Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
popov_cc

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm Post subject: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

Hi, Everybody.

Months ago, i asked permission from MOOXE in order to show my project. (November 2014).
... Knowing that the day will come when i had to show to the world a full year of work. (stress !)

And this is the Day.

I had to pick a place to start, and since the start i though about here. Even if i  am not active on the Forum, i am a Close Combat Huge fan, and played countless hour since 20 years ago.
The project was started right after a game on Panther in Fog, crying about path-finding.

At the beginning everything was 2D, then things get more and more crazy ... 3D, Nextgen, Shaders, a real working path-finding, etc ... :)

I think about Launching Kickstarter at the very end of this month (Kickstarter will become available in my country MAY/JUNE. I wouldn't miss the date).

Until then, feel free to :
- Ask me anything
- Give me advice
- Tell me if things are wrong
- Tell me if things are nice
- Say what you think (really ! you opinion is my first point of interest)
- Be honest

In the same time you are very very welcome to :
- Share everybody about this project if you like it (This is the most important thing, sharing the info).
- Subscribing the Forum/Facebook/Tweeter .

Dev Blog : https://twitter.com/coelacanthgames
FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coelacanth-Games/311450822391731?fref=ts
Website/Forum : http://coelacanthgames.com/

Coming soon : an Ingame Video and the Kickstarter Goals.

Best Regards
POPOV

popov_cc

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION

PANZER GROUNDS
by
Coelacanth Games

Realistic and historically accurate Multiplayer RTS set in World War Two Era. Sandbox Army creation. With Online Mmo Campaign & evolving army.

THE GAME

A World War Two, Realistic, Real Time Strategy Game (RTS) that will take you to 20th Century Europe in a time of great conflicts and bloody battles.
As a newly recruited regimental commander you will have to face opponents through challenging Battles or Online Campaign. Struggling between being victorious and managing your men and equipments, you'll also have to take care of the climate, difficult grounds, troops morals, losses, experiences and strength.  You will conquer deep into powerful and epic battles during multiples Campaign Operation as written in history books.
Our unique, RTS combat system lets you lure your enemy into ambush, or massive frontline combat like in any tabletop wargame. It will be up to you to choose how and where to defeat your opponent using Strategic sense or strong and hard forces. All of this and more brought to life attractively with next-gen visuals on Unity Engine.

Summary :
(Release dates could be shortened depending on the Crowdfunding)
. Planned platforms: PC, Mac*, Linux*
. Alpha Demo Tech Release date : 2015
. Multiplayer Beta Release date : 2016
. Release date:  2016 on PC

* Porting will influence release date there.

FEATURES

- Create your own Battlegroup among the available nations according to a specific year. It will be up to you to decide which units are more fitted to your convenience and style. From Reece infantry platoon to large Heavy Tank Company : Built your own force. Choices will be large and historically accurate .

- Take part in massively multiplayer campaigns. In addition to the classical Team Death Match, and for each period unlocked through the crowdfunding, there will be a Multiplayer Campaign.

- Large, Historically realistic battlefield.  Original Topography restored from reality allows to literally brought back most of the historical and famous battlefields to life.

- Immerse into World war 2 : As a commander you'll be able to take a close look at your units as well as you could zoom out to enjoy a very far view of the Map, which size could be up to 900km² . Allowing you to have a better understanding of the whole battle.

- See you troops evolve, and improve your Battlegroup. After each battle played in multiplayer Campaigns : Wounds your mens, send them to rest, give them better equipments or reward the heroes, it will be up to you to decide the destiny of your forces.

- Life on the front is not predictable, world is alive : During the battle you will receive random missions from your HQ. Inhabitants/Partisans to interfere, bridge to repair, a minefield to clear. This is only by accomplishing those regulars missions that you'll be rewarded by unlocking more reinforcements during the battle.

- Accurate and Historical Units characteristics :  Speed, Reliability, Gun Penetration, Armors, ... Know your units, know your strength. The game is simulator oriented. When hit, units are wounded or killed. You will have to act wisely in each situation.

- A large choice of  Historical Units and Materials :
For each year unlocked, all major troops, and Company Formations available at the time will be available in game. From Light vehicles, to Planes and Airborne units.

- Climate, will be an important part of the game : "General Winter and his friends" will impact dramatically your troops on the battlefield. Muds, Rain, Dust, Snow, you'll have to take care at what unit you are deploying and where.

- Morale influences & Commanding : As you don't want your troops to Surrender, or be Demoralised, you'll have manage them carefully. You'll never know what could happen by giving suicidal order to your troops, even the better hardened units could break or being Frenetic.

STRETCH GOALS
To Fill - Goals for Kickstarter

A DIFFERENT KIND OF RTS

INTRO :

Tired by too much "Fun-Arcadish" Games. Sick of building base in order to produce troops. Annoyed to see soldier surviving an explosion just because they it have a regenerating life gauge. But also totally lost with too much "Uber-complicated" strategic game.

Panzer Grounds could be the perfect mix to you.

The purpose of Panzer Grounds is to allow Fun and Simplicity for anyone to join. And at the same time to bring everyone every realistic and historical details of the battlefield.

We felt it was time for people to discover what the World war 2 was really made of. To see how looked like Omaha Beach, Stalingrad, El Alamein, by playing an enjoyable game with : “Full details On”.

Panzer Grounds is also deeply inspired by "Close Combat Serie" the game, developed at start by "Atomic Game" (1993).

The spirit of this old kind of game needed to be brought back to everyone by mixing and modernizing it with good games mechanics, like "Wargame Escalation" or even famous 15mm Tabletop Wargame with painted miniatures like "Flames of War".

GAMEPLAY :

Challenge Mode :

In this Gameplay you will have to face one or more opponents. Each player will face his enemy with an equivalent Custom Deck (Custom Army) in term of points.
Each Deck is up to 8 Company (A Company is approximatively 100mens, or 20 tanks).

When you start the battle, you are only allowed to unlock and buy troops from One of your Company.

This will be only by accomplishing side mission from your HeadQuarter, like : Recognizing an area, destroying a bridge, bringing supply to a specific place, etc ... that you will unlock more Companies.

All along the battle your opponents and you will receive Points to buy units from all the Companies you have unlock. The main battle objectives are capturing Major area on the field.

Capturing area is easy, you have to bring enough troops on it to reclaim it.
Exemple : Dimitrov village, needs 200 points of men to be hold. When you suffer lost on that point and get lower than 200 points of men you lose control
The longer you hold Major area, the higher you score will be. At the end of the Battle Timer, Higher score Win.

You understand now, why  customizing companies and unlocking them at the perfect time will be crucial.

Campaign Mode :

The Campaign Mode is basically the same that the Challenge Mode. But there is a major difference about your Army. It doesn't have to be Equal in term of Points before the battle.

Every Player will starts the campaign with the same kind of Deck (Army), and according to you victories or defeats, your Deck will increase or decrease in term of quality and quantity.

In this mode, everything is recorded, and you'll keep your “Custom Deck” as long as you don't disband it. You will have to wounds your mens, send them to rest, give them better equipments, reward the heroes, and so on.
Each battle results are send to the Campaign online Map which will represent the overhaul advancement of a Nation amongst an other.

TECHNOLOGY

Panzer Grounds is developed with Unity 4 Engine

Unity engine is a great game development software. It commonly supports the development of the greatest indie games like :  "Kerbal Space Program",  "Besiege" and even larger multiplayer projects like the Mmo : "Rust".

Unity Showcase 2015 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpPpRgl0U1I
Unity Galery : https://unity3d.com/showcase/gallery

( Far Distance : 240.000 Trees at 100FPS, With Colormap and Baked Shadows )

( Close Distance : With Normal High Blending, Grasses, Dynamic shadows )

WHO ARE WE

POPOV

Former Ubisoft Graphic Technical Director.
Experience 10+ years, starting as 2D/3D Artist

“There isn't a day where i didn't get a new idea or new project in mind”.
But, handling a whole videogame production by its own is nearly impossible. It took me a whole year of work to introduce you Panzer Grounds.

I had to get through a lot of processes, from Pathfinding to Multiplayer.
Sometimes, i shared my progress, and you can have a short look here :

Dev Blog : https://twitter.com/coelacanthgames
FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coelacanth-Games/311450822391731?fref=ts
Website/Forum : http://coelacanthgames.com/

WHY KICKSTARTER

A small Studio is usually about five to fifteen people, and developing something to show on Kickstarter usually take something like 12 to 18 months for those small teams. As i said before, it took me a year, alone, to bring you what you've just seen.

It may sounds obvious, but producing a video-game on its own is barely possible.
Unless you are working on a very small project or if you get super-powers !

Fortunately, this year was very productive, and the project is ready to be achieved. Pathfinding, Smart Unit Targeting, NextGen Shaders, Databases, Stable multiplayer and every standards that actual games have, are already working.

As you can understand now. For me, starting a Kickstarter Crowdfunding Project is mainly intended to get financials in order to hire talented people and ... hopefully funding a Studio crowded by "Gentlemen" and "Gentlewomen" to produce a long serie of great games over the years.

Commencing by Panzer Grounds.

Thanks you.

Last edited by popov_cc on Thu May 21, 2015 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:53 pm Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

First, I must admire that you have all done yourself and it already looks shiny. A Suggestion would be: Create historically realistic units and place icons on vehicles.
For marketing the game, I would recommend that, you could also post youtube comments under Videos which are about WWII, WWII scale plastic tank models building etc. There are actually more people than we think who are interested in WWII realism. I suppose people might get interested or give you ideas...

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:33 am Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

Very good. But at my opinion kick starter is a swindle. I do not recomend to anybody pay or give money by nothing unfinished.

If you want start a game, a real game, you can try enter steam greenlight and next if the public like your game, you can start selling a early access game by example.

At the end, first make the game and next sell us it. I do not go to give you a coin by nothing.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:35 pm Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

This is looking very nice. Which games do you think you will be competing with?
Does the game cover ww2 from 1939 to 1945?

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

popov_cc

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
This is looking very nice. Which games do you think you will be competing with?
Does the game cover ww2 from 1939 to 1945?

Hi ! Thanks.

- Wargame Escalation/Red Dragon would be the most similar game in term of graphics at the end.
- It is intended to cover 1939 to 1946 (1946 would be a post war uchronia, or maybe about last group of german resistance in russia). But, it will be all about the Goals achieved during the pledge campaign.
More years, more fronts are obviously asking for more time to develop, and more people, ... and money.

- To answer you more clearly, the First Goal will be about the Russian Front, very probably mid-war.

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
First, I must admire that you have all done yourself and it already looks shiny. A Suggestion would be: Create historically realistic units and place icons on vehicles.
For marketing the game, I would recommend that, you could also post youtube comments under Videos which are about WWII, WWII scale plastic tank models building etc. There are actually more people than we think who are interested in WWII realism. I suppose people might get interested or give you ideas...

Thanks you, for that tips. I will seriously think about it.

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Very good. But at my opinion kick starter is a swindle. I do not recomend to anybody pay or give money by nothing unfinished.

If you want start a game, a real game, you can try enter steam greenlight and next if the public like your game, you can start selling a early access game by example.

At the end, first make the game and next sell us it. I do not go to give you a coin by nothing.

This is your opinion, and i respect that.
Also, a lot of great video-games (and also any kind of projects) wouldn't have existed (be released) without community support and pledge campaign. Sometimes this is just about "If you don't pledge it, nobody will produce that game, so ... if you wanna play it some day, give it a try"

Thanks you all

popov_cc

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:11 am Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

Here we are !
Project is now live on Kickstarter :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1645225223/panzer-grounds

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:44 am Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

I think the new CC (CC roundabout) is using the unity engine?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:13 am Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

You are trying to raise a minimum of 250,000 dollars in little over a month? How could that be a realistic target?
I don't understand why someone with your experience in the gaming industry is not able to find a few like-minded people that know where to get the funding for such a project.
Still, I wish you good luck. Hope you pull it off.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:31 pm Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
I think the new CC (CC roundabout) is using the unity engine?

Good to see you are still coming by for a look/post Shrecken.

From what I've read I believe you are correct that the new CC will use the Unity engine.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:40 am Post subject: Re: PANZER GROUNDS - PRE-KICKSTARTER PROJECT PRESENTATION Reply with quote

But the new CC will use a top down view?

This Kickstarter stuff looks way too good, so I will just stick with what I have now.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: