Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:42 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Where I say that they are in war as nations? We agree. I know about refugees.
About how strong it's western ukranian nationalism, it can be you have reason, but there is a difference between who govern the country and the common people. Usually, a strong nationalist minority that lead a nation can make a difference in worse (we hope not). The strong nationalist feeling often arize from a organized minority. Propaganda do the rest after they have taken the power. Anyway, I don't see a real point of discussion: do you like this Ukranian governement (and how it has taken the power)? I think not.

About Crimea, what I should say? I agree. I think it was clear (the first mistake it was the coup  d'Etat, Crimea situation it's a reaction, in a certain sense a defensive reaction).

Drizzt

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
But if Ukraine is in state of war with Russia, why do Ukranian passenger planes fly to Russia? Why does Ukraine buy oil, gas and coal from Russia? Why do we have thousands of West Ukranians in Russia hiding from mobilization? Why does Motor-Sich still produce engines for the Russian helicopters?
Is it not strange?

Points well-taken.  That epitomizes how this is phony war.  If the west or even the Ukraine was serious, then they would suspend all trade/business with Russia.  I read some where that U.S. Oil Corporation, do not recall which one, conducted some type of oil deal with Russia despite the sanctions.

It reminds me how British Petroleum and U.S. Big Oil industry negotiated huge deal with Libya's Khaddify despite his regime obvious support for radical islam and the Pan Am tragedy.

Just proves that countless incidents in history are characterized as Political theater.  Yet behind closed doors for centuries nations negotiate for $ regardless of the what the alleged disputes are between regimes.
It has nothing to do with politics...it has everything to do with $.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Points well-taken.  That epitomizes how this is phony war.  If the west or even the Ukraine was serious, then they would suspend all trade/business with Russia.  I read some where that U.S. Oil Corporation, do not recall which one, conducted some type of oil deal with Russia despite the sanctions.

you probably don't know but the US Antares and Atlas-3/5 space rockets are powered by the Russian engines and the last contract for 60 more engines (around USD 1bln) was signed on January 16th 2015.

dj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:16 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima, they just reported on my local news that the Mail Order Bride business in both Russia and Ukraine is thriving industry.  Many thousands of Americans are still flying to Russia for Mail Order Brides.  So much for the sanctions.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:33 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

I just saw an article at fidelity.com that said Ukraine and Russia had agreed to a ceasfire.

https://news.fidelity.com/news/news.jhtml?articleid=201502120753RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_KBN0LG1KL_1&cat=Top.Investing.RT&IMG=Y

dj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:48 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Perfect now it is safe to return to Russia or Ukraine for Mail Order Brides:

History of the term "mail order brides"
1. American men from eastern lands arrived to reclaim the west coast, achieved considerable financial success, but one thing clouded their lives - the inability to start a family. Very few women lived in those places at that time, so it was extremely difficult for a man to find a spouse. Potential suitors have written letters to churches and private ads published in magazines and newspapers. In turn, women wrote response letters and sent them their photos. Courtship and getting to know each other was through correspondence until she agreed to marry a man whom she had never seen in real life. Many women are pushed to take this step a desire to change your current lifestyle, to find financial prosperity, and just to see how their lives have changed in the new western lands.

logo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.04 KB
 Viewed:  343 Time(s)

logo.png

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:41 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Byzantines take on Rus in Macedonia, on their way to Ukraine. (Tribus Sarmatae?)

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Finland drops depth charges in 'submarine' alert

Ok now the Finnish navy have picked up some signals that point to an unknown entity in Finnish territorial waters. Not necessarily a Russian sub but that's one possibility. Not sure if this is going to be another 'wild goose chase' as was with the Swedes.

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:42 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Ok now the Finnish navy have picked up some signals that point to an unknown entity in Finnish territorial waters. Not necessarily a Russian sub but that's one possibility. Not sure if this is going to be another 'wild goose chase' as was with the Swedes.[/quote]

Just chasing more shadows in the media war. Throw enough mud some of it will stick. Some of these countries would be better off sorting out their own internal issues rather than creating something from nothing like the Swedes and the Estonians.

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

If you want to know what is really stirring the Russian minds is the Kremlin horn.. Gazeta something.. I have posted it here before, but can´t remember it now :O

Never underestimate the power of TV & radio  Idea

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

sod98

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Never underestimate the power of TV & radio  Idea[/quote]

Yes it can be a great weapon on it's own. Just like how 90pc of all US media is owned by three Multinational Corporations. The very same who get the lions share of Defense and Reconstruction contracts.

dj

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Multinational corporations not only own the US Media, but they use their own $ to directly influence political officials & write their laws or trade treaties.  They do not have to disclose their political donations either so it can be kept a secret to the public.

sod98

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:45 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Multinational corporations not only own the US Media, but they use their own $ to directly influence political officials & write their laws or trade treaties.  They do not have to disclose their political donations either so it can be kept a secret to the public.

..........and that's a democracy.

Funny enough as time goes on more information appears to be coming to light on who helped the coup in the Ukraine. A Polish MP last week exposed how their country helped train the snipers who happened to shoot both Police and protesters. He says this was done on behalf of the CIA. Video footage of the Right Sector guys leave a Hotel a day after the last of the shootings clearly carrying gun bags. Then top top it off, another video prior to the coup of a Ukraine MP in the House fore telling exacting what was about to happen and how US Ambassador  ( Geoffrey R. Pyatt ) in Kiev was running meetings for those to topple the then Govt. Also Chevron suggesting a change in Govt would bring US dollars - Ukraine Oil's now 2ic - Joe Bidens son.

Looking forward to the release if ever of the findings of MH17. Sadly all I can see will be excuses why they can't pin point anyone country or people.

Dima

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:42 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Surprisingly Russia is doing quite ok nowadays but the federal budget is suffering from Ruble got much stronger in last months as budget is made with 61 RUR/USD.

The producers aimed for local market are doing much better than 1 year ago as even with 50 RUR against USD it's profitable to produce in Russia instead of importing goods from say Poland. Was not with the rate of 30 RUR to 1 USD.

The exporters are having Golden age Smile.

Most likely the RUR will go down next months but that will only help the goverment to get more income trading natural resources. Otherwise there will be a lot of problems for the goverment fullfilling their obligations.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Finnish military preparing 900,000 reservists for 'crisis situation'

http://europe.newsweek.com/finish-military-preparing-900000-reservists-crisis-situation-326712

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

sod98

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:42 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

[quote="US_Brake";p="80317"]Finnish military preparing 900,000 reservists for 'crisis situation'

Another over reaction ( this time by Finland ) based on what - no proof just more accusations.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Finnish military preparing 900,000 reservists for 'crisis situation'

http://europe.newsweek.com/finish-military-preparing-900000-reservists-crisis-situation-326712  

The sending of this letter isn't connected to the recent events, the possible submarine sighting or the Ukraine trouble. It was planned to send this letter to Finnish reservists already in 2011 I think. So it's the media blowing this up and making it something it isn't.

I will get one of these letters too, I wish I could tell you guys what's in it but my lips (and fingers) are sealed. You see it's top secret.  Very Happy

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:40 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Former top Russian general: Russia will defend eastern Ukraine, even if it means taking Kiev

dramatic headline from Vox story today.

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/7/8566035/former-top-russian-general-russia-will-defend-eastern-ukraine-even-if

Phony war or is Putin marching on Keiv in 2015?

----------------------------------------------------
Wargaming Russia's Military Options in Ukraine

https://youtu.be/LCMn-WDTIf8

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Russia Unveils Its Groundbreaking New Tank

https://youtu.be/X-jxwQ4K5ZI

Russia's T-14 Armata Main Battle Tank Concept

https://youtu.be/OKlKZ1idRcQ

A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.06 KB
 Viewed:  306 Time(s)

A.jpg

Dima

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

No worries, these tanks are not aimed against NATO as there are 1.500 IBR aimed instead with 45.000 warheads Wink

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Jump to: