Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenario Editor:

1. I made a small op for Pzt_Mac and I to play. One reserve is supposed to show up on the second day for germans. Come the 2nd day TWO german reserves showed up (The one I intended along with a "phantom" BG).
I checked in the scenario editor and that extra german BG in the op isn't there, though it's missing from the BG pool on the side in the editor. I can even place another BG on that map when and where the "phantom" BG pops up (2nd day). Normally there would be that message "can only place one BG per map!", but nothing. Like it isn't there. But it is.

2. Also. After the first game of the op I saved the game under a diferent name.
The save file (both saved files, original and renamed) showed that no battle had ever been played.
We had fought the battle, the game saved, but it was as if we never fought the battle.

We loaded original again and truced the first battle and it saved okay that time.
But then, as stated above, the "phantom" BG appeared in day 2.

I've made and played tons of ops and I've never seen anything like it.

edited

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That phatom BG was totally wierd. I too have never seen that before.

In regards to not being able to see the reserve German BG's: Had you moved the first round BG's that started on the reseve maps off yet? If you just click through from day one on, the reserves will not show if you have a BG on that map to begin with. The reserves will show only if they start on maps that no other BG started on, or if you move the original BG off of that map and thusly view it from the next day forward, or if you view them through the Scenario editor. I believe this is the case with every CC5 mod.

Another point on game play: The average Russian infantry is at an obvious disadvantage with morale and expierence, and most weapons. But such was their plite in history. However, it seems that the Russian teams should be bigger than the German teams. I could be wrong on this, but I was under the impression that the Russians had giant sqauds roaming around. The three man teams that the Russians have don't really do any good, and there seems to be quite a few of them.

I'm wondering if the mod team designed the size of the Russian teams with the fact that there were large limitations on weapons and ammo, so some of the troops in those Red squads were just waiting to pick up the rifle of a fallen comrade. But even if this is the case, I personally would still like to see a 10 man unit, even if 2 of those sprites only had knives, at least they could scavage for weapons.

Just some thoughts...

And because it can't be said enough, GREAT MOD!

Thanks,
Pzt_Mac

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeze mac. I know you like hearing yourself talk, but double posting now? Okay okay... we hear you. Wink

Yeah. You're right about the reserve placed on the original BG thing. I edited my previous post and scratched that from the post to avoid confusion.

Hey mac. Great points about the over-abundance of small russian teams.
Three man teams are cannon fodder and a wasted slot against the strong german teams.
I'm not a great historian buff, but I know the russians defeated the Wehrmacht at Stalingrad, among other things, largely due to their great numbers of bodies they could throw into the grinder there. Replace some of those 3 man teams with some 9 or 10 man teams. Even if all of them didn't have rifles. Would be some defense against getting rolled over by the german teams in the close quarters fighting of Stalingrad.

I will post, with screenshots, some of the bugs I'm running into with this scenario editor later on.
One thing I would like to mention now about the scenario editor that would help a GREAT deal. The maps are sooo close together in the north that BG placement is close to impossible in some cases. Spreading things out a bit in the north would be a really big help.
This message pops up again and again and again when trying to place BG's, probably because everything is so jumbled up in the north.

I think spreading things out a bit would also solve some of the other inherent problems with the strat editor that I'm running in to as well.

Not trying to overwhelm the mod team. Just getting things out there that would make for big improvements.

This is an excellent mod.

AT_kampf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Wruff wrote:
Jeeze mac. I know you like hearing yourself talk, but double posting now? Okay okay... we hear you. Wink

Yeah. You're right about the reserve placed on the original BG thing. I edited my previous post and scratched that from the post to avoid confusion.

Hey mac. Great points about the over-abundance of small russian teams.
Three man teams are cannon fodder and a wasted slot against the strong german teams.
I'm not a great historian buff, but I know the russians defeated the Wehrmacht at Stalingrad, among other things, largely due to their great numbers of bodies they could throw into the grinder there. Replace some of those 3 man teams with some 9 or 10 man teams. Even if all of them didn't have rifles. Would be some defense against getting rolled over by the german teams in the close quarters fighting of Stalingrad.

I will post, with screenshots, some of the bugs I'm running into with this scenario editor later on.
One thing I would like to mention now about the scenario editor that would help a GREAT deal. The maps are sooo close together in the north that BG placement is close to impossible in some cases. Spreading things out a bit in the north would be a really big help.
This message pops up again and again and again when trying to place BG's, probably because everything is so jumbled up in the north.

I think spreading things out a bit would also solve some of the other inherent problems with the strat editor that I'm running in to as well.

Not trying to overwhelm the mod team. Just getting things out there that would make for big improvements.

This is an excellent mod.

when u drag and drop bg on the map make sure the name of the map apears (on top screen) before you drop it ,,

MarcinT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac wrote:

I'm wondering if the mod team designed the size of the Russian teams with the fact that there were large limitations on weapons and ammo, so some of the troops in those Red squads were just waiting to pick up the rifle of a fallen comrade. But even if this is the case, I personally would still like to see a 10 man unit, even if 2 of those sprites only had knives, at least they could scavage for weapons.

Wow that sounds really good !!! Knives, bayonetes, lack of riffles and ammo - scavening, large numbers of russian --- WOW - just like in Enemy at the Gates - one riffle for two !!! Good thinking !!!

But even without that - this mod is superb !!!

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_kampf wrote:

when u drag and drop bg on the map make sure the name of the map apears (on top screen) before you drop it ,,

Yeah. I did. Again and again. And just tried again to confirm.
STZ West appears on top of screen but the unit drops on STZ Settlements.
I'll try again just now to be sure....
Yep. Did it again. Maps are just too close together.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@everybody,

plz post here only BUGS and MISTAKES, not yer proposals or gratitude.
Whoever wants to propose something,make new thread.
ALL REPLIES NOT CONCERNING BUGS IN THIS TOPIC WILL BE DELETED

@Mac,
in current GC, german reinforcement comes on 15th on most maps so u have 3 battles to capture exit VL.
on 14th only 2 second wave BGs come. On Tsaritsa Woods(BG of 24Pz) and Kuibyshev(BG of 29MID).
in order to c appearence of next waves BGs u need to have maps free of yer BGs.

In 1942 red army squad on paper had 10men.In reality no more than 6-7 due to lack of men.
German inf squad had 10men.PzGren squad had 12 and 14men.
During september at Stalingrad germans had clear advantage in numbers of vehicles,support and men.

@wruff,.
in the future update Editor will be fixed.

For yer information, ENEMY AT THE GATES movie is completely ahistorical and moreover it insults russian veterans.
It was forbidden to be in cinemas in Volgograd(ex-Stalingrad) coz veterans requested.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:31 pm Post subject: after reading all bug reports... Reply with quote

i was going to say the tanks are massive! i drove ferdinands through stalin 3 map years ago that looked smaller then current mk4's! somebody posted "tank graphics are double the size" that explains that!

the 88mm flax truck, then driving left to right, the turrent seems to jump 5 feet forward, then back as it drives along, just a graphics problem, also seems to skinny/narrow to me.

the( zkf )20mm scout car are absolutely devistating! lost 30% of all artillery to them! ive dropped some 40 rds of 8cm morter on them from 200 to 400M away, fired hundrens of mmg and hmg rounds,they wont die! ATGs only time ive killed them.

molotov cocktails, only 2 teams i seen even have them, more in future mods ???? i guess im comparing to my favourite mod ever...RR0822 CCIII.

morters have less ammo then reg ccv,20 rds for russians? lordy done the same in regextra,seems as soon as you start, ammo gone.

the sounds for russian MGs ,notable the 12.7mm dhks is near impossiable to hear, sounds muffled. not the clear thumping in RR.

little thing now, but russian rifles in soldier display, all seem like little black carbines(same as carcino cc3 greece mod).ammo rates seem low, im out within minutes in any game ive played....but it is stalingrad....

LOVE THE MOD, WORTH THE WAIT.

TACK
true russian fan!

espree de corp

Kutsteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:04 am Post subject: phantom deaths Reply with quote

I have seen a couple of times already that enemy units (so far) are being killed by 'something' invisible. 1 particular one stands out as a german command squad 4 bldgs away near a VL indoors were visible to me at start of game after deployment. I watched in amazement as it was just cut down in rapid order AND I HAD NO LOS to them.
I am thinking it is a deployment LOS issue because I had also ordered a smoke screen from mortars and it was way short of it's target area. so maybe an unknown unit had its Kill zone right in front of the Command group that died mysteriously

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

All vehicles have real life dimensions according to size we chose.

Mortars can hardly kill any open-toped(and guns either)in Stalingrad, either way u wouldn't be able to use open-tops as they'd be killed by mortars.
AT Rifles,ATGs,Snipers,HMGs,Small Arms at close can kill crew or blow Armored Cars.

Molotov Kocktail it's finnish name.
Russians called it Bottle of KS(Butylka KS).
Only Irregulars(militia),Assault Groups,AT Teams(Butylochniki) and NKVD Leaders use them.
It was not standart issue weapon of regular infantry.

russian 82mm mortars have less ammo to represent ammo shortage for mortars.

Regular russian rifleman in Stalingrad has 60rnds for his rifle.Irregulars can have more or less. Crews much less.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Having crashes with the Tsarita Woods map in the Grand Campaign. At first I thought it was a bug with the forcepool of that German BG. Adjusted some of the units and I got past the crash. Next day of battle it crashed again when Tsarita Woods came up. After several attempts of changing units from the force pool, still no luck.

Initially it would crash a few minutes into the battle every time consistantly. The next day of battle, after I got it work using alternate force pool units, it crashed instantly without even getting to the deployment screen.

Tried download the Tsarita woods map individually and overrode the map pack files. That doesn't seem to be the issue.

The El Alamein mod for CCV had a simliar bug reported with the forcepool of one Italian BG.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Strat bug: Another one way road.

Crossing 62 to Red Barricades East is a one way road.
Can move units north from Crossing 62 to Red Barricades East, but cannot move units south from Red Barricades East to Crossing 62.
It's a one way path between the two maps leading only to the north.

-

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Map bug...... I think there should be a cliff coded into this area or the pipeline should go underground. Its 1.5meters high everywhere in the area.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappearing BG!

Sick and I started an Op. The 94 and the 138 met in West Stalingrad. It was the first battle played.

At the start of the second half of the first day, the 138 had suddenly disappeared from off of the strat map!

We replayed through it a second time just to see if it was the file, but the same thing happened again...

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalingrad team,

The disappearing BG is due to team size issues. Here is what I found looking at files (Alsteams.adb, Geteams.adb and vehicles.adb).

Alsteams.adb
29 - Soldier list has one too many defined
121 - Team size 5 should 4 to match soldier list and soldier type entries

Geteams.adb
52 - soldier type has one too many defined
55 - soldier type has one too many defined

Vehicles.adb
26 - crew size 2 should be 4 to match geteams.adb
28 - crew size 4 should be 5 to match geteams.adb
80 - crew size 6 should be 5 to match alsteams.adb
81 - crew size 5 should be 6 to match alsteams.adb

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx guys!

Fixed.
looks like we need to release small patch right away with data/btd fixed as these r really affecting gameplay Confused .

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:57 pm Post subject: Re: Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Has anyone else experienced crashes in the Tsarita Woods section of the Grand Campaign?

The rest of the battles so far seem to work fine but that portion of the grand campaign on day 2 and 3 keeps crashing consistantly.

Already tried downloading the individual map. The map files don't seem to be the problem.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps we can wait till someone has completed a GC to be sure all stratmap bugs are detected.
Then a update would be wonderful!!!

I love the mod!

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
Map bug...... I think there should be a cliff coded into this area or the pipeline should go underground. Its 1.5meters high everywhere in the area.

not at all : it is an aerial pipeline and the elevation dont change as it is the element that changes : the elevated pipe line is coded as below bridge to let a los under it and to let the soldiers and vehicles cross this area, the rest of the pipe line is on the ground and is coded as sheet metal wall (I think). the aerial pipe line dissapear as you go under it (roof)
No bug here. Wink

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh.... I see. Thats good.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: