Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Metalrules12

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 am Post subject: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

Hi!

When playing CC5 the game stops. I hear the sound but the game has freezed, any ideas?

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

Need way more info mate. Keep trying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Metalrules12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:47 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

I´ve got Windows 8 and I have changed compatibility. The game freezes in midbattle. I can hear the sound as if the battle continues, but I cant accually do anything.http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=reply&t=10839

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

I have no experience with windows 8. You may want to try changing the video settings within CC5, if that doesn't work, change settings in Windows. Like colour depth or resolution. It sounds like a video problem, so anything you can change video wise may get it working.

Metalrules12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

Do you have any idea what to change in the video? I've tried to change in game, but that doesn't do it:/

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:13 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

You can right click the icon and go to properties to change stuff...
And when you click into the game you can push CTRL ALT to bring options up, like turn off video... Turn video off.
WHat part of the game does it freeze?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

WilliamTheSilent

Rep: 29.4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

Sorry I started topic about the same issue.

I guess I'm not the only one.

Cannot change it with settings. I one time had the game come back after I waited a while, but normally you have to wait out the battle time to continue the campaign.
You totally lose control and game screen freezes. Sound continues.

It's graphic issue I believe.

Metalrules12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

WilliamTheSilent, you described my problem exactly!

WilliamTheSilent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

Is that a positive  Very Happy
Now we need someone to help us.
I bet ye it has to do with Windows 8  Sad and no one has found the answer yet, because it's an old game.

Hopefully there is some computer wizard   Idea on the site.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

You say changing the compatibility, but to which? windows XP or 98? I recall XP had not worked by me then only with win98 on vista and on win7, you should at least change to win98. Worth checking.

WilliamTheSilent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

Windows 8 had put it on Windows XP service pack 3.
I put it on 98 and the original game seemed to work fine now. Also the Meuse Mod.

Good thinking. Thank you very much. I hope it stays.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:05 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

I also have issues running CC5 on Windows 7, always crashes.  Tried Windows 98 and XP in compatibility mode , both crashed.   The only CC games I can get running properly on Windows 7 are the re-releases.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

@WilliamTheSilent: it is my pleasure to help...
@dj: A guy wants to play CC5 and he can't! I have Win7 Home Basic and this is my settings for CC5, I hope it helps:

settings.jpg
 Description:
My Settings
 Filesize:  72.69 KB
 Viewed:  588 Time(s)

settings.jpg

Metalrules12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

ke_mechial: I`ve tried does settings that you sent in the picture. I'll give it a try and try win 98 mode. I've just got a feeling that wont work either:(

Metalrules12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:29 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

I've tried the game with windows 98 compatibility for a couple of hours, and so far it seems to work:)

WilliamTheSilent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:42 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

I've been playing on Windows 98 and it didn't freeze anymore.

WilliamTheSilent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

I installed Ortano and now the freezing problem is back again for the mod.
Meuse and Stalingrad seem to work fine.
I guess I have to try to get an old XP computer to run all my old games  Sad .

WilliamTheSilent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:37 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

Actually my Meuse and Stalingrad mods are working fine on CC5 with compatibility on Windows 98.

Why other Mods don't work I don't know.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:16 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Crashing Reply with quote

WilliamTheSilent wrote (View Post):
I've been playing on Windows 98 and it didn't freeze anymore.

What size screen resolution are using for Windows 98?  Still freezes for me and runs like crap in Win98 cm.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: