Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:40 am Post subject: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

Version 7.0 installed to the same folder as ver 6.0, and therefore you had to have one version or the other installed.
Some players have long time ongoing games with ver 6.0 ... and understandably don't want to quit their games to try ver 7.0
Therefore I've made a new version that has the exact files as ver 7.0, but with a different installation folder and launch icon ... so both ver 6.0 and 7.1 can be installed at the same time.

If you already have 7.0 installed, then just put your saved games into the newer 7.1 version

Get GJS 7.1 beta here:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/gamerat/CCLSAModGJS7.1v7.1.exe

check forum topic "new GJS Version 7.0 Beta" for previous info

Last edited by crewman on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:21 am; edited 2 times in total

crewman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:52 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

grabbed this text from Wiki:
An analysis by British staff officers of the initial period of the Normandy campaign found that 7% of all German tanks destroyed by British forces were knocked out by PIATs

I think Piat works well in 7.1 beta (same data as 7.0 beta) due to a slight accuracy increase and increase in Penetration. Also added a Piat to the Bren section team, in place of a rifleman. It may not be rigidly historical, but it helps get the Piat into the field of battle in order to better represent their overall historical effectiveness.
The cost of this team increased because of this change

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:29 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

Downloaded, thanks...

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

I have playing an operation for one week. I am really enjoying it, thanks, AI is aggressive and attacking. However, I noticed a small bug. M10 SP MkII (3 in gun) tank destroyer is not turning its turret when it aims, it rather turns the hull like a sturmgeschütz. I think some incorrect data in vehicles.txt.

crewman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

Hi ke_mechial,
Thanks for ur comments.

About M10 TD ... it's a problem in CC to simulate such a slow turning turret, because the hull keeps trying to catch up and therefore takes even longer than in real life to lock on target.
Therefore I edited the turret to stay with hull in order to help correct this problem.
I am satisfied with the results, because without this edit the M10 was virtually useless.

I also think that M10 crews probably turned with their tracks instead of trying to slowly manually turn the turret ... when in quick thinking combat situations ... although I hv no evidence of this. I did read that some German tank crews preferred to aim by using their tracks instead of turret when in combat conditions that required speed ... but it was a chance of throwing a track, particularly in heavy tanks and depending on terrain under tracks.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:04 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

I had read that Wittmann's Tiger crew used the track turning method to engage targets quicker, a pattern they would have learned when he was the commander of a sturmgeschütz tank destroyer.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:53 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

crewman wrote (View Post):
Hi ke_mechial,
Thanks for ur comments.

About M10 TD ... it's a problem in CC to simulate such a slow turning turret, because the hull keeps trying to catch up and therefore takes even longer than in real life to lock on target.
Therefore I edited the turret to stay with hull in order to help correct this problem.
I am satisfied with the results, because without this edit the M10 was virtually useless.

I also think that M10 crews probably turned with their tracks instead of trying to slowly manually turn the turret ... when in quick thinking combat situations ... although I hv no evidence of this. I did read that some German tank crews preferred to aim by using their tracks instead of turret when in combat conditions that required speed ... but it was a chance of throwing a track, particularly in heavy tanks and depending on terrain under tracks.

Thanks for the clarification, that sounds plausible and nice solution from you. I didn't know M10 turret was so slowly turning.

@Schmal_Turm, yes, I had watched the same issue on a Wittman Documentary about turning the hull, since it took shorter to engage than turning the turret.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:35 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

interesting comments on the turning the tank using the tracks.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

I just completed an operation playing the allies. In general, it was enjoyable to play. AI was aggressive enough, infantry attacked well.
Armor losses conform to the historical reality, when you consider firepower of panthers and PzIVs with high velocity guns. I mostly took out enemy tanks by ambushing. I wish Stalingrad mods were converted to LSA or Berlin mod. LSA AI is better in many ways than the others.

cc_result.jpg
 Description:
The Operation Result
 Filesize:  245.51 KB
 Viewed:  377 Time(s)

cc_result.jpg

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS version 7.1 beta Reply with quote

thanks for the feed back Ke mechial.  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: