Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Come back when you can read an understand English,
FirefoxII-The "I cant read or understand English but still participate in it" sequal.

Then maybe you can make a reasonable post explaining Your decision as to why.
Rather than your ADHD look for something else to say posts.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

I dont' release my mods (are you trolling me)? I dont' allow people to download them and modify them?

Anyway, for the last time: I agree with PJ point of view? Absolutely not. I will respect his point of view? Absolutely yes (because the mod it's his mod, not mine).

Come back when you can reply in italian or french.

Drizzt

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

@ Drizzt:

I do not remember exactly the reason why pzjager left the community. Does he not want his stuff to be hosted on CCS? Will you perhaps host it at a different place then? Better to host it somewhere than keeping it unpublished.

Or pzjager doesn't want anyone else to tweak his mods? In that case why did you port it then?

Of course you are free to do however you please. But I just do not get the point of not making something public which was already public at the first place...  I think publishing the mod is the right thing to do here, and if pzjager didn't want it to be hosted at CCS, then you can surely upload it somewhere else, right?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

What exactly is PJ's point of view?
What exactly is it your holding on to for him?

Can someone here translate that to Italian or french.So that Drizzt can possibly participate?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Wasn't his biggest Beef people hosting and Modifying his Mod...... his demise to leaving CC.

The very thing your doing

And wasn't his motive to show what he can do and not share it with us......

Just like you?

THAT'S WHAT YOUR SUPPORTING?

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

to Crackwise: both true. It' funny because, if I remeber well, one year ago or so it's Michael that has remembered to me PJ point of view about modding his mods (then, one year ago, I has searched his posts to have a confirm). I had already begun to porting it and I have finished it.

Drizzt

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
to Michael: All people here know that I had worked on it (public posts about it). I'm sure Johnsilver has named it (Der Kessel) to have information. A honest reply he has received. It's not a public discussion about this argument. I'm free to speak, I think: wish what you want/prefer.

Drizzt

Hi Drizzt,

I did remember from way back that you had started work on DK, but thought you ceased work on that mod's conversion and didn't finish work on it by the time touch got in touch with PJ. Not my intention to start this big deal here.

FWIW.. You put in all the work (conversion) single handedly on the DK  mod from CC5 to TLD/WAR. It's entirely up to YOU what/when/if it's to be released, just like was my fault for reminding folks here that you ever began the conversion in the beginning.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

So Drizzt does exactly what jager didn't want.
Posts his results.But feels remorese for what he did.
Feels compelled to tell the CC Community that SOK has indeed been converted to the re-releases.

And then tells the community ....."You Cant Have it"

jager did all the work for SOK.
jager made his work available on the internet.
Jager then afterwards decided He controlled how the Internet shared the very files he uploaded (Despite CC being a game that isn't allowed to be Modded based Atomic's feeling at the time)

Maybe,Just Maybe Jager is Drizzt
Hoping for better results than the last time.......But yet still falling under that very same path.....

Its Mine,you cant have it.......
Unless I say so.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Regardless of the point of view you take in this conversation.

One thing remains......

One man here is shallow,arrogant and ,narrow minded.
and its not the one who spoke up against him.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

It was a pleasure. Not all people can be so unselfish, peaceful and open-minded like you. Your posts speak for yourself. I'm in this thread to mod stalingrad, my friend. Move on, now.

Drizzt

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

To me, This is the most bitter topic of CC together with the missing game engine improvements and features since CC5. From an Objective point of View just my sincere Thoughts:

Hosting of mods: I would say, modder has the copyright to decide where his mod gets published. But what I do not understand is: why would a modder not want his mod here, if he really wants it to reach fellow gamers? CC Site is not making million dollars after all through hosting it and the name of modders appears in download section and the full credit is given.

Atomic games against modding: You have to basically have original CD to play mods, so we pay them. We could fine tune our own car.

Modding of mods: If the full credit is again given to the original modder (and the modifier should accept it as prerequisite) and the new modifications bring further improvements to the mod that can be denied by no one, why would be the original modder against it?. (I personally would like to port JustCause to TLD with Full Credit to Nembo).

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:45 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Doing mods of mods can be a problem especially if the update is released as a full mod (all files).

What was the original mod makers goal/intention and do the new changes align with those goals?
When there is an issue/problem which mod maker(s) gets painted with a black brush for a buggy release?
Will both versions continue to be available? CCS has limited storage and download bandwidth as do players (though with bigger hard drives now this is becoming less of an issue).
For H2H play it will splinter the CC players even more.

Back on topic...

Manio would like any of the newer features in TLD/WAR used?

- Night?
- Support on all maps? already discussed with the answer yes.
- BG retreat instead of disband?
- BG disbanded return? If yes how quickly and from where?
- etc.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:20 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

- Night?
- etc.

I let to Drizzt and the community the choice of the new features as I'm also back in modding with Angriff after my "escapade" by Matrix. A good news never comes alone! ;)

Tejszd : it's Manoi not Manio... Wink

Last edited by Manoi on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Quote:
Back on topic...

- Night?
- etc.

I guess you should ask Drizzt these questions and not Manoi Wink

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:05 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

It's not identical to original mod...can be released giving the credits/thanks for your efforts in the CC5 DK.

this community must be play;)

heia Safari!!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:45 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

To Ke mechial: If you have already read my posts, I think you have realized that we (me and you) have the same point of view. In a certain sense, like in Voltaire adage, I’m only defending something that I don’t agree. The fact is that I have been repeatedly insulted for my sense of respect about other modders work (of course not by you) : “selfish, unable to read English, affected by ADHD disease, a taunter against CC community, again selfish and a person that don’t want release his mods, a layer about my identity (so a big layer), shallow, arrogant, narrow minded”. Moreover and more important, my intentions have been twisted in a troll way (I will not forget these).
There is not more to say, I think.

To Tejzd:
- yes, night battles (I think it’s realistic, only the first day will be without them. And the first day will be 13, the last 7: 25 days)
- 3 turns per day
- BGs can retreat
- BGs can return. From where: this mod has a peculiar stratmap (peculiar in a neutral/positive way: I don't mean weird). In this particular case I don’t think to set special entry (there are limitations for the return of Bgs as you know) so, very probably Bgs will return from every possible big depot, but I will study better this thing later.

To Manoi: a very good news that you work again on Angriff! Ok about the beta.

To Dima: In the first post of this thread there is a question about reinforcements system. Can you give me a suggestion about it? I'm particularly interested to the forces proportions in this timeline of the battle.
Moreover, let me know if you or Manoi have some suggestions about where to place some other big depots in stratmap, considering “Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited)” option. It's for russians, mainly.
From time to time, I will post here some other questions.

Drizzt

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:30 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

@Drizzt:

Good Luck on mod, wish success and looking forward to it!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:58 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Quote:
To Dima: In the first post of this thread there is a question about reinforcements system. Can you give me a suggestion about it? I'm particularly interested to the forces proportions in this timeline of the battle.
Moreover, let me know if you or Manoi have some suggestions about where to place some other big depots in stratmap, considering “Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited)” option. It's for russians, mainly.

you will not be able to do that good ie realistic/accurate and better to use fixed FPs without auto-reinforcement at all.
but you are free to go any way you like Smile.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Thanks Dima. Now I have an idea about proportions. Yes, I will use fixed forcepools. Considering how much long can be a grand campaign, I think I will set 1 possibility to reinforce to all Bgs (1 to all, it’s almost like 0 to all: proportion respected).

I have done some (minor) changes/corrections in Vls: I will insert some info in the readme, but if you (or Manoi) want some examples let me know.

About weather: do you know if it has been clear all the days of the mod timeline?

Drizzt

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:49 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

some days were overcast (14 and 15/9 for sure and some ones late september but in general it was clear. No rain before mid october.)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: