Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:53 am Post subject: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

For the last few days, I have been in one of those "reduce and simplify" moods. I had done this before several years ago, and got rid of a lot of games (on CDs) that I just had lost interest.

So, I decided to shelve all games that were not full screen in all respects. For moi, that means the game had to support a 1360x768 widescreen monitor. It is 2015, an it is time for these games to go, just on principle alone.

That being said, I did not delete these games, since most were digital downloads, but I did un-install them and moved all the material (including mods) for each game to one of my larger back-up drives.

Unfortunately several Matrix titles got the axe. CCMT, WAR, and Guns of August.

So, what is left? Wings over Vietnam and Europe as a combined install; by Bold Games, with the Destineer 3d engine. Birth of America, the original version from Ageod. For some reason, it has gotten better with age. Go figure. And Rome Total War Gold, with some neat mods. Steam and Iron, a mostly real time naval simulation by NWS. It is a cool game, but like most naval games, it suffers from lack of stuff to do. So, I might move it to the back-up drive as well, since my interest has waned a bit, and I don't play it that much anymore.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:25 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

What!

CCMT got the Axe?
For as long as you've been promoting that,I'm surprised.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:44 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

All I have installed is several CC games nowadays. Gone are the days of CM of any flavor and never bothered installing PeG-WW2 when did fresh install of new home build few months back.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:25 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

Web Page Name

Stupid youtube links never work for me.

UO0044.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.24 KB
 Viewed:  380 Time(s)

UO0044.jpg

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

Steam and Iron, one of the games I have retained, runs in an window. WAR and other re-releases do that as well, but there is a difference in the two. I wished I had more games that run in a bordered window. GOA (Guns of August) would do that as well, but when you navigated to the main game, it did not support the resolution of 1360x768.

I have been involved with CC for a long time, and I have enjoyed the series, and especially CCMT. Over the years, I must admit that I have enjoyed combat flight sims as well, but more than that, I have enjoyed games that were designed and built to expect users to add new material to the game or sim. The Close Combat series, mostly tried to prohibit add-on material, and even just simple modifications.

I was anticipating "The Bloody First" to allow users the ability to add material (3D objects). It is not a new concept. Every flight sim I have been involved in for over two decades, this attribute is at the heart of the simulation.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:14 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

Dude,
I gave you the "Baby Please Dont go music"

You didn't acknowledge it.

im hurt

Even thought your a Prick   Laughing I hate to see you go.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:18 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

Oh shit.....
I just remembered.......

I'm a Prick.

Are you my Fatherr?<-----Alcohol made me do that.And uh well ....my personality.
I think I inherited it.

116117.gif.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.47 KB
 Viewed:  371 Time(s)

116117.gif.jpg

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:07 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Dude,
I gave you the "Baby Please Dont go music"

You didn't acknowledge it.

im hurt

Even thought your a Prick   Laughing I hate to see you go.

My bad, i didn't notice it for some reason.

Who said I was going? And where would I go? BTW, don't answer that.

Don't worry. Over time, I have encountered many pricks using the internet, and you don't even come close.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:37 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

Oh shit....my game is lacking.

My fatherrrr is ashamed of me.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOXCAKL9ESc

haishiku

Rep: -0.3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:08 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

What kind of games do you like play,Archeage or Runescape ,you can buy anything to play if you click this ?www.rsgpfast.com or FIFA 15 Coins and www.fifacoins2u.com

haishiku

Rep: -0.3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Games Put on Shelf Reply with quote

What kind of games do you like play,Archeage or Runescape ,you can buy anything to play if you click this ?www.rsgpfast.com or FIFA 15 Coins and www.fifacoins2u.com

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: