Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:03 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Dima (a Holodomor liar), is spamming away as usual. He just makes it up as he is typing it, and pretends he is some kind of historian.

I never pretended to be some kind of historian but yes, it seems I have more historical knowledge (they are little beyond wiki articles) and probably education than most of posting here.

Quote:
Even Dima's linked article about the Soviet Famine cites Holodomar and provides a link to its own article. The number of deaths, Ukranian or otherwise is generally a function of the historian. The Holodomor Article mentions Stanislav Kulchytsky who estimated 10 million Ukranians killed, which are a subset of the total deaths. For many years, Stanislav Kulchytsky, was the head of the department of Ukrainian history at the country’s National Academy of Sciences.

what?! Mark Tauber article I gave a link to says right the contrary:
This situation makes it difficult to accept the interpretation of the famine as the result of the 1932 grain procurements and as a conscisious act of genocide. The harvest of 1932 essentially made a famine inevitable.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:10 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

I never pretended to be some kind of historian but yes, it seems I have more historical knowledge (they are little beyond wiki articles) and probably education than most of posting here. -Dima

Uh-huh ! [impersonating Barney the purple dinosaur]

Doubtful arrogance. For instance the wiki article Holodomor contains a Bibliography with 46 works, some with links, and a Notes and Reference section that provides 145 citations to works contained in its bibliography. The wiki article Denial of the Holodomor contains a Reference seciton with 71 citations that also encapsulate its bibliography.

The neat thing about the Wiki, if you (Dima) has an issue with any article you can become a member of the Wiki and EDIT the article. You are not going to do that becuase you know that you are not qualified. (i.e. YOU DO NOT have the requistite education)

Holodomor
Denial of the Holodomor

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:31 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

what?! Mark Tauber article I gave a link to says right the contrary -Dima

try to read this and then we can have a discussion about the Great Famine:
http://www.as.wvu.edu/history/Faculty/Tauger/Tauger,%20'The%201932%20Harvest%20and%20the%20Famine%20of%201933,%20SR%2091.pdf -Dima

If you are so fucking smart, then how come you mispelled the author's name and gomered the link. You gonna blame it on your Rooskie keyboard?

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:03 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Mark Tauger wrote this article you [Dima] cite in 1991 when he was an associate professor at The University of West Virginia. It was "published" in the Slavic Review produced at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where its editors are located.

This interpretation of famine [genocide] overlooks inconsistencies between offical [Soviet] grain harvest statistics for the early 1930's and the evidence of famine, as well as indications from other sources that these statistics are unreliable. -Mark Tauger

Tauger's main argument is that he thinks the original Ukraine harvest data provided by the Soviet Union in the 1930s is wrong, so his article uses Soviet data produced at a much later date in time to come to the conclusion that perhaps these Ukranians did not die after all, or if they did, it was not due to genocide. So like Dima, he denies Holodomor.

The 1932 Harvest and Famine of 1933 - Mark Tauger
Slavic Review
Denial of the Holodomor

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:25 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Situation is escalating again in Ukraine.  Reminds me of disintegration of Yugoslavia in the 90's with the lawless towns & gangster militias roaming the streets.  "Rebel" commander now claims he wants to raise a militia of 100,000 strong.  Russian economic sanctions and plummeting oil prices are really taking a severe toll on Putin's position.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:24 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Yes! Things are moving quickly in Ukraine. There has been tremendous progress.

NO Army can defeat us  Arrow

Link

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:25 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Quote:
Russian economic sanctions and plummeting oil prices are really taking a severe toll on Putin's position.

where? In Russia his approval rating is on the highest level ever - 85% (https://twitter.com/levada_ru/status/560476531827703808)

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:44 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Putin over donestk!

IMG-20150127-WA0000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.69 KB
 Viewed:  278 Time(s)

IMG-20150127-WA0000.jpg

heia Safari!!

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:45 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Putin over donestk!

IMG-20150127-WA0000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.69 KB
 Viewed:  283 Time(s)

IMG-20150127-WA0000.jpg

heia Safari!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Jump to: