Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author

Does this Site SUCK!
Yes it does,
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
It does,but atleast its slightly better than the Matrix/Steam site
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

An awful lot of the "old timers" from KG were in semi retirement by.. Say 2001-2002 as far as CC goes. Seems like SSpoom, Swampfox, Cloghaun, Soldier were it. AGcent was around on TeamSpeak, but he was rarely playing. Newer members joined around 99-200 being me and Scout. Rest would stop by, some would chat.. Panther, Cooper.. Many of us rolled over to Combat Mission for awhile also and played ladders.

Guess KG just disappeared like most of the clans did from CC.. The times were great while it lasted tho. Even some of the stupid/crazy crap Traut pulled on his pet maps, though it was against KG rules and got him into clan trouble more than once.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

Oh ya, I forgot that CB_Trout joined KG. I played him all the time.

kkh.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.24 KB
 Viewed:  599 Time(s)

kkh.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:46 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

That's just too much Brake.. All these screens of the old MSN room...

Starfury used to hang out on Teamspeak with KG all the time also, forgot his "real" 1st name after all these years, but got to know him fairly well back then and he's a really cool dude. Was into modeling (toy, not that kind...) and was the last member of GDS he claimed..

I saw an ANZAC clan on that screen.. Was it ANZAC_TAC who was leader of that group? Can't recall for sure. The guy was really tough.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:59 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

What ever happened to playing through MSN Instant Messenger?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:15 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

Hey Michael,

I don't remember ever playing CC through any messenger. *did* play and send quickie PG2 turns through it at one time. Could that possibly be what you are remembering?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:34 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

I used MSN Messenger to play. It was great to chat to people and then when ready click a button to offer who you were chatting with to play. If accepted the game auto started on both computers with the players connected....

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:45 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
I used MSN Messenger to play. It was great to chat to people and then when ready click a button to offer who you were chatting with to play. If accepted the game auto started on both computers with the players connected....

Correct
When did that get dropped?

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:13 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

I think the sites great. I hope it never closes down.
Matrix site is not a Close Combat site.
Steam is evil.
CCS meets its purpose nicely.

We are still getting mods done. One was just completed for CC5 invasion Normandy. I don't know why you want the site to be gone?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:50 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
What a F-n Joke CC has become

You can say that again.  It's a utter mess.  And it's thanks to all those who got hold of the code and ruined good parts of CC and utterly failed to improve on the game.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:52 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Oh ya, I forgot that CB_Trout joined KG. I played him all the time.

Wow, that screenshot of the Zone is crazy.  What is really funny is that the Zone (from the NINETIES) is a better matchmaking tool than what came with any of the post-CC5 releases.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:12 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):

[quoteWow, that screenshot of the Zone is crazy.  What is really funny is that the Zone (from the NINETIES) is a better matchmaking tool than what came with any of the post-CC5 releases.

The MSN Zone worked great for us in the 90's. Our 56K connection was the problem then. MSN would have been better advised to keep those rooms open all these years.

We are fortunate to have Gameranger provide support for the Classic CC titles now.

GR 2 21 2015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.9 KB
 Viewed:  472 Time(s)

GR 2 21 2015.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
What a F-n Joke CC has become

You can say that again.  It's a utter mess.  And it's thanks to all those who got hold of the code and ruined good parts of CC and utterly failed to improve on the game.

Very well said.  In my opinion the game has become WORSE from the original series.  No disrespect to those whom worked on the re-releases.  The graphics have improved, yes.  But it is frustrating how they took such a great game and muddled it up.

As far as CCS, nothing wrong with the website at all.  Except for the trolls.  That is one thing you can't escape from on the internet no matter what the site is.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:45 am Post subject: Re: CCS Sucks! Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
 But it is frustrating how they took such a great game and muddled it up.

But down through the years with Atomic, or Matrix, they tried many approaches, and most of them fell flat.

Most people like RTS games to be an arcade game. And CC games tried that (CC5), but CC combat is just too slow, so you are mainly left with a complicated software program to display the order of battle. But that, coupled with the campaign game kept some players very interested.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: