had....

Vehicles and soldiers are scaled correctly , terrain and buildings get destroyed , you have air support that can be shoot down , no vehicles get stuck in walls or hedges , just simply runs it down. The vehicle pathing works perfect, you can move guns and soldiers, build barbwire and trenches it is perfect to the last detail!

There are tons of mods and maps for it!  Wink

Seems like Matrix games studied this game because it has even running girls!

If you ever come close to make a new CC in 3D like this one (13 years later) there is a very tiny chance i will buy it muhahaha!

Mats

Image1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  161.71 KB
 Viewed:  378 Time(s)

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  309.56 KB
 Viewed:  401 Time(s)

Image2.jpg

ryssen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  309.41 KB
 Viewed:  356 Time(s)

ryssen.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:36 am Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Have the mods made it so there can be 1 shot kills (as I notice the tanks have what looks like a health bar)?

Looks very good though!

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

I prefer the Men of War series for a 3D Close Combat.  Very Happy

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Yeah, MOW is very addictive, plus tons of mods. A new game has been released with the same engine as the MOW one. It's called Battle of Empires 1914-1918 still in early access for Steam, with only the French campaign. Is going to have a Russian, German and British campaign.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:19 am Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Looks 2D.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:58 am Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

I owned all Blitzkriegs except the Green Devils. Mission Kursk is good but found one other better, that being Stalingrad.

Still for me it's Close Combat - less crowded battlefields and far better AI from the soldiers. Still Blitzkrieg is a still game franchise. Some single missions on Company of Hero's isn't too bad either.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Company of Heroes is sort of arcade, and isn't really a strategy game. Graphics are ok though

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:31 am Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

I found CoH fun for a while but it got too frantic sometimes. Too much overclicking in some scenarios. I've never tried Blitzkrieg I might give it a  go this holidays, thanks Sapa.

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:49 am Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Company of Heroes is sort of arcade, and isn't really a strategy game. Graphics are ok though

At least with CoH the destroyed tanks etc stay on the battlefield where as in Blitzkrieg the disappear after a fashion. All the soldiers display the same AI - mindlessly walk, run or crawl straight into the enemy while being shot at. Easy prediction of where aircraft drop their bombs and quick enough you can save your best equipment. Enemy artillery fire is shown on the mini map. Really Blitzkrieg is the more arcade. Unless easy games is what you are after with little or no challenge as most maps are very much alike with the exception of Stalingrad that was an Independently produced game.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

..and my favourite is "Talvisota" Yes its  the Winter War....

You have much to learn....Matrix! Very Happy

Talvisota_game_Finnish_DVD_front_cover.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.12 KB
 Viewed:  334 Time(s)

Talvisota_game_Finnish_DVD_front_cover.jpg

2007_Talvisota_Icy_Hell.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  297.46 KB
 Viewed:  439 Time(s)

2007_Talvisota_Icy_Hell.jpg

talvisota_arv_3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.88 KB
 Viewed:  348 Time(s)

talvisota_arv_3.jpg

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:28 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

sod98 wrote (View Post):
Really Blitzkrieg is the more arcade. Unless easy games is what you are after with little or no challenge ....

Easy games can be a fun passtime as long as you understand that they are "arcade" or "beer and pretzel" games. It's when they are sold as more realistic simulators that bugs me - damn marketing depatment!

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
Looks 2D.

Have you tried it? It has great graphics. Even though it has had the same engine for the past 7 years, it's still a great game.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
Looks 2D.

Have you tried it? It has great graphics. Even though it has had the same engine for the past 7 years, it's still a great game.

Yea, i played it a way back. Quite liked it. Way better than alot of other WW2 games.
I think Sapa is trying to make some sort of point with this thread.

I think the graphics look great. You don't want to get me started about the 3D graphics. This new 3D graphics for Close Combat is a cop out for lack of innovations. And quite frankly it seems pretty obvious to me, that making the game in 3D will hamper flexibility.
I don't know, im not a expert. I just thought 2D would be easier to work with.

Looks better 2........

Looks at commandos, mixes 2D with 3D. Looks beautiful. Does this game do that?  

First off. If we can only have 15-30 teams, can we at least call in off map troops to join the battle, so bodies keep piling up!
The only thing Close Combat has going for it is the realistic soldier behavior and tactics ect.
Unfortunately with the above game, all soldiers are fearless robots, Red alert style.  Still had some strategy. But not realistic.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

Do you guys play Combat Mission?

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:45 pm Post subject: Re: Im playing a "new" game.. Reply with quote

I haven't.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: