Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:16 am Post subject: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

How many are planning on moving over to the 10? New OS releases always seem little buggy for a couple of years. I think I will stay on windows 7. Do you think it will cause some CC stuff to become messed up? There is an old saying
"If it's not broke don't fix it".

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

It is well known that for a good windows version you have to skip the one after the last good one, I don't know how to express that idea too well so here's a graph:

win98->skip->winxp->skip->win7->skip->win10

Plus it is free! (supposedly) so I'm in

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:27 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

I am still confused, have win7 on desktop, win8 on laptop. They say it will be a free upgrade. But, my fear is what if the new version is buggy and have problems running CC?

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
It is well known that for a good windows version you have to skip the one after the last good one, I don't know how to express that idea too well so here's a graph:

Great point on it being free (for those with post Win7 systems), but for anyone who doesn't use apps, facebook, blah, blah, blah, that microsoft wants you to use along with it with today's fast paced "enlightened new order"? Why?

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:28 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

I thought it was free for only Windows 8 users. Well, I've reserved mine anyway. I wonder if CC TBF will be able to run on that comfortably, without any bugs...

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

I'm still running Vista  Embarassed
But I'm looking at a new system in a few weeks and I'm specifying Win 7 64bit.
I suppose I'll get asked then, so I need all you other guys to test it out for me first  Wink

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):

I thought it was free for only Windows 8 users. Well, I've reserved mine anyway. I wonder if CC TBF will be able to run on that comfortably, without any bugs...

They (Microsoft) origianlly said everyone who signed up for the beta.. Then quickly changed their minds after realizing would loses their rumpuses.. So even XP and earlier machines capable of running it would get it, for people signeing up. Now? People with LEGAL licenses of Win7 and SP1 and later ONLY get it for free who sign up.

Here is a good article fro TheWindowsclub explaining the entire ordeal windows did on this:

Free Windows 10

Link also explains how to go about getting free windows 10 legally in case anyone else is interested

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

I plan on running it on 3 windows 7 computers. I  have two xp computers to play on just in case and a spare windows 7 laptop

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm currently running on the windows 10 pro insider preview and it works just fine in my opinion. Also cc5 trough PiTF work just fine on the system. So there is no reason for me not to. The current build works just fine for me except for some minor bluetooth issues.

Cheers,

Buck

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:34 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Yup, but I milked xp from it's inception until 2 days ago, when I got a Win 7 system.

So, CCMT lives on. Matrix will never make a game that exceeds my own WW2 mod. Runs smooth as silk on low end Win 7 Pro desktop system.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:28 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

It is amazing to moi how these CC games persist. It maybe the one game where I get in 20 years of playing the same ole maps.  Shocked

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:19 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Ok, so I continue on Win 7. I am glad to hear CC works with Win 10.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:57 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Hey Buck, are you running in windowed mode? If I run full screen in Windows 10 for COI, WAR, TLD or LSA the colors are wrong. I heard about this for some people when they went to Windows 8.x. I did post in the Matrix forum to complain (again)....

I have a Nvidia card but I don't think an AMD card will be different as it seems to be more of an DirectX or OS thing....

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:10 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Hey Buck, are you running in windowed mode? If I run full screen in Windows 10 for COI, WAR, TLD or LSA the colors are wrong. I heard about this for some people when they went to Windows 8.x. I did post in the Matrix forum to complain (again)....

I have a Nvidia card but I don't think an AMD card will be different as it seems to be more of an DirectX or OS thing....

Tejszd, I switched to win10 and having the same problem. Even CC2, CC3 and CC5 works smoothly, not to mention GTC, however, there is the flipped colors error with in-between releases namely, TLD, LSA and CCMT. The screen is also scaled half and docked left. My Graphic card is NVIDIA geforce g210.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:36 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Tejszd, I switched to win10 and having the same problem. Even CC2, CC3 and CC5 works smoothly, not to mention GTC, however, there is the flipped colors error with in-between releases namely, TLD, LSA and CCMT. The screen is also scaled half and docked left. My Graphic card is NVIDIA geforce g210.

I have wrote to the developers a long time ago about this with Windows 8. All you need to do is run in 'Windowed' mode. To do this, just hold down the 'CTRL' key while clicking on the CC .exe file, then it should appear with the settings for that game.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

color fix try this.

Before playing the game you have to create a color fix file and place it in the game folder. To create the file follow the steps.

Copy the following code below and paste it in notepad.

rem First kill Explorer.exe, which messes up the colors
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe

rem Change to the application directory
cd C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Panthers in the Fog (or whatever the folder path is)

rem run the application
whateveryourgame.exe

rem Wait for the game to quit, press Enter to continue
pause

rem Restart Explorer.exe
start explorer.exe
exit

Now save the file as cc.bat. Its done, now paste this file in your cc game of choice game folder. It will close windows explorer while game is running and restart it when finished and should fix washout.

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

@rodmorg
Solution works but toolbar while playing is annoying. But Better than nothing. (Edit: well actually I discovered if you check auto hide toolbar from properties before you start the game, you get the windowed mode like full screen, nice...)

@vobbnobb
the .bat file did kill explorer.exe, started the game and then restarted explorer.exe upon quit properly. But there was no change in color problem. That is probably due to fact that, NVIDIA is messing the games which run in full-screen mode.

Thanks guys...

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

^ You are right.  The games were really not made to play on these newer machines with constant updates to cards etc.

try to go into nvidia control panel for that game profile and turn everything to off, then try it with the .batch file again?

1/2 of the cc problem stuff is game profiles set too high for 2D/3D cc stuff.

I can't replicate your problem on windows 7 home premium all my cc games run perfect and I just upgraded a graphics card. I do recall that happening to one cc game but i patched it to latest and it solved itself.

It may be a faulty driver install or just plain windows 10.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

I only just upgraded to a new box with 8.1  I wont go to win 10 yet, no need to.
I'm always late to the tech party, but I dont mind.
I can still remember a work colleague years ago who lined up at midnight to get a copy of Win 95! I remember thinking "why?"
I'm not against it, it's just not that important to me.............

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

@pvt_grunt
well actually, win10 had better performance and showed better versatility than win8.
@voobnoob
I think for nvidia, windowed mode is better option than switching from control panel, because from nvidia forums I realized that the problem with nvidia in full screen mode is induced by something embedded in driver and can't easily be fixed.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: