Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:38 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Nomada, I have never said you are a troll. Sometime (and of course also to me) can happens to don't do all in the right way while modding and the game crashes. Sometime it's data, sometime data-stratmap, sometime stratmap-graphic related etc. Of course, it's also possible that in this specific case you have totally reason, but to know this completely, I should mod GtC (it's not in my plans now).
Anyway, I have appreciated your posts (and also STWA posts about elements): try to explain something it's always better than silence: sometime we (I, you, him etc.) have reason, sometime not. It's ok.

Drizzt

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:54 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I would not say how Swta explain nothing, his unique purpose is disturb. Nothing more. You can see it around the forum, just check his answers, more of one person has finished the day sending him to the hell. Fortunately for me. The best is ignore him.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:14 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Compulsive liars exist even in forums like this. But in your case, you were doing it delieberately, and just didn't realize that there was plenty of documentation that would expose the lies. And for what. What were you to gain by lying in this manner. That is the real take away, in my view.
Then once the lies were completely exposed, you went wild.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:59 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway, I have appreciated your posts (and also STWA posts about elements): try to explain something it's always better than silence: sometime we (I, you, him etc.) have reason, sometime not. It's ok.

I did explain it to him. It took about a sentence. As did Mafi, that took about a sentence as well. But Firefox, pretended (lied) that the explanation he was given was false, and then continued to lie over and over again with every post. That is unacceptable in my view. So not only did he get an explanation, he also got articles, and of course material directly from 5CC that proved he was lying deliberatly. So maybe next time YOU post you might say a few things about compulsive liars in the forum, who's lies are not always compulsive, but pre-meditated.

And at this point, it wouldn't come as any surprise to moi, that everything Firefox spoke of regarding GTC, since the first post does not turn out to be true. And since McClaire has sent back some information on these topics already, this seems more and more the case.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:59 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

STWA
Flamethrower

Same thing....

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:02 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

With actions alone Mooxe should close the site.

Nothing here to read

Or change the name to CCTroll .net

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:13 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

The Ortona Mod thread is the Best reading material this site has had in Years and NO ONE reply's to it.

Just close the site Mooxe.
Or change the name to CC Troll.net

Either accept the fact your hard work is disgraced by Trolls
Or you accept the fact that CC is supported by a few Trolls.

This used to be a place to read about CC

Now it just SUCKS a big fat Donkey Dick

Please close the Fucking thing so I dont have to endure it anymore.....

Please.

Id rather see Nothing at the Matrix site then see whats here.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:15 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

Or change the name to CCTroll .net

Can be a good option.

But take my recomendation, ignore this guys, do not answer them. They want be followed and if you ignore them as I´m making now, probably he will leave his bad actions.

Do you continue making a Vetbob? I feel how when Bloody First be released, you will enjoy it, specially the map editor. I will be surprised if we can not make a Ardennes mod and very probably, we can convert the maps from it to BF because the map editor can export and I suppose, import, a image layer from the terrain and other from the 3D objects, they would be 2D images which very probably you can use at new maps for other previous 2D CC games. By this reason, I do not see a problem for import old maps as the CC4 maps. Have fun.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:31 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

to STWA: I think that is a misunderstanding between you and Firefox. I have seen the screenshots, but I don't have verified your explanation (I mean screenshots explanation, I will verify)  and the problem between you and him is that Firefox has verified that doesn't work exactly in that way. He writes another passage ( that you consider not necessary, like in Mafi text in the screenshot). Come on.. he is not a liar, just a misunderstanding between you and him.

Drizzt

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
to STWA: I think that is a misunderstanding between you and Firefox. I have seen the screenshots, but I don't have verified your explanation (I mean screenshots explanation, I will verify)  and the problem between you and him is that Firefox has verified that doesn't work exactly in that way. He writes another passage ( that you consider not necessary, like in Mafi text in the screenshot). Come on.. he is not a liar, just a misunderstanding between you and him.

Drizzt

Forget him. If you check around the forum, you will see how he has made things like these many other times. He is a flamethower as Platoon_Michael sayed.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Drizzt

to DRIZZT: Let me guess, you are high, right? So, I suppose you need more time to come up with some slick BS. Or other collaborators? Ya, Firefox is having a misunderstanding alright. But it is not with moi, or Mafi.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:19 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I wanted to verify it when I had had will/time, but thanks to your post, I think I will never do it.
Can seems to you strange, but who has reason in this matter it’s not so prior in my life (I know, it's hard to believe for you). I’m “High”..? You mean tall? “Noble”? No no, not tall or noble.. right? English is not my language Mr slang, you don’t show respect for this simple fact. But I’m “high”, so I see this matter in the follow way: in some millions of years' time, this matter will begin to lose a little part of his importance in the history of this galaxy. I think I will wait.

Drizzt

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:58 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I wanted to verify it when I had had will/time, but thanks to your post, I think I will never do it.
Can seems to you strange, but who has reason in this matter it’s not so prior in my life (I know, it's hard to believe for you). I’m “High”..? You mean tall? “Noble”? No no, not tall or noble.. right? English is not my language Mr slang, you don’t show respect for this simple fact. But I’m “high”, so I see this matter in the follow way: in some millions of years' time, this matter will begin to lose a little part of his importance in the history of this galaxy. I think I will wait.

Drizzt

Whatever blows your skirt up, Mr. Verify. The "advice" that was given was the "advice" that was in the internal help section in the program. And you need galactic time to verify all that. Its a five second task. Chop Chop! More slang btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chop_chop_%28phrase%29

http://www.slang-dictionary.org/English-Slang-Dictionary/high

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whatever%20blows%20your%20skirt%20up

http://www.ehow.com/info_8729042_20-html.html

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Eat your useless links, Stwa. If you want respect, show respect.

It can be useful also to me in future, so (in five minutes of work) I have verified this thing.

As I thought, I have been obliged to rework the new Elements file for 5CC: columns are not identical towards close combat DATA elements file. An example with a new TLD element file for 5CC:
DATA TLD Elements file have some (4-5) columns more than 5CC TLD elements file, and 2 columns are in another position (moreover, heading column names are not always identical between the workbook and 5CC file, even when they are exactly the same). A copy and paste work it has been necessary (using excel). Then I have saved it as a normal txt tab-delimited file (with a new name: SDKelements is my new 5CC elements file). And yes, after this kind of work, I can import it in a normal way without to use other editors. It seems to work well with SDK maps.
This is just my method, and it doesn’t mean that there aren’t other methods more fast (that I don’t know).

This is not a conversation with Stwa. It’s just something to share with the community.

Drizzt

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:53 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Eat your useless links, Stwa. If you want respect, show respect.

It can be useful also to me in future, so (in five minutes of work) I have verified this thing.

As I thought, I have been obliged to rework the new Elements file for 5CC: columns are not identical towards close combat DATA elements file. An example with a new TLD element file for 5CC:
DATA TLD Elements file have some (4-5) columns more than 5CC TLD elements file, and 2 columns are in another position (moreover, heading column names are not always identical between the workbook and 5CC file, even when they are exactly the same). A copy and paste work it has been necessary (using excel). Then I have saved it as a normal txt tab-delimited file (with a new name: SDKelements is my new 5CC elements file). And yes, after this kind of work, I can import it in a normal way without to use other editors. It seems to work well with SDK maps.
This is just my method, and it doesn’t mean that there aren’t other methods more fast (that I don’t know).

This is not a conversation with Stwa. It’s just something to share with the community.

Drizzt

As I thought, you needed more time to come up with some BS. And it isn't even slick BS. The task was to develop an Element Translation Table that translates elements from one standard (like CC4) to another standard like (CCMT) or perhaps (GTC).

Any translation table can be imported into 5CC, for the purposes of this translation. This translation occurs in the txt file of a map (like CC3 Stalingrad 1). To perform the translation you use the Bulk Data Translation module contained with the 5CC program. And there is always a precentage chance that no translation needs to occur with a map txt file. For instance, CC5 map txt files do not require translation to run under CCMT because its element codes are simply a sub-set of those in CCMT.

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:15 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Eat your useless links, Stwa. If you want respect, show respect. It can be useful also to me in future, so (in five minutes of work) I have verified this thing. This is not a conversation with Stwa. It’s just something to share with the community. -Drizzt

So, if you subtract all the commentary that relates to Elements.txt from Drizzt's post all you have left is indicated (in italics) above.

In addition, over time, I came to the realization that the duration of software projects, were not always measured in the actual time it took to perform each specific task within the project.

In fact, work could be measured by its duration or elapsed time. In this particular instance, we have a duration for Drizzt's "verification" task that exceeds 24 hours. Its helps to explain why modders may take several years to complete any mod for any CC game.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:45 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Ok, so GtC need an element translation (also towards TLD? Great). I thought something more "unusual" (unusual elements, like the ones used in some mods, that need to be set to work properly with 5CC). TLD incorporates CC5 elements without the need of an elements translation (if I remember well), so I thought the same thing about GtC. To be honest, I have never used this option in 5CC. In past, I have used Mick(XE5) tool, creating my own CC3toTLD translation table for that tool.
Thanks to have clarified the point.

Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:52 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I have seen only now your last post. You can't resist. Hopeless case.

Drizzt

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:08 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
(using excel)

What version did you use? I used a 2010 and 5CC could not open the files without edit before with a hexadecimal editor.

About GTC, the elements file has one row more than the elements from PTIF but the 358 rows are equal, very very probably. However, it is very similar to other re-edition CC and if you need a translation file, you can make it faster.

Do not trust nothing from Swta, he has only two CC games and no one of them is the GTC. At the end, he is a flamethrower and for me, he is dead in this forum.

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:31 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Ok, so GtC need an element translation (also towards TLD? Great). I thought something more "unusual" (unusual elements, like the ones used in some mods, that need to be set to work properly with 5CC). TLD incorporates CC5 elements without the need of an elements translation (if I remember well), so I thought the same thing about GtC. To be honest, I have never used this option in 5CC. In past, I have used Mick(XE5) tool, creating my own CC3toTLD translation table for that tool.
Thanks to have clarified the point.

Drizzt

Whatever, so with the way I am proceeding, me thinks I can eliminate GTC Element.txt file as a possible source of problems. Why? Because I am not going to modify it. So when GTC executes it will work properly because it will be using its own Element.txt file which has not been modified in any way.

CCMT incorporated CC5 elements as well. And you have discovered that TLD elements incorporate CC5 elements too. So maybe GTC elements incorporate CC5 Elements? If true, any map txt file that used CC5 element coding would not have to be translated, as you mentioned. And therefore we would not need a translation table for those maps.

Mafi might know the answer or even TIK might know the answer. One of you guys could get an inquiry off to Mafi or TIK. If not, if you have a GTC Elements.txt file, you can use excel to compare the contents of the GTC Elements.txt file with that of the CC5 Elements.txt file, and if they match. Ka-ching!

Note: you only need to compare the index value and its description of its item. (like Deep Water)

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/ka-ching

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: