Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:41 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

file DL link in this topic removed until further testing ... thanks for your patience Smile

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

Well, I downloaded it earlier this week and I like what I see but having overwritten the previous installation I can not directly compare. Feels as solid as the previous versions though.
Played some battles as Allies and I am wiping the Germans off the maps with minor casualties on my side. Piat may be too accurate now because first rounds are now very lethal. Killed 4 Tigers with Piat alone on the Villers-Bocage map and not using more than 5, perhaps 6 bombs.
Fireflies are now killing Panthers with first rounds giving me a better chance against those heavily armored tanks.
Those are the things that come to mind after having played a handful of battles.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

crewman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:14 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

Thanks for ur comments Pete
try the Piat a few more times ... I'm getting misses at times, but overall its pretty accurate. I'm not much success against cat frontal (if at all) ... but getting knock-outs from side and rear armor.

Most players will move infantry with their tanks to help spot AT infantry, which reduces success rates of Piat and similar units.

I'm seeing FF's knock-out Panther/Tiger at sides and rear, but bounce a lot when direct frontal. Sherman's bounce a lot of shots unless direct side/rear shot at close range

I'll keep an eye on Piat throughout Campaign with Steiner and maybe lower the Penetration if it seems to hv abnormal high success.

Last edited by crewman on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total

crewman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:36 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

Version 7.0 installed to the same folder as ver 6.0, and therefore you had to have one version or the other installed.
Some players have long time ongoing games with ver 6.0 ... and understandably don't want to quit their games to try ver 7.0
Therefore I've made a new version that has the exact files as ver 7.0, but with a different installation folder ... so both ver 6.0 and 7.1 can be installed at the same time.

If you already have 7.0 installed, then just put your saved games into the newer 7.1 version.

please post any further discussion in the ver 7.1 beta topic:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=82306#82306

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:26 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

thanks for the feed back " pete "  :D

one of our ideas was to improve the performance of the 17 pdr guns and Fireflys. the 17 pdr now is more effective like it should be. keep us posted with your observations and pro's and con's please.

as david said...we'll keep an eye on the piat. we don't want it too accurate but better than it was in 6.0

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:37 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

steiner, I decided to play it again with your new fixes. I play at work for many hours so I am exclusively against the AI. I started one game and found that even with the limited German forces at the beach I was able to take out enough infantry to stop or stall almost all of the attacks. In previous games I have moved my units off of the beach in a turn or two, as someone in these forums suggested, in order to have the more interesting battlefields to fight in after the beach. Since my beach units are now permanent units where they are placed I decided to place them and then let them fight on their own with little or no interference from me to see what would happen. Since I just started with this way of doing it I will find out how well it works after tonight.

I was interested to see what a sniper unit would do after it was out of ammo and noticed it picked up a submachine gun. Unfortunately, though it wasn't enough. Pretty interesting though.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:00 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

schmal turm.....your playing the germans against the allied AI? is that correct?

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:25 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

Yes, that is correct.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

crewman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:29 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

Hi,
I think you should switch sides and attack with the Allies. The AI isn't very good at defending, but even worse when attacking Smile

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:53 am Post subject: Re: new GJS Version 7.0 Beta Reply with quote

I would agree. the best games you can have are against a human opponent.

TBF might change that but I doubt it.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: