Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:14 pm Post subject: Angriff Reply with quote

Angriff : a Stalingrad mod for GTC

As I have said I'm back to business! The plan is to make a new Stalingrad mod for GTC (a patch is coming for the multiplayer for it).
This is not an adaptation but well a new mod. New maps, new stratmap, new data. I've accumulated a lot of infos on Stalingrad and I hope to improve the historical accuracy. I have to thank Conrad who has helped me to improve my graphics skill.
We are at the very early stage of the conception. My first "target" was the stratmap. The graphics are basically done and the cutting of the maps is in progress.
At the same time, I'm busy to develop the graphics of the maps. All the buildings will be made in 3D that allows an isometric view (it allows also a better respect for the proportions  and a easier way to make the shadows).
Elements file will be also revisited to adapt some values and to add specific new ones.

Here is a preview of the work I have made on the wooden huts and buildings. They are untexturized models with full shadows. I will post the final results soon. Note the different telegraph poles.

hut1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  545.27 KB
 Viewed:  641 Time(s)

hut1.jpg

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Great news! Stalingrad is one of my favorite mods. I will have to buy GTC just to play this.  Surprised

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Excellent the 3D effect idea. I'm curious to see the final result. How many years from the CC5 stalingrad mod? Yet, today, I continue to consider Stalingrad mod maps the best I ever seen. And the interface the best graphic interface I ever seen in a CC mod. I'm sure you will do an excellent work also this time.

Drizzt

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 am Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Sounds good! I'll definitely be checking back and looking for updates....

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:10 am Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Yes my friend Manoi,  keep it up after the other project dies down!  I think it's the 10th yr anniversary since the first mod.  Where is Dima?

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:44 am Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

wow great news! I thoroughly loved the graphics and new characters!

Hexagon

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Great news!!!

A little question, is going to cover the summer-autum no???

Thanks and good luck.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

> Hexagon : the mod covers the initial German attack on the city (10 ~ 12/9/1942 to begin october 1942)

> Drizzt : As has said Dj I think it is almost 10 years that this mod was done (argh!) but when I look back to the maps graphics now I find them naive.

Here a test on a destroyed L5 building

rubble test.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  434.49 KB
 Viewed:  611 Time(s)

rubble test.jpg

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

To Manoi: of course time has passed. It’s probably also because of the fact that I’m fascinated by the eastern front (particularly Stalingrad), but I still consider your stalingrad maps the best to play among all other mods.

About your new picture: rubble effect it’s very good, and what I find really impressive it’s the shadow of that building: excellent work!

Drizzt

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

I agree with Drizzt that your graphic editing skills are very impressive.

I'm almost worried are the Sprites gonna cheapen the great work you've done once they are placed inside the buildings?

Hopefully the long term goal of using the Sprites from TBF to be used in GWTC is something that can be done.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 pm Post subject: Re: Ang Reply with quote

The shadows make a huge difference. Awesome!

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Good see you modding again. Unfortunately, I see GTC as a death game, the IA is bad and the multiplayer is worse. Bloody First is now the next step.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Quote:
Good see you modding again. Unfortunately, I see GTC as a death game, the IA is bad and the multiplayer is worse. Bloody First is now the next step.

GTC is the best CC so far.
as far as I heard The Bloody First will not be a success...

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

GTC is the best CC so far.
as far as I heard The Bloody First will not be a success...

I would not say how a game will not be a success if I have not played it and we have seen very few. I would not trust, never, at bad opinions from people angry with BF creators or similar things because they were expulsed from the team because they were expensive and very few necessary for the team of creators.

If GTC is the best CC so far, the CC are dead because it is a piece of shit with a very bad IA as all the other CC with exception from the CC2 and the multiplayer does not run. I have made a mod for GTC but it was a lose of time because when you make a mod for 4 players, it is not too fun. My unique reward was return to look the CC games, enough but I could get the same with less work.

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
If GTC is the best CC so far, the CC are dead because it is a piece of shit with a very bad IA as all the other CC with exception from the CC2 and the multiplayer does not run. I have made a mod for GTC but it was a lose of time because when you make a mod for 4 players, it is not too fun. My unique reward was return to look the CC games, enough but I could get the same with less work.

well I don't care about AI as IMO playing CC against AI is like wanking Smile
the only real concern for me is Girly Soldiers...

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:10 am Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
GTC is the best CC so far. as far as I heard The Bloody First will not be a success...

So the added features in PiTF/GTC outweigh the lost features of LSA?
- ability to change individual teams?
- ability to attack from 2 VL's when you have 2 BG's on a map
- ability for a 2nd BG to lend units to the frontline BG
- ability to play H2H without going through a Matrix/Slitherine forum/server

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:25 am Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
[quote]as far as I heard The Bloody First will not be a success...

Somewhere I read that too, I just cant remember where. The project is in a mess?

If true, there is one platform (PitF), that does not have a GJS mod.  Laughing

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:37 am Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Quote:
Somewhere I read that too, I just cant remember where. The project is in a mess?

The unique clear mess is how they expulse to some people which they worked in the previous CC games because they were not neccesary for the next proyect. Just it and how this people is too  rancorous and now they are spreading rumors about a how it will be a bad game.

But the point is how they are liers because all we know how if these people would continue in the proyect, they would be telling wonderful words about it. At the end, we can not trust at this people.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Hey Firefox,

I hope you are doing well. I have noticed your interest in this title and with any luck, the project will go gold.

My hope is that this title obsoletes everything before it, but there have been other 3D attempts where this did not happen.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:01 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Hey Firefox,

I hope you are doing well. I have noticed your interest in this title and with any luck, the project will go gold.
[quote]
My hope is that this title obsoletes everything before it, but there have been other 3D attempts where this did not happen.

I could see the other attempts from first hand and clearly, BF is a very different proyect. At GI Combat and Squad Assault, they centered most of the tactical combat at a first person camera, at BF, there is not a first person camera and even if it is at 3D, the view is very close to the classic Close Combat top view.

For the record, the addition from buildings at CC made at first place at 3D is not new. I used some like this at my Star Wars mod years ago. Even I used a 3D map editor for the maps........

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: