Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
jockthesock

Rep: 48.4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:58 pm Post subject: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

Is there a way using the abs files to restrict employment of teams in each platoon. eg:- a support plt, a armour plt and an infantry plt. I noticed in the BGroup ab that there are 15 columns grouped 1 to 5, 6 to 10, and 12 to 15, is there a way of locking this in?

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

There's a way to suggest to the game on how to fill those unit slots in the BG requisition screen by type of unit like you mention in the Battlegroup file.

And I think there's an option to lock the requisition of units a la CC4 somewhere in the campaign file.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

Kanov is right but this will lock your units too. ie No possibilities to change out any teams by yourself.

I believe if you lock the BG's with the option in the campaign.txt the game will fill your for example tank "designated" slots with another unit type if there are no more tanks in the FP.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Kanov is right but this will lock your units too. ie No possibilities to change out any teams by yourself.

I believe if you lock the BG's with the option in the campaign.txt the game will fill your for example tank "designated" slots with another unit type if there are no more tanks in the FP.

I have seen that happened when the battlegroups were no locked too.

jockthesock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

Cheers for that, I guess I just wanted it both ways.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

jockthesock wrote (View Post):
Is there a way using the abs files to restrict employment of teams in each platoon. eg:- a support plt, a armour plt and an infantry plt. I noticed in the BGroup ab that there are 15 columns grouped 1 to 5, 6 to 10, and 12 to 15, is there a way of locking this in?

Yes the first part is possible. Locking this , I don't know about WaR because I do not own it and the workbook does not contain a campaign.txt file in which in TLD or LSA etc. you can lock the battle groups as in CC4. You should download the WaR workbook for details. http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4066  
Looking at LSA data I'd guess that it is part of the game, because of the way the point system and 'buying' of teams works. In TLD you can lock the BG slots by entering -1 in a slot and I assume that this works in successive versions as well. However, like I said, I do not own WaR and cannot confirm any of this.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

jockthesock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

Acting on platoon Michael's tip, I've now downloaded Stock mod workbook and WaR stock mod. Had a quick try and seems to be running good. IA surprised me with their bazookas and I lost a couple of Panthers on the try out.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Reply with quote

jockthesock wrote (View Post):
Acting on platoon Michael's tip, I've now downloaded Stock mod workbook and WaR stock mod. Had a quick try and seems to be running good. IA surprised me with their bazookas and I lost a couple of Panthers on the try out.

Last year (or was it the year before that), I was trying out CC4 Classic, so I selected the Margaret battle and played as the Americans.

The battle took place in less than 10 minutes. My force was basically wiped out. I never saw any German Vehicles, or Germans for that matter.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: