Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
CCMT dearly needs the campaigns.. I bought it from Matrix several months back.. Stwa warned me it was missing the campaign option, I didn't think it would be that much of an issue personally, but it's a bigger "hole" to me than I thought. Putting together skirmishes just isn't my thing..The campaign SHOULD have been added to CCMT.. SHAME on Matrix for that oversight!

CCMT was a tactical trainer that was used by the USMC for a period of years. IT IS NOT A GAME.

These are its attributes that made me want to buy it and use it. This trainer pits ARMY against OPFOR. Users that want a game, have plenty to choose from, and should STOP WHINING about CCMT.

If the developer yields to this campaign nonsense (see above), then the user community will want the developers to make CCMT into an ARCADE game, like every other CC title since CC5.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Well - in my opinion - it is and I'm thinking of buying it soon to see if it's any good.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

1. Cross of Iron
2. CCMT
3. The others

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

I agree with Brake and his assessment.

And btw, weren't these titles developed by Shaun Wallace?

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Shaun Wallace (I'm guessing is 'Sulla') has been the project manager for Modern Tactics (Production). He's been the Serious Games Project Manager for The Longest Day (Business) and Last Stand Arnhem (Production) and president for Cross of Iron (Business).

I found these when you look on his profile at CloseCombat.org and under 'Games I Have Worked On'

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Shaun Wallace (I'm guessing is 'Sulla') has been the project manager for Modern Tactics (Production). He's been the Serious Games Project Manager for The Longest Day (Business) and Last Stand Arnhem (Production) and president for Cross of Iron (Business).

I found these when you look on his profile at CloseCombat.org and under 'Games I Have Worked On'

So, translated, you meant YES.  Question

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Yeah  Laughing

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:54 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Sounds like a new engine is being built with a heavy focus on the strategic layer. Very few around here wanted more details in the strat layer. CC5 was enough IMO, just enough to have a bit of a chess game and block your opponents supply. The strategy and close combat are basically to separate games and one should be kept as low key as possible. I am going to estimate two years before it sees the light of day. Asking for another wishlist as well... been so many of those. Its really hard to get behind something like this. We did wishlists for like EVERY re-release.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:05 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Sounds like a new engine is being built with a heavy focus on the strategic layer. Very few around here wanted more details in the strat layer. CC5 was enough IMO, just enough to have a bit of a chess game and block your opponents supply. The strategy and close combat are basically to separate games and one should be kept as low key as possible. I am going to estimate two years before it sees the light of day. Asking for another wishlist as well... been so many of those. Its really hard to get behind something like this. We did wishlists for like EVERY re-release.

If he needs make a new engine, at two years.........., it goes to need more time.......look Bloody First, they did not made the engine and they needed more of two years.

Other points would be......who will publish it? clearly Matrix no and there are not a lot of game publishers in the world.

Is Sulla thinking how one publisher will pay him by the creation from a new game? probably he is dreaming, with his numbers, I do not see anybody giving more money to Sulla.

About CCMT, CCRAF, Road to Bagdad. Many of you people are making a big mistake, you put them as different games when all them were the same game with a few changes. In fact Sulla and their friends and non-friends as Slitherine have been selling us the same game for more of 15 years. Just because they made changes in graphics, they are not a different game.

Quote:
Normanda, you do take sides

I do not take sides because I judge by equal to everybody.

Quote:
And btw, weren't these titles developed by Shaun Wallace?

COI is a remake from CC3.

From my point of view Sulla has not made a shit, the big creator from CC games was Keith and Sulla only has made re-makes, bad re-makes when even with the past of many years, he could not make nothing more than graphic changes and very few new additions or real improves. By example, they were selling us for years a new IA but...........the IA from all the CC games from CC4 to CC GTC is exactly equal of bad. COI is better but COI is CC3 with very few changes.

At the end, in the words from Steve and Slitherine people, the code from these CC games were a shit where the graphics and the data did not run very well at same time and it does not accept very well any change. Now if Sulla wants a new game, he should not use the shit of the old code.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:45 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

I'd say about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 years. You know how unreliable the recent releases have been when it comes to them actually being released

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

And also take into consideration several years (2) after the system is released. In the first decade (2000-2009), I used to say wait 1 year after the release. But now I say, wait two years.

That explains why I am not concerned at all by the pending release of TBF.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
About CCMT, CCRAF, Road to Bagdad. Many of you people are making a big mistake, you put them as different games when all them were the same game with a few changes. In fact Sulla and their friends and non-friends as Slitherine have been selling us the same game for more of 15 years. Just because they made changes in graphics, they are not a different game.

Sulla never tried to sell me CCM, CCRAF, or even RTB. I could only purchase CCMT beginning 2007.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

COI is a remake from CC3.

Precisely, that is its main feature and selling point.  Exclamation

And Matrix explained that to us in the forums before they started selling COI.

The same kind of thing happened with The Operational Art of War (TOAW III).

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:41 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Well - in my opinion - it is [a game] and I'm thinking of buying it soon to see if it's any good.

As a tactical trainer, CCMT is good.

As a game, CCMT sucks.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:08 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Well - in my opinion - it is [a game] and I'm thinking of buying it soon to see if it's any good.

As a tactical trainer, CCMT is good.

As a game, CCMT sucks.

Because there's no campaign right?

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:20 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Because there's no campaign right?

CCMT is not that arcadie. And most CC gamers need an arcade game. Think movement rates in Rome Total War. Infantry speeds perhaps up to 30 mph. CC players have become accustom to the high rates of speed. In CC4 Classic, most of my games against the AI took less than 10 minutes, and I was the loser.

CCMT has the most lethal weapons, nevertheless firefights can be protracted. This is unacceptable to most CC gamers, who are generally using WW2 weapons with less lethality, but with firefights which might resolve themselves in seconds rather than minutes.

CCMT does not support run through and shoot through walls. This again is unacceptable to the CC gaming community, because it makes assaulting structures more dangerous. Most CC gamers want their troops to blow through walls and instantly appear on the inside of a structure as if they were ghosts, and then be able to shoot up the defenders, like a Hollywood movie.

CCMT does not award medals to individual soldiers. This is generally a show stopper for most CC gamers. But since there are no medals, you can stop abbreviating their textual role or rank identifier. Since even this would require a mod, it would hardly compensate most gamers for the missing medals.

CCMT enforces what most CC gamers refer to as "Girly Soldiers". An innovation that helps to create some parity between the human player and the AI. This is totally unacceptable to most CC gamers. CC gamers only enjoy one type of single player games. That is Human Player Attacker vs Hopeless AI Defender.

CCMT does not necessarily support another favorite type of single player gaming, Human Player vs Hopeless AI Attacker. Down through the years, I have seen countless posters complain that the AI refuses to attack the Human Player's impregnable positions. In CCMT, even high morale troops might remain prone, in an attempt to conceal their location to the Human Player. This can be remedied by using smaller maps.

CCMT comes with giant maps. They need to be cut down to at least 30x30 deployment tiles to allow CCMT's map/battle editor to function properly.

CCMT Human Player vehicle pathing is fine, but AI vehicle pathing on occasion, can suffer from vehicle magnetism and spinny disease. You need to limit engagements to 2 vehicles or less per side.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:24 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
CCMT comes with giant maps. They need to be cut down to at least 30x30 deployment tiles to allow CCMT's map/battle editor to function properly.

CCMT Human Player vehicle pathing is fine, but AI vehicle pathing on occasion, can suffer from vehicle magnetism and spinny disease. You need to limit engagements to 2 vehicles or less per side.

You and think it's Legion also that have worked heavilly with CCMT Stwa?? Should both put together some kind of text document with tips, like those 2 quoted above that IMO are VERY important for next time I open that game up and play, or make up some battle to get it to play 'right". Also wasn't aware the HUGE 4(?) maps the game comes with might not work correctly, if understand you vs AI, which kind of figured anyway and had avoided them anyway so far, except to look at as far as making a battle to play upon vs AI.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:05 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
You and think it's Legion also that have worked heavilly with CCMT Stwa?? Should both put together some kind of text document with tips, like those 2 quoted above that IMO are VERY important for next time I open that game up and play, or make up some battle to get it to play 'right". Also wasn't aware the HUGE 4(?) maps the game comes with might not work correctly, if understand you vs AI, which kind of figured anyway and had avoided them anyway so far, except to look at as far as making a battle to play upon vs AI.

All I will say to this, since the gamers at this site are mostly interested in WW2, is the following:

There is little upside in written descriptions of CCMT, since you can count the worldwide players using less than five fingers.

For those that wish to venture into the abyss, there are 2 fine WW2 mods for CCMT at the Matrix CC site. You may need to correct a handful of features in these mods to account for things the modders just did not have enough time to complete.

As for moi, I was just an icon maker. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:54 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

A CCMT mod from WWII would not be difficult........but the game is...........bad. It is the true. All these games were set for multiplayer and the singleplayer option is fun very few time. My point is how the singleplayer option never was improved and the multiplayer option was broken.

Sulla can tell us thousands of wonderful things but I remember when CCMT was released and even with all their knowledge about the games, they did not add a campaign as CC3 to the game. With it, probably, it had been one of the best CC games. At the end, do not forget how it lets play at same time several players at multiplayer mode.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:41 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

A CCMT mod from WWII would not be difficult........but the game is...........bad. It is the true. All these games were set for multiplayer and the singleplayer option is fun very few time. My point is how the singleplayer option never was improved and the multiplayer option was broken.

Wrong! CCMT supports Girly Soldiers, and Small Soldier mods. Those are just 2 of the many improvements you will experience in SINGLE PLAYER mode.

Players will not use a WW2 mod for CCMT, because Matrix released 5 WW2 campaign specific games after the release of CCMT. However, the WW2 mods for CCMT is the BEST CC experience.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop -> Art of Combat
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: