Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:37 pm Post subject: NEW Screens First Look at Strategic Layer Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thought you may be interested to see some early screens of the Strategic Layer.

These are 4 early screenshots of Art of Combats Strategic layer. These are very early shots, we still have buildings, bridges, and alot of other detail to go into the layer. This is based of actual satellite terrain, so its very accurate. This will be where all the strategic action in AOC will happen, in game you won't see large parts of the map due to Fog of War, we are aiming to make a strategic layer that allows you to make choices and use tactics. When finished the strategic layer will be much more detailed, but we thought you may like an early look at how things are coming along.

They are online on the new Corporate website. We will shortly have some info about the modding ability and interface from the artists who will be looking for input from any of you who may be into modding ;)

Also, we now have a very good handle on the AI and I think not a few surprises as well!

More soon and BIG thanks to the WHOLE team!

http://www.tackom.com/news.htm

Cheers - Shaun

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:35 am Post subject: Re: NEW Screens First Look at Strategic Layer Reply with quote

Thank you for posting Sulla!

Based on what I'm seeing the battle map areas will be dynamic and a battle will take place where troops run into each other?

Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:49 am Post subject: Re: NEW Screens First Look at Strategic Layer Reply with quote

His T,

There is a grand campaign, but we also wanted to give the player some freedom to screw up ;)

The terrain on the strat map and battle maps is based off satellite data, the areas will be very accurate. Also there will be several ways of playing the GC depending on options!

But in any tactical/strategic area, you need movement, and to some extent some freedom.  

- S

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: NEW Screens First Look at Strategic Layer Reply with quote

Hi Sulla, thanks for the new screens. What I thought of when looking at these images is that it might be a good idea to limit the viewing angle to the direction from which the player's units are entering the map. I prefer (my opponent) not to be able to rotate the map 360degrees and zoom in on every possible landscape feature. Please limit this to what was historically possible e.i. aerial reconnaissance and reconnaissance on the ground. On a next level you could even vary the available information depending on how long a unit has been on the map and whether it is defending known terrain or assaulting unknown territory.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:44 am Post subject: Re: NEW Screens First Look at Strategic Layer Reply with quote

"TAKCOM all rights reserved" is said under your website, whereas the website name is TACKOM. I understand it is a work in progress but please try not to make such small mistakes.

Other than that, how one obtains from the full name "The Tactical Art of Combat" the abbreviation TACKOM is a mistery to me Smile

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:50 am Post subject: Re: NEW Screens First Look at Strategic Layer Reply with quote

A alternative flat map 2 refer 2 would help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop -> Art of Combat

Jump to: