Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Pete wrote (View Post):
[I asked Sulla this question on the cso forums and he has answered meanwhile. Seems like he is sincere about his latest ambition. I would find it strange if he'd make a public announcement without having passed a certain stage in the development process. So I am assuming that the necessary contracts have been signed.

Thanks Pete.

With all the stuff Sulla has been through, me thinks I wish him success in all things CC.

Me too. I am not the kind of person that wants people to fail or mocks people for trying. I hope he succeeds in creating a next generation Close Combat. A true fan of the series would welcome his project.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:34 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

I hope they are not empty promises, but I am really waiting for perfecting the CC game. Matrix always seem to be working towards it, but then take its sideway (removing features, implementing new ones, introducing new bugs) and discontinue support/bugfixing for the previous game. Rinse, repeat. I am willing to give anybody the benefit of the doubt at this point, so I welcome the initiative very much.

Apart from the historical/realistic combat simulations, what I would really would want are enough teams to fill the big maps (20/25+), multiplayer focus (2x1, 2x2, 3x2, 3x3) and different game types present in modern games, LSA battle group movements/merging, and lots of things customizable via the GUI (incl. strategic map). GL to the team.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
I am willing to give anybody the benefit of the doubt at this point, so I welcome the initiative very much.

We do that with modding, so why not with Sulla's effort as well.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

I'd like to see options for how aggressive the Ai is, like defensive and attacking and a extremely detailed editor, like the GEM editor for the Men of War series and Call to Arms.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
So can anyone answer the other questions?

2. How can CSO distribute LSA maps?

3. How can CCS distribute PiTF maps?

So, does anybody have an explanation to these questions?

Does distributing these maps constitute piracy?

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:05 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
kweniston wrote (View Post):
I am willing to give anybody the benefit of the doubt at this point, so I welcome the initiative very much.

We do that with modding, so why not with Sulla's effort as well.

Sulla is not a friend from mods. The main reason because we had not seen more mods the past years, it is because he hired to most of the people developing new mods for CC games. After it, these people were working with him some of time, next when these people were again out the Sulla´s company, they were not more modders and they left the community.

At the end, we did not see finished a lot of mods thanks to Sulla.

About Matrix, people are wrong charging against them, they were not more than the publishers. All the changes and bad changes were from Sulla.

What happened now and why Sulla´s is not at Slitherine´s team? because Sulla´s had not any license from CC games. Probably it was lost in the hand from Destineer after Atomic games (again Sulla team) wasted $6 millions at nothing. Sulla was expulsed from the Slitherine´s team because he is nothing, only a leech, he is not a coder, graphic designer, sound designer or any other feature neccesary in the creation from a game and clearly, he is not a good administrator. He had his chance.

Now, I put more my hopes in the Slitherine work than a childish revenge from Sulla.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
So can anyone answer the other questions?

2. How can CSO distribute LSA maps?

3. How can CCS distribute PiTF maps?

So, does anybody have an explanation to these questions?

Does distributing these maps constitute piracy?

You may need to ask that question at CSO. Shaun Wallace was one of the directors(?) of SIMTEK which had rights to CC code. They made they original CCMarines which later became CCRAF and CCMT - your favorite.
There were some USMC personnel involved as well and some very good maps were made, but it only lasted a few years as a commercial venture. One of their programmers is still around.....
Shaun may still have rights to the code, but you need to ask him as I was not directly involved.

CSO was originally a CC3 gaming clan which grew into one of the main CC sites for years, thats where I first met Mooxe, Tejszd, Dima, Firefox, Sapa and many other CC warriors. - Good times when GJS was first released!

I need to fire up CC4 again one day for a WAR mod...............

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
of SIMTEK which had rights to CC code.

Had it? probably they had the code but only because probably it was written by Steve or other old coder. But it does not say how they had the rights about Close Combat games. I have been following this thread by years and I believe how the lisence was lost with Destineer and I do not believe how Matrix bought it to Destineer because if Matrix or Slitherine had more than one the original coder working with them, they had closed better to Sulla.

In the same way, if Sulla had the rights about the code or Close Combat games, if he had been friendly with mods, he had made free the original code from CC games. But nothing of these things have happened.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:15 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Shaun Wallace was one of the directors(?) of SIMTEK which had rights to CC code. They made they original CCMarines which later became CCRAF and CCMT - your favorite.

Thanks pvt_Grunt.

I could say what I am thinking, but of course I would be guessing. But there are people here at CCS that could clarify this issue.

I thought Shaun Wallace (Simtek), developed CCM under contract with USMC.

LSA was developed by Black Hand (not Shawn or Simtek), and therefore a completely different product arrangement.

There is no proprietary link between the owners of CCM (whoever they are) and LSA (which included its code and other materials, like it's maps).

So unless Matrix had a contract or a portion of a contract with Shaun that allowed for Shaun to maintain and distribute maps from his own site or repository (for same), then something is off. I believe that Shaun was very interested in this map repository.

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:24 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Divide the saga never is good.

But I do not wait nothing good coming from Sulla. First, he is not coder, graphic designer or anything, his unique skill is waste money. Second, he has not more than the old code from CC games and at words from Steve (from Matrix/Slitherine), the old code is bad and old.

Third, I do not go to make a mod at his game because clearly it will be a poor old game, very similar to the previous old CC games and I am tired from fight against these old things with thousands of problems and a lot of neccesary work. Of course I will not edit a game without a good IA.

Fourth, Sulla sold us the CC WAR, CC TLD, COI and CC LSA. He lied us, by the way CC games lost thousands of players and at this moment the community is a bit dead.

These are the numbers from Sulla.

For end, it is funny, Sulla is bullshit. He wrote this.......
Quote:
Taking the time to build a proper and complete successor to the original CC games, that should have arrived years ago.

And who was the responsible from create a new game? him.

Only after expulse him from Matrix/Slitherine, they could work at a new game. Even after he was expulsed, he started to see new additions as the 32bits at CC games. While Sulla was at charge, there were not more additions. only remakes from old games.

Nomada,

I take offense at that for Shaun.. TLD especially so was a popular game, not to mention the one you left out. COI.

Most games do not retain long term popularity, unless they have a cult like following which CC has always had and think TLD has retained that, just like COI does. Both of those games might not be monetary home runs, but they have a fairly large number of players and it is doubtful that the series was ever going to hit upon a CC3 popular type game again. Styles change and they beat that horse until it was dead.

Werf

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:49 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

And johnsilver,

To that I will add, that once upon a time (I suppose during development of WAR?) that Shaun became ill. It wasn't until much later the I learned the extent of this illness.

I ended up with CCMT, and me thinks it one of the best CC experiences I have enjoyed.

So to Sulla, thanks ... a lot.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:04 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Continue giving thanks to the devil and the CC series will be dead very soon.

This guy and his friends wasted 6 millions of dollars..........

They sold us re-makes from very old games as new games..........

They could not make a new CC game even when they had the resources.........

Yes a great proyect leader........come on...........

Now you can continue kissing his ass.

Fortunately for us, many people will not agree with you.........

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:37 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

They sold us re-makes from very old games as new games..........Now you can continue kissing his ass.

BTW, for a while that was the Matrix business model.

So, is CCMT a remake?

Also, as I general rule, I don't kiss ass. But that occurs to you from familiarity?

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:24 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Talking about kissing ass: well, isn't that a typical case of the pot calling the kettle black. The Bloody First does not have a bigger fan on the forums than Firefox. And all we have seen is a handful of screenshots and forum messages by Matrix' staff.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:45 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Yes, I am very active at Matrix forums. But everybody know how I do not take sides. If they make a shit of game, I do not go to kiss them.

However, I visit more Matrix and Slitherine forums because there are not trolls as many of you and everybody is a accepted by equal.

Things which we can not say from some of you..........

CCMT was a remake because it was made with the same engine published years ago..........and they tried sell us a lot of new features when the most important never changed. The IA always was a shit and the graphics always were the same..........

It is funny because only after the arrive from Slitherine, we started to see real changes as the 32bits graphics.

About why have we seen more than two screenshots from Bloody First but they answer all our questions? if I had a old employed malcontent trying make a clone from our game, perhaps I would not publish anything. However, Steve has answered eveything which we have asked him with good details and they do not want publish screenshot before they finish at 100% the graphics.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:26 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Yes, I am very active at Matrix forums. But everybody know how I do not take sides.

Normanda, you do take sides  Laughing

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
They sold us re-makes from very old games as new games..........Now you can continue kissing his ass.

BTW, for a while that was the Matrix business model.

So, is CCMT a remake?

Also, as I general rule, I don't kiss ass. But that occurs to you from familiarity?

CCMT is like a 'mix up' of Marines and RAF Regiment and Road to Baghdad all in one game - and sold to the public (with the exception of Baghdad).

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:29 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

This game would be a other of the other remake of CCMT with a system for create campaigns type CC3.......

Sorry....i had a dream;)

heia Safari!!

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:58 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
This game would be a other of the other remake of CCMT with a system for create campaigns type CC3.......

Sorry....i had a dream;)

I'm with you there Legion.. CCMT dearly needs the campaigns.. I bought it from Matrix several months back.. Stwa warned me it was missing the campaign option, I didn't think it would be that much of an issue personally, but it's a bigger "hole" to me than I thought. Putting together skirmishes just isn't my thing..

The campaign SHOULD have been added to CCMT.. SHAME on Matrix for that oversight!

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
CCMT is like a 'mix up' of Marines and RAF Regiment and Road to Baghdad all in one game - and sold to the public (with the exception of Baghdad).

Right but was CCM and CCRAF sold to the public? And RTB was only sold for a few weeks or months.

So, as a consumer I was not able to purchase these games. And BTW, the first release of CCMT, did not possess CCRAF like data (soldiers, teams, weapons, and vehicles).

So CCM(T) is not a re-make as far as a consumer is concerned. It was only offered by Matrix in 2007, and before that, it was never offered.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop -> Art of Combat
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: