Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
jockthesock

Rep: 48.4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:55 pm Post subject: Abs. The power to change. Reply with quote

Many like myself looked at PitF, and said WTF.
Yet after many days in the abs files I changed the composition of every unit, and opened up all the boxes. I also changed the unit strength percentages to 100% ie.1. but I also like the fact that after building a battle group you can reduce the percentage strength overall and/or on individual days.
The main changes was to have in the bottom support box a choice of only support units. ie:- a A/T Plt, Heavy Wpns Plt, Recce Plt, Eng Plt, Howizers, Flame veh etc.
A typical A/T Platoon would have 2 light, 2 med, and 2 heavy A/T guns. You can have one or twenty one of those plts depending on how strong you wanted the Battle group to be.
In the top and centre box I deploy the infantry and tanks. The choices were a 7 squad inf plt, or 2 or 3 recce veh with inf filling the rest of the slots, 2 or 3 tanks or T/D with the inf filling up the rest of the slots.
So the choices for the top two boxes in a basic Battle Group could consist of :- 1 inf coy (7 Squads).
                                                                                                               1 recce coy ( 2 arm cars, 1 leader team, 1 5cm mort team, 2 rifle teams, 1 bar team).
                                                                                                               1 Med tank coy (1 Sherman 76mm, 2 Sherman 75mm, 1 Leader team, 2 rifle teams, 1 bar team).
                                                                                                               1 T/D coy ( 3 M10s, 1 Leader team, 1 rifle team, 1 bar team, 1 bazooka team).

And in the support box you can pick and mix ie:- 1 mort veh, 1 flame eng squad, 1 hmg, 1 75mm A/T gun, 1 105 how, 1 50mm A/T gun, 1 Leader squad.
To flesh it all out you can add as many units as you like ie:- 10 inf coys, 3 recce coys, 5 med tank coys, 4 T/D coys.
It's totally flexible. The types of Battle groups I fielded were Armour (tank heavy), Inf (inf heavy), T/D (m10, m18), Recce.
A tank heavy BG would have 3 tanks per coy, veh mnt morts and fewer A/T guns available, where as the Inf BG would have only 2 tanks per coy,mort squads and more A/T.
The Recce BG would have more morts on call and eng teams.
The ability to change a game through the abs seems to be overlooked on the forums. Some may feel that the game out of the box is historicaly accurate and it would be wrong to change it. It's a game, game playability comes first.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Abs. The power to change. Reply with quote

Would like to try this. Can you share your files?

Thanks

jockthesock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: Abs. The power to change. Reply with quote

Would like to share, but don't know how to go about it. The attachment box doesn't accept txt files. perhaps you can help?

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: Abs. The power to change. Reply with quote

Yes, you can zip the files and attach the zip file here.

jockthesock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: Abs. The power to change. Reply with quote

Ok, let me know if you get it.

Abs.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Abs.zip
 Filesize:  42.68 KB
 Downloaded:  512 Time(s)

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:50 am Post subject: Re: Abs. The power to change. Reply with quote

Got them.

Will try them now.

thanks!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info

Jump to: