Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:57 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
Continue giving thanks to the devil and the CC series will be dead very soon.

This guy and his friends wasted 6 millions of dollars..........

They sold us re-makes from very old games as new games..........

They could not make a new CC game even when they had the resources.........

Yes a great proyect leader........come on...........

Now you can continue kissing his ass.

Hmmm, the evil, hey? Wow going up in the World Nom....

I am NOT getting in a flame war over your idiotic and TBH, pretty nasty posts and insinuations Nom. I have NO iea why you dislike Me or CSO so much, but lets face it, its a fact.Sucking up to whoever you think is in the know, is really NOT a great way of getting info. You KNOW very little of what went on at CSO. You also know almost nothing that went on with Matrix. You are a good modder, but think you know far more than you do.

Here is what went on, no I am not going on an anti Matrix [just a name now] or anti Slitherine bash. What they did is in the past. For me it is now history.

Atomic got 3 Million to develop Red Phoenix - This failed. I think CSO and CCS has what resulted. The RP code was unusable. This was worked on by Keith Z and a team down in Texas. Keith wanted to design a complete new engine rather than use an existing engine, this halfway through the development cycle was found to be untenable. They switched to an existing engine, but it was too late and the end result is RP. Some useless Code. - I HAD ZERO TO DO WITH THIS PROJECT. - This was SUPPOSED to be an anti terrorist Sim that had a game side and a military sim version. NOTE: Doug WALKER and many others who BUILT the original CC were not involved.

Destineer got 3.5 Million to develop a game/simulation that could be used to train the USMC [Much as VBS is used now] It was supposed to tie in to higher level sims, including RP / MAGTV and others already used by the USMC. What they got [USMC] was an anti-drug-abuse trainer. The USMC said we don't have a drugs problem, WTF do we need this for.

At this point, there was around 180K left of the 6.5M paid by the govt to Atomic and Destineer. At THIS POINT, as we had already been using the code [CC Source for CCM] they came to us and asked if we could at least give them something to show for this. This is where JTAC an CC:AT came from. JTAC was to become the deliverable for Destineer and CC:AT was the deliverable for Atomic. BUT built by Simtek. We had already been using the code for CCM to buil CCM4 and the Pentago Kisok Exhibit.

It was at this point that as part of the deal I signed with Destineer, [nothing to do with Matrix or anyone else] that we were given the rights to use the old CC1-CC5 source code for complete rebuilds. We were explicitly banned from developing any new versions of CC from that code. We were allowed to build on and add to the initial original releases. Simtek got 80K for JTAC and 80K for AT + the code and ability to do the rebuilds. We also did CCRAF for the RAF Regt. We were also working on making several games NMCI compliant and building support sites and other bits for CCM. CoI was the first rebuild. This really was our first look at the commercial code. It took as long to clean the code up as it did to rebuild CC3 into CoI.

All this time, money from both the govt and Commercial work was proving hard to get, we had severe cash flow problems but still had deadlines and milestones to meet.

At about the point of getting the source code, I got very ill. [I know Nom, not really ill, was it!] I had to take a step back, I had been rushed into hospital 3 times with suspected Heart Attack [I was 43] I also developed a genetic Iron disorder, Chronic Arthritis and a major E-Coli Kidney infection, while in hospital. Not that any of this is YOUR business Nom, but I am a tad fed up with you spreading crap you know nothing about, spreading shit about me that equally you know nothing about. Do you see who actually got the 6.5 million? From the moment I got ill, I was really screwed. To Matrix the Rebuilds were just the biggest money maker they had, plugging holes in their finances. [I know how much the rebuilds made!] We had always planned on using the rebuilds to fund next gen CC. But Simtek would have need to have got paid for that to happen. I spent several years ill, getting over all that had hit me in one go. CoI and the first rebuilds really were learning what could be fixed, added to or improved. It was not a case as you seem to think of get the code and away you go, you have perfect code, why did you not do this or this, the code was old and buggy and needed massive work to become even usable.

Did I make mistakes, YES, did I trust the wrong people, YES, is hindsight easy? YES. Did I learn? Yes.

Nom, you are so far up Matrix's butt, all I see are your feet. You know little and profess much knowledge. You profess to know more about me and Simtek than I do. What IS YOUR PROBLEM? Get a life mate!

All of the above is history now. TTAC is a new game, it IS NOT based of CC source. If we know what we want the game to do, if we have a new engine, why would we need the old code? CC is a type of game, a tactical level sim, that models morale and small unit conflict.

I am doing this project for myself, I always wanted to build a Tactical sim like CC, but better, with much I thought was missing from previous games. Others are interested in working with me towards this. What is it to you Nom? You don't have to buy it, you don't have to even read about it. If it upsets you so much ignore it. I am still ill, still under periodic treatment.  Its taken me a while to get CSO back to where I wanted it after being ill. Its about there now with every file we can find. Is it finished, nope new or old files will always turn up. But a lot of work has gone into getting CSO back up and the filles and guides etc back online. CSO has no ads and is as it was always supposed to be, a resource for CC gamers and the community.

Now CSO is where I wanted it to be, I and others are starting TTAC. If you don't like it, I can't help that. For everyone else, I hope this clears up some of the misinformation, but you believe what you want. At this stage, I know the truth, I know I am finally doing what I have always dreamed of! Its as simple as that.

Ok, that's it, now say whatever bitterness you spew out next Nom, that's all I am putting down. Even then its mostly to put right the rubbish you spout out.

Sorry if that was boring or a bit OTT guys, but that vitriol never seems to end. To anyone who feels I should have done better, I am sorry. I am human and am now trying to.

Cheers - Shaun

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Get well soon Sulla and good luck with the development of TTAC.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Sulla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:09 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Thanks, I am hoping I stay kind of healthy. Should have more news soon ;)

Brake, I have checked permissions on both your names US_Brake and Brake and both are active, have no problems and permission sets are fine. I cannot find a single issue. I could create a new profile and move your posts?

I told Antony on CSO Facebook as he had asked me there about your login probs , he seems to have got onto the forums ok now!

LMK..

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:00 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Gentlemen a toast to all those still in the fight...

Thanks Sulla, the CSO site is working normally for me now. I appreciate the assistance! Best of health and luck on the new game.

Cross of Iron is working great, I have several new opponents and a good conn at gameranger. Working on three new custom campaigns this summer and enjoying every minute of it.

Good to see you in a flame war I guess it would be boring around here without one once in awhile.  Cool

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:09 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
In fact where do you go to publish a game? I have told it before, clearly Matrix/Slitherine does not want to know nothing about you, Ian is better without your skills. Do you go to publish it at Steam? Steam will not give you a chance freely. Your option can be Steam Greenlight but......... I can imagine how when they discover how you try rip other game, how you insult to the players, what you have made at your live, at definition, how you are really.....they do not go to give you a greenlight.

I know English is not your native language Nom, but you obviously read well enough.

Do you Not UNDERSTAND. MATRIX/SLITHERINE = I dislike them Me Shaun Dislikes them. For many reasons, some posted above. I DO NOT and WILL NOT have ANY game published by them. Read my post again, see if you understand it this time. You know very little Nom, you are insulting, rude and self opinionated on subjects you know factually NOTHING about! As I said you head is so far up Slitherines Arse, all we can see are your feet.

Thanks for the comment about heart tabs, I am sure I will manage, despite your ill will.

Quote:
No firefox....no sulla....

The Blood is your man Rodmorg

Who employed the Blood for a long time Rod? Where did Steve get the experience and code to work on? Way before anyone had even heard of Slitherine.

Now give me a break, Nom, go back under your rock and model whatever in 3D, maybe a personality?

S

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Always meant to ask you Nomada,

Why didn't you ever get involved in the beta testing at Matrix for CC titles the last few years? Not involved (or going to be) for TBF myself, so no idea if you volunteered this time, though it seems as if someone like yourself would want to get involved in the titles and add to what they are putting out CC wise. You came right out and added a new GTC mod right away when it was 1st released. Why not volunteer to join some of those beta teams. It's not like they include Matrix "yes people". SEVERAL people gave them grief during the GTC beta as an example, so having someone that would push the developers would probably be a help.

Werf

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Well I go to continue making my favourite hobby working with 3Dmax and my personal collection from SW 3D models. Mostly I go to ignore you. Do not forget take your pills for the heart.

Disgusting comment.

So go already, and do not forget to take your suppositories.
 Idea

Agreed on the awkwardness of it...

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:10 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

As always people insulting..........they show very well how they are and what they deserve.......

Sulla, you say how I must read better but have you read my previous message? clearly no. You speak about how bad I read english because it is not my own language but you should be embarrassed because it is your language and you can not read it or you do not like read it or whatever......

The point is how just I have told in my previous message how you can not find a publisher because you dislike from Matrix and clearly they do not want your work.

Quote:
Now give me a break, Nom, go back under your rock and model whatever in 3D, maybe a personality?

I give you all the break which you want. You have been the man who he left your cave insulting to everybody who he does not agree with you or critic you. A man who he does not accept a bad critic, he is not a very good man.

Quote:
Go and try to make a game yourself Nomada.

I have not published any game but I know too much about games. I have been making mods for more of 15 years for very different games, 2D and 3D. Check this http://www.moddb.com/company/firefoxccmods
After it, I know very well how the developer from a game should not insult to the public, fans or not, at the end, possible players. He should be stay away and maintain a correct attitude.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:52 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
As always people insulting..........they show very well how they are and what they deserve.......

Sulla, you say how I must read better but have you read my previous message? clearly no. You speak about how bad I read english because it is not my own language but you should be embarrassed because it is your language and you can not read it or you do not like read it or whatever......

The point is how just I have told in my previous message how you can not find a publisher because you dislike from Matrix and clearly they do not want your work.

Quote:

I give you all the break which you want. You have been the man who he left your cave insulting to everybody who he does not agree with you or critic you. A man who he does not accept a bad critic, he is not a very good man.

Quote:
Go and try to make a game yourself Nomada.

I have not published any game but I know too much about games. I have been making mods for more of 15 years for very different games, 2D and 3D. Check this http://www.moddb.com/company/firefoxccmods
After it, I know very well how the developer from a game should not insult to the public, fans or not, at the end, possible players. He should be stay away and maintain a correct attitude.

But you're insulting to the developer and trying to show off your opinion and attempting to make it a fact.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:53 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:

But you're insulting to the developer and trying to show off your opinion and attempting to make it a fact.

You are telling things which they have not happened. I have not insulted to Sulla. Just I have showed to all you real facts. There is a clear difference. Tell me some told by me which it had not happened.

About other fact.......always....when I look this site..... http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ I start to think bad about the quality from the creatos. I do not say if it was a problem from Sulla but if he was the developer, this was the poorest web site from the world. It is not the type of design at html, it is a matter from how poor it was. It is not strange than CC had a big down at popularity.

Is it a insult? no man, it is a real fact.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

IMO, the games went down due to lack of dedication to the players, and blatantly ignoring their suggestions and gripes (A.I., MP lobby, bugs). The bad website is part of that lack of dedciation. Instead, every half-baked release was followed by the next, while retrospectively fixing the previous releases. To give them some creditl, they did improve vehicle pathing at least. But then, while waiting for that "next gen CC", we suddenly hear that there will be no more strategic map with the Bloody Fist, which instantly kills it for me. Same old story. I will only pick it up in a humble bundle 10$ pack now, nothing less.

To me, I hope Sulla or whoever can make that perfect CC game and pull it into the 21st century. Because I think that after 20 years we kinda deserve to have a bugfree, near-perfect experience by now Smile. Just wishing that it could be backward compatible with all those great mods... But I'm not expecting anything.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:

Your site could do with a little bit of touching up. And erm... stuff which was posted in 2008 is considered as 'new'. CC's popularity didn't go down because of how fancy the site was, the problem was the games and the remakes.

Everything counts.

But who has been the lead manager from the remakes? Sulla. If you want a guilty, you have one.;)

Quote:
we suddenly hear that there will be no more strategic map with the Bloody Fist, which instantly kills it for me. Same old story. I will only pick it up in a humble bundle 10$ pack now, nothing less.

I am happy because we will not see a strategic map. It was probably the main reason because we did not see too much new mods.

A new strategic map gave a lot of work in the begining and I can tell you at 100% how bad it was because I made several new strategic maps for the remakes with only my own hands and photoshop, editing thousands of different images.

At other way and thread, Close Combat Bloody First has a real map editor and you can export complete images from the terrain view from the top. If you understand what can be this for the old game, you will see it with good eyes.

Quote:
To me, I hope Sulla or whoever can make that perfect CC game and pull it into the 21st century. Because I think that after 20 years we kinda deserve to have a bugfree, near-perfect experience by now Smile. Just wishing that it could be backward compatible with all those great mods... But I'm not expecting anything.

I remember when he started the remakes how he told us about how it would be the next CC games. Years after it, what could we see from his hands? nothing, just some remakes. Just only when Slitherine took the hands, they added things as the 32bits of color and they started a new proyect with a new engine.

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:53 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:

This is the reason that I want and have wanted to get this project going for years. Illness and other stuff have kept me out of things for a while, but I was out not down. The CC I have wanted, the CC I have longed for has always been the end goal. If I thought in any way that it was coming out, then this project would be superfluous.

Nom thinks he has the inside track, because he picks up a few scraps here and there. I have finally figured why he hates ME so much. When doing the CCM/Remakes, when Simtek was working on CoI etc, No one wanted Nomada on board or would work with him. Nom thought he was indispensable, but others on the projects did not want him anywhere near the projects.

Quote:
You keep forgetting, that the contract to allow others to develop an produce CC games restricted such development and production to remakes. The supposition is, no remakes, no contract.

This was the ONLY reason we were allowed the remakes, that an JTAC/AT. We were under contract NOT allowed to develop any new titles, all it allowed was improvements and changes to the original versions.

You are an arrogant, vindictive little man Nomada. I will carry on what I am doing, you go do whatever it is you do. I imagine you being like Ronaldo, having a life size statue of yourself! Go sill your venom somewhere else.

Sulla

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

You are wrong Sulla. I do not hate you. You are the unique here launching insults. You and your imagination about how I wanted work with you, hajajajaja is it a joke? I have my own and personal life which you do not know a bit about it because with exception from a few data, you will not find even a photo from me, perhaps a photo from my motorcycle or my car, nothing more.

Just I have spoken about real facts from your story in the CC games.

But from you just I see insults. They do not say nothing good about you. Never I have seen nothing like this coming from people as Ian from Slitherine forums. Lately even I could test one of their games and when I critized their problems, they were good and normal people. But I can not see nothing like this coming from you. Just insults.

Have you thought how all the other possible players from your game they will read your insults and bad attitude? I have not problems if they read anything about me, I have all which I need. But what about you? if you want make a new game, you should have a better attitude with players, focus in facts, how fix them and avoid fights against other people.

Have a nice day.

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
Just I have spoken about real facts from your story in the CC games.

Nom, I am NOT WASTING anymore time on you. My STORY, is the facts. If you don't like that, not my problem.

Quote:
hey do not say nothing good about you. Never I have seen nothing like this coming from people as Ian from Slitherine forums.

No because you are so far up their rectum, why would they complain, they do not have to put up with the narcissistic side of you. I wish them well with BO, maybe we will have 2 good tactical games!

We have all waited long enough!

Thanks everyone for putting up with the inane thread!

Sulla

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:07 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
Nom, I am NOT WASTING anymore time on you. My STORY, is the facts. If you don't like that, not my problem.

Probably you should not have told us it at first place.........

Quote:
No because you are so far up their rectum, why would they complain, they do not have to put up with the narcissistic side of you. I wish them well with BO, maybe we will have 2 good tactical games!

Again insulting.

But you do not understand how I do not want more Slitherine than a game which I can play and perhaps edit it. Nothing more. I do not go work for them or they do not go to work for me. It is a hobby for me. Nothing more.

About your game, first show us something finished and running. If at the end, it is good, I will be the first applauding it.

But looking how you spend your time of work launching insults to the future players, I do not see how you can make a game. :roll:

For end, I go to repeat one thing told by me before you start again with this stupid thing about how I wanted work for you. You should read better before you answer. This is the reason because there were too new mods around the last CC games, in fact and never I receive a thanks from you, I was the unique man making new mods for some of time before people as Legion started to edit the games. From my point of view, people as me, we give you more players and at the end it should be more money for you. I do not want nothing more you or other people at exchange but you should not insult me or to other modders or players.

Quote:
Sulla is not a friend from mods. The main reason because we had not seen more mods the past years, it is because he hired to most of the people developing new mods for CC games. After it, these people were working with him some of time, next when these people were again out the Sulla´s company, they were not more modders and they left the community.

Was this problem a direct fault from you? no but it has happened.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
About your game, first show us something finished and running. If at the end, it is good, I will be the first applauding it.

But looking how you spend your time of work launching insults to the future players.

You won't find it good anyway because you would be biased - even if the whole CC community likes the game. But if you think the game is bad, you have to applaud the developer(s) for actually creating that game.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:58 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Quote:

But looking how you spend your time of work launching insults to the future players.

You won't find it good anyway because you would be biased - even if the whole CC community likes the game. But if you think the game is bad, you have to applaud the developer(s) for actually creating that game.

You are wrong, you do not know nothing about me and if I am not wrong, you are very new in the CC games because you started this thread speaking about the CSO site and all the old players knew the CSO site and clearly how it was activated again (thanks to other thread where you can read more insults from Sulla, I recomend you search it)

But speaking about me, I am not the type of man who he follows the same path forever, if I see some screenshots from this new game, two at least Wink, if it looks good, I will be the first telling how good it is and how wrong I was.

At the end, Sulla has been insulting me words as narcissistic but I am not narcissistic. Just, I have not problems saying the true. In fact Sulla should read the wikipedia about narcissistic.
Quote:

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and others. It is a cluster B personality disorder.[1

When I read it, I think more to other guy here. He is a man who he has come here worried about his power, prestige and vanity. He has not seen how damage was causing to himself.Wink

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Take it to PM or off this forum.

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:13 am Post subject: Re: The Tactical Art of Combat Reply with quote

Best thread ever.  Sulla and Brake made peace!  And Nomada claims to not be a troll, only others on CCS are trolls.  I don't understand the issue here.  Why could the source code from Keith at Atomic not be salvaged?  As I understand, when Atomic got out along with Walker and some of the other guru's...that is when things took a turn for the worse.  

I don't mind waiting for Bloody First.  Rather they take their time than rush for some artificial project deadline, so big bosses can reassign programmers to other gaming projects.  I'm in the software business and I know the way that project mgmt crap works.  Always a rush and hardly ever is the scope or planning done properly...vast majority of software projects fail.  Then everyone looks for scapegoats.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop -> Art of Combat
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: