Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Very hesitant now, since I read this:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/computers/item/21400-windows-10-is-spyware

Nothing surprising in this day and age, but still it p*sses me off big time that the OS itself is being used for data mining.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

You definitely need to do a custom install and hunt through the settings to turn off as much of the data grabbing as possible. Here is an interesting article on Win10 Security:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/211208-windows-10s-default-privacy-settings-and-controls-leave-much-to-be-desired

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
You definitely need to do a custom install and hunt through the settings to turn off as much of the data grabbing as possible. Here is an interesting article on Win10 Security:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/211208-windows-10s-default-privacy-settings-and-controls-leave-much-to-be-desired  

^
I had a feeling back in my mind windows os could steal your data ever since the earlier versions came out. JUST WOW

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Yeah no surprise. There are no operating systems out there that don't spy on you. That includes your phone's operating system, and basically anything else you have that can connect to the internet (Television).

20 years ago someone would be called a conspiracy theorist for saying we live in a surveillance state. I don't think we are completely there yet but the framework for it is embedded in our lives now.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:53 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Even the most suspicious customer sometimes forgets about rule no. 1: ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Dropped my defenses with this one, have to admit.  Shocked

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:37 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Yes Mooxe, that is what the conspiracy theorists have been saying for some time, since at least 1964 or so with the release of the small paperback None Dare Call it Treason, or at least they saw that something was wrong enough to make people aware that things were not on the up-and-up.

My way of looking at it is that there is quite enough evidence available, including many quotes by the elite groups with the most money, to warrant a concern, although I am not really sure if anything can be done to stop them.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:45 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Right. The introduction of cloud services is another. One day the option will be mandatory instead of the check-box that you can opt out.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:27 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

The upgrade from Win7 was smooth and most software is working; only had problems with MS Money crashes when importing bank transactions and Matrix CC games WAR/TLD/LSA not being able to run full screen.

I turned off all the data mining features/settings I could find but MS is still getting info and believes they own my PC now as MS;
- upgraded my version of Skype which I hadn't updated on purpose as I was going to possibly uninstall it
- installed Office 2010 OneNote which I didn't install from the Office CD on purpose
- installed an Office 365 upgrade advertising app

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:33 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Windows 7 runs LSA/TLD/PitF/GtC fine for me.  But CoI and all the original CC games constantly crash even in compatibility mode.  I won't touch Windows 10 with a 10 foot pole...afraid nothing will work any more.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
and Matrix CC games WAR/TLD/LSA not being able to run full screen.

I looked at another forum for windows 10 resolution change for programs and found this you could try it.

-Right click on the program that has the problem, go to compability and down there is a option saying Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Check it, apply, ok, reopen the program.

You could try this for other cc games as well.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:43 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion vobbnobb, but unfortunately it didn't fix the colors when running full screen....

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:18 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Unfortunately my PC is no longer with us any more.And no I didn't have the means to back anything up.The Good  news is i seem to have got rid of my drinking  problem and am getting anew Dell xps 8700 in about 2 weeks
Windows 10 home edition 64bit
http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-8700/pd?oc=dddogs101hw10so&model_id=xps-8700
I hope its a good machine it will  be the 1st PC I've ever  owned without an integrated graphics card

CloseCombatRob

Rep: 6.3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:21 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

I upgraded for a little while, saw they didn't fix the directdraw problem from windows 8 which brakes a lot of older games, so I downgraded back.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:12 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

Windows 10?? hmm..that is the window popping up every time i start the pc  Very Happy Running Win 7 and longing for Win 98 with all the working modtools Wink

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

I have Win 8 and keep clicking the constant Win 10 popup away. I don't want it.

pulsinger

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 pm Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

From my experience (numerous attempts) CC5 with Stalingrad mod won't run on Win 10.
The case was most probably graphic problems: I've tried couple of tricks suggested above, but none of them worked. I got black screen after 1 or 2 missions or the game just froze.
Moreover, there is no possibility to play CC5 in windowed option.
As someone posted before, even official statement from MatrixGames says that it is not possible (yet?) to run CC5 on Win 10.
So, keep a (virtual) machine with Win7 in case you want to play CC5 with mods.

General][Custer

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:28 am Post subject: Re: How many will go windows 10? Reply with quote

For anyone else stumbling upon this post desperately trying to get sweet sweet Close Combat Cross of Iron working on Windows 10, try Running the Game in Windows 98 / Windows Me compatibility mode. Works like a charm for me!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: