Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:00 am Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Thanks Manoi!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

I have suspended graphic work (only image.pix has been finished) to focus on some stratmap.txt aspects that can't be extracted: maps center (stratmap gadgets) and numerical arrows connections (from - to), so I'm working/checking on Vls to do a coherent definitive work. I have a question about map 27, Chuikov's HQ: there is a victory location named Yeremenko's HQ. Is it possible to localise also Chuikov's HQ on the map?

Drizzt

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:43 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

I don't remember but I think it was the same (a sort of tunnel?)

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:16 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Hi Manoi and Dima,

a question about medals: I need the exact sequence from the less important to the most important. Here my hypothesis:

Russians:

1 - SOAMMEDALPH = red strip for wounds (ok)
2 - SOAMMEDACIB = ? (following American medals meaning abbreviation, this should be the second: combat infantry badge)
3 - SOAMMEDALSC = Order of Lenin? (if yes, it’s correct that it’s only the third?)
4 - SOAMMEDALBS = Order of the patriotic war (1st class?)
5 - SOAMMEDALSS = Order of the Red Star?
6 - SOAMMEDALMH = Hero of the Soviet union (ok)

Germans:
1 - SOGEMEDALWB = Wound Badge (ok)
2 - SOGEMEDALAB = Infantry Assault Badge (ok)
3 - SOGEMEDALIC2 = 2nd class iron cross? I mean and I ask about the graphic in the mod, not the org meaning (the org meaning it’s for sure 2nd class iron cross, it has been abbreviated IC2)
4 - SOGEMEDALIC1 = ? (following German medals meaning abbreviation, this should be the fourth: an iron cross of first class)
5 - SOGEMEDALWMC = in the mod it’s an iron cross (first class?). It’s the fifth here in this list, because the org medal was a war merit cross.
6 - SOGEMEDALKC = Knight cross (ok)

Thanks in advance.

Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

After a research I have  arrived to these conclusions about medals:

SOAMMEDACIB it’s the soviet medal for battle merit and its position it’s correct.
SOAMMEDALSC it’s the american distinguished Service Cross, so it’s more important than silver star and the order of lenin medal is correct (it’s now the fifth). Soviet medals work is finished.

SOGEMEDALIC1 it’s the general assault badge that, in theory, it’s an alternative to the infantry assault badge so I think to change it. Moreover, I’m enough sure that there was a sort of “bug” in the original CC5: SOGEMEDALIC1 was considered less important then SOGEMEDALIC2 (the two ironcross graphic were inverted). I will choice a medal (suggestions?). The other medals are all confirmed.

Ok, 85% of work is finished (Comrade Stachanov! 3 intensive weeks…): I must only “refine” campaign.txt, finish the red ring map positions work and create the GC.

Some info about the extra changes (I will not speak about the work done porting the mod or about the work done to take advantage of the TLD features, just extras things):

1) Some small corrections in VLs:
maps number (about BTD):
0: changed DTW Settlements name to STZ Settlements (just for uniformity with graphic map names in stratmap: done for every map when/if needed: a list it’s useless, I think).
5: Opytnaia Stantsia set to 50 instead of 100: it’s an entry location (and of course changed from -2 to -4 as TLD axis entry). Changed from 50 to 100 another one to respect the limit of 8 per type.
26: to Dolgiy Gully exit Vl set to 50 instead 100 (now it works in stratmap)
29: added a vl named “dry torrent” at north-east
- added a connection between red October settlements (12) and Meat Plant (19).
2) Maps:
- Corrected minor roof errors thanks to 5CC auto-detect.
- Corrected twoods.txt (it was corrupted for TLD, even if in CC5 worked perfectly). Added some different kind of trees on this map (Tsaritsa Woods) because it was too much monothematic.
3) Destratmaps reworked:
- inverted color sides (now russian color is green and germans red according to TLD victory percentage bar)
- reworked red destratmaps to be more different than the contested destratmaps (now they are more red).

Drizzt

Manoi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

great work Drizzt! I think it's not only a porting to TLD but also an improvement! Sorry not to have answered earlier on the medals but I was not able to help you there for the moment.
I'm happy that you have corrected some stratmap connections, as I remember I had a lot of problems to make it works properly.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Thanks Manoi! I confirm you that Sarayev it's the commander of 10th NKVD (I have found him searching more commander photos: I have added 5 russian commander photos). In a week or two I will give you access to the Beta.

Drizzt

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Nice work to the details, that is CC...

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm in the first tests on the battlefield: I have corrected some vehicles shadows (very few). Previously I have done a "polishing work" about maiuscole/minuscole names in vehicles.txt towards tanks/guns/wrecks/shadows.azp files (in CC5 maiuscole/minuscole issue it caused random crash problems; in TLD I don't know, but I think it's better don't risk)

Anyway, I have seen all vehicles/tanks in action and I have a question: Stug40F and StugIIIF are not the same tank destroyer? In the mod they have the same picture and after a research I have concluded that they are the same tank destroyer ("40" should refer to the new main gun mounted on it), but of course I'm not 100% sure. It's in this way or not?

Drizzt

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:18 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
Anyway, I have seen all vehicles/tanks in action and I have a question: Stug40F and StugIIIF are not the same tank destroyer? In the mod they have the same picture and after a research I have concluded that they are the same tank destroyer ("40" should refer to the new main gun mounted on it), but of course I'm not 100% sure. It's in this way or not?

IIRC StuGIIIF has 50mm armour and L/43 gun and StuG40F has 50+30mm armour and L/48 gun in mod.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Thanks Dima: I don't had checked armor, but the main gun it's the same (stuk40 L/43) in the Stugs of 546/389 ID. I will change it with the L/48.

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Thanks Dima: I don't had checked armor, but the main gun it's the same (stuk40 L/43) in the Stugs of 546/389 ID. I will change it with the L/48.
Drizzt

I don't remember for sure, 10 years have passed so better check Smile.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Yes, exactly 30mm (54, 55, 56 etc. and 84, 85, 86 etc.), but there is also another one (in vehicles.txt). Here the small list:

StugIIIF (50mm and L/43)

StugIIIF late (80mm and L/43)

Stug40F last (80mm and L/48 )

The first two they are in the 546/389 ID (but the second one in teams.txt is named Stug40 not StugIII). Maybe the third was "out of the timeline" and you don't had used it for this reason? Should I correct the name of the second one (in the teams I mean)?

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:22 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Yes, there could not be StuG40F in Stalingrad in September 1942.
I think it added either or green difficulty or just for TH battles.

anyway, there are too many mistakes in the mod, so I suggest to use what is there as you don't have better information.
the new GTC mod will be very different.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Ok Dima. But.. about the second one: it's a stug III or a Stug40? Or I can delete it if it's an error.

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Ok Dima. But.. about the second one: it's a stug III or a Stug40? Or I can delete it if it's an error.
Drizzt

it was called StuGIIIF with 50+30mm armour and L/43 gun.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Thanks. Corrected.

Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm building the battles/campaigns/ops that I can (looking the org mod) and I have a question: north sector operation is well balanced about Bgs; south sector have many german Bgs towards russian Bgs, and West sector (the frontal attack) have many russians Bgs towards german Bgs. Now: I'm sure that, about forces proportion, it's accurate. About north sector nothing to say; about south sector is not a problem because, I suppose, germans Bgs have simply reached the Volga before germans Bgs in the other two sectors. My problem is in west sector operation (it's the frontal attack): if my supposition about south sector is corrected (about the fact that here germans have "finished the job" before germans in other two sectors), I would to know if some of south sectors german Bgs have turned their direction hitting the west sector (and in which day). Even if you can't help me about specific Bgs, it would be good to know if my supposition is true or false.

Thanks in advance.

Drizzt

Manoi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

yes it is correct : 24PD, part of the 14PD, 29 MID and 94ID were the first to reach the Volga in the South of the city (South of Tsaritsa river). But they remained in this sector or were displaced (24 PD was sent north of Stalingradskii). They never act immediately against the west sector (no flanking here as the Russian  defence line collapsed also in the center of the city except on some spots -Mamayev, central station, mill)

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Working on TLD version of this great mod Reply with quote

Thanks Manoi, excellent info.

Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: