Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

OK guys,

Now that I think about it, I have all the beach maps resized and fixed up so they work with CCMT.

So, I took Pointe du Hoc and used 5CC to up-scale it to 8 pixels per meter. Just took a few seconds.

So, if I had a GTC element file, I could make a translation table, and translate a new Pointe du Hoc.txt file.

After the up-scale it is 3456 pixels square. The map is 18x18 deployment tiles, so 192 pixels per tile.

192 pixels per tile / 8 pixels per meter = 24 meters. Perfect!

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Let me explain. I have the maps from my War-ABTF mod. They use a edited elements.txt. How can I import this special elements at 5CC? if I can not import it, I can not make a translation.

Or can I ignore it and I can make the translation table manually and write to the left the War-ABTF values and to the right the new GTC values?

You can make the translation table manually as you mentioned, or you can probably select some of the elements table and paste it into a column in excel, or import it into excel as a tab delimited file.

Really? have you saved the translation text with excell and opened again with 5CC? it does not open nothing different from a ascii file and excel can not save ascii files. Shocked

Quote:
But, I have never known what the ground scale for CC2 was, because me thinks it is not 5 pixels per meter. It is less than that.

There was the CC2 maps converted to CC3, next I converted them to CC5, next I converted them to WAR and now I would like them for GTC and use them with my 1946 data. But 5CC can convert them easily to 8 pixels. There is a scale option for this.

Quote:
Elements in my opinion are free. Not fixed positions (der kessel works perfectly with shallow water in another position for example). There are no .exe special works for them (the elements in Michael list), so why fixed? Change names and values and that's all.

Yes but you must set in the map the same position in the elements.txt for the shallow_water, if not, your shallow_water can be dirt or other thing.

Last edited by Nomada_Firefox on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Drizzt,
My post was in relation to what Steve posted publicly for the re-releases.(WAR-TLD)
Not CCV.

My fault for not clarifying that.

Firefox needs to ask if they are different for GWTC.

I guess that was my original point,One I did not actually state but was intended.

My Bad.

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:31 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Michael, I mean TLD Der Kessel. To be honest, PJ has used a similar element: Thin Ice (instead shallow water, and shallow water is in another position). I'm looking better elements of yout list... I can see a "movement" connection: maybe are movement issues coded in .exe for these elements. Anyway, the similar ones for sure they works.

Drizzt

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Really? have you saved the translation text with excell and opened again with 5CC? it does not open nothing different from a ascii file and excel can not save ascii files. Shocked

Yes, you can save with Excel, and then use the translation table with 5CC.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I have tried and 5CC does not open the translation. Probably because the manual says how it opens ascii files and not txt tab delimited files.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

So can a tab delimited file be an ascii file as well?  Idea  Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delimiter-separated_values

https://ronaldduncan.wordpress.com/2009/10/31/text-file-formats-ascii-delimited-text-not-csv-or-tab-delimited-text/

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Thanks by call me stupid..................when I tell something, it is because I have tested it and it did not work.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I am sorry, I also tested it and it worked. And so says the help documentation internal to 5CC itself!

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Now I discovered it but not thanks to your help because your guides are a bullshit. Sorry but it is the true.

The correct would be this:

You can create a excell file with the values for the translation.

Save it as tab delimited.

Open it with a hexadecimal editor.

Save again.

Open it with 5CC.

The other way, your way Swta, it does not help because you do not explain nothing, you look as one guy showing "how good I´m" and we are not here for this, we are here for free modding.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I don't have to explain anything.

Mafi explains it all in the help screens internal to 5CC.

And also, you do not need to open the translation file with a hex editor.

But this also helps us understand why your work must be free. It was a 5 second task.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:45 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I think how you have not tried it. If you save the file with excell, 5CC will not open it.

Quote:

I don't have to explain anything.

Why are you answering help? for show us how great you are or for help? because if it is the first, you can save for yourself the answer.  Rolling Eyes

Quote:
But this also helps us understand why your work must be free. It was a 5 second task.

What do you want say with this?

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I think how you have not tried it. If you save the file with excell, 5CC will not open it.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT  Exclamation WRONG ANSWER  Exclamation

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

No problem, I´m not interested at how great you are without make nothing.....

At least now, after one or two days of work, I can code the maps. This is not a elements file where two values are different, there are more of 260 values at different positions and I must check one by one where it is at GTC or some similar to this because I can not add more new values or edit the originals, a piece of shit.

Next, probably I need edit the terrain file and it will be another mess.

Perhaps somebody think different but GTC and PTIF are the worse for edit, the CC games with more troubles.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

No problem, I´m not interested at how great you are without make nothing.....

At least now, after one or two days of work, I can code the maps. This is not a elements file where two values are different, there are more of 260 values at different positions and I must check one by one where it is at GTC or some similar to this because I can not add more new values or edit the originals, a piece of shit.

Next, probably I need edit the terrain file and it will be another mess.

Perhaps somebody think different but GTC and PTIF are the worse for edit, the CC games with more troubles.

Well good for you! That and a couple of bucks will get you a low grade coffee at Starbucks. And btw, I did explain to you what to do. How was I to know you would gomer such a simple explanation.

I have tried and 5CC does not open the translation. Probably because the manual says how it opens ascii files and not txt tab delimited files.

Liar Liar ... Pants on Fire  Razz

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Do you know what you are? a troll.......you are not here for modding, just for disturb. I go to ignore you as I made it before with other trolls.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I know we are doomed and CC will die a slow and painful death thanks to Matrix f*cking it up constantly.

But when I look at you guys, Stwa and Firefox, I even get more depressed because it becomes apparent there is not a single sane person left in the CC5 modding community who can competently work with other people in mutual UNDERSTANDING... Look at you, you don't agree on an issue (which is very normal btw), but you start trolling each other in lightening speed and waste each other's time unnecesserally. Unbelievable...

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:34 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
I know we are doomed and CC will die a slow and painful death thanks to Matrix f*cking it up constantly.

But when I look at you guys, Stwa and Firefox, I even get more depressed because it becomes apparent there is not a single sane person left in the CC5 modding community who can competently work with other people in mutual UNDERSTANDING... Look at you, you don't agree on an issue (which is very normal btw), but you start trolling each other in lightening speed and waste each other's time unnecesserally. Unbelievable...

Not exactly. Firefox starting telling "stories", pretty much every time he posted, and he got caught, then started ranting.

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:35 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Ok, a good news: I have seen the reply to Nomada from Steve (GtC Matrix Games forum) about the possibility to add more than 30 maps and.. yes! The game supports 64 maps. Steve instructions about how to do it are exactly what I imagined (and 90% identical to TLD). Angriff mod can continue.
It will be usefull to know also how many arrows the game supports.
Drizzt

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:09 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Quote:
there is not a single sane person left in the CC5 modding community who can competently work with other people in mutual UNDERSTANDING...

Please do not put me in this group of bad people, first I work and I have worked with other people at CC, second I started this thread for inform all you about this, if there are trolls, it is not my fault.

Quote:
Ok, a good news: I have seen the reply to Nomada from Steve (Gtc Matrix Games forum) about the possibility to add more than 30 maps and.. yes! The game supports 64 maps. Steve instruction about how to do it are exactly what I imagined (and 90% identical to TLD). Angriff mod can continue.

Yes, you can see how I´m not a troll, I tried make some of pressure because unfortunately most of the people launching bad opnions to matrix, they are not enough brave for launch them directly in the face of matrix and at least try a change.

But Drizzt, you are not saying the same words from Steve. He has not sayed how the game support more maps. Just he has sayed how he has not made any change with this. Really he does not know if it can gives thousands of different troubles as I have seen. In fact now, I do not see the same trouble at my files but I have many problems adding the code. As always modding most of the times increase the capabilities from the games and we can see several unknoiwn problems.

Stevel wrote:
(Part of this is a repost of my response to you on the Slitherine forums, where you posted the same message)

Neither of these things were changed from Panthers in the Fog, or previous versions of the game. I suspect you are seeing some other issue, such as a mismatch between the stratmap.txt and the map, arrow, and front line trace images in the scrngadg.gdg file -- if these two things are out of sync, the game will not function properly.

See my response to your post in the Modding forum here for more information on this.

As for the elements file, there have always been elements that the EXE relies upon being at a certain index. This is not new to Gateway to Caen. You can always add new elements to the end of the elements.txt file, and you can change the values (cover, or movement rate, for example) for any element, even the ones the EXE is relying upon.

If you're having a specific problem I would be happy to help with it, but please describe exactly the mod you're making to the game so I can reproduce it and see what's happening myself.

Steve

About other problems, have any of you tried add a new scenary editor? you will be very surprised and if you discover the problem, you will see a very big botched job, at least from my perspective. Laughing  Shocked

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: