Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Red Alert 1. (It is not a proper war game, more an RTS I know)  But I guess I am still one of the younger members of the CC community. I definitely was, back then when the CC5 had first appeared. I was like, 14 years old or something (around 2002) when I started playing CC online.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Since I managed to read all of the other posts for this question I would have to say I was reminded that the LEGO blocks were my first wargames. I would have spaceships made so that a smaller ship would be able to deploy from the larger one. Of course, had to have some of the armor too. Even decided that I wanted to be able to reconstruct the same ones so went to the trouble to draw up isometric drawings (akin to 3D) of them showing where each LEGO block was placed. Just being able to use the old blocks for spaceships and armored vehicles took some imagination.

Later started using 1:72 scale models for a few tanks that we were able to get a hold of from a hobby store in a nearby town. Even did my own scratch built model of a Jagdpather based on a Panther chassis. Was working on a few others when lost interest. One of my brothers then got me interested in 1:285 scale lead miniatures and there was a brother for each major power to collect those armor models. Rules were always archaic and time consuming. Was playing AH games at the same time so when my brother introduced me to CC3 I could see that was the way to play miniatures without having to hassle with rule books anymore. Have collected all the CC games since.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

caruso

Rep: 23.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:02 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

...coming to this world  Razz

seriously, the first electronics were probably some arcades in old style game rooms during the 80's   :)

Of course even plastic army men, lego, board games, and other classic stuff. I couldn't wait for summer to come and make my trenches on the beach  Razz

In the end i cannot say which was strictly the first one. Maybe i could say again "coming to this world" but in a more serious way this time hahaha  Razz

SebRays

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

The first "Panzer General" was the best !  Razz

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

F-15 Strike Eagle II by Micropros then Jane's Longbow, Close-Combat then FPS Half-Life.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

jaredjestes22

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:07 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

As far as I can remember it WAS CCI. My uncle gave it to me shortly after it came out. I was 6 when CCI came out... Smile

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:13 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC2, I picked it up because of the theme (WW2, Operation Market Garden).

Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

My first ever wargame was Battle of Mount Cassino....got it for Christmas.  It was a paper map with 1/72 scale soldiers/armor.  Loved that game!  But can no longer find it!  
From there it was Battle of the Bulge (the old cardboard pieces game in the vein of Squad Leader)

and then I stumbled upon CC2: A Bridge Too Far.

notprop

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader in '89 was my first tabletop wargame.  Man that was an eye opener! Shocked

First computer wargame was CC2 Bridge Too Far in '99 about a week after I had spent my student loan on my first computer and found the Computer Exchange store in London.

Both of thoise things also explain where most of my spare cash wend for the last 15 years. Smile

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:06 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC2 - A Bridge too far - demo. That encouraged me too about the game......to CC3 onward.

Last edited by sod98 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:43 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Hello:

My first wargame was Battle City in Famicom. In PC was Winrisk.

Bye

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:41 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Soviet strike ps1

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

My first counter wargames

20000617_191145.jpg
 Description:
Turning Point Stalingrad
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Viewed:  454 Time(s)

20000617_191145.jpg

20000617_191858.jpg
 Description:
Squad Leader
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  417 Time(s)

20000617_191858.jpg

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:41 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

I liked the cover art of the games...

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Panzerblitz and Panzer Leader but then I got into squad leader and ASL later.

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:16 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Command & Conquer (the first one: the most old).

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Close Combat V or the First Call of Duty (and the best one).

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

CloseCombatRob

Rep: 6.3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC1 and CC2, got them together in some deal if I remember correctly for pretty cheap

abhaken

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:40 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC2 demo, found on some derelict machine at school ^^

bobbielidl

Rep: 4.1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

commandos: behind enemy lines and close combat: battle of the bulge

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: