Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Hi Leclerc2,

Glad you like the mod. Thanks for your comments and remarks.

About the number of german soldiers in the infantry squads, I assure you that it’s realistic: originally I had made them of 7 men, but one user very expert about military history (Dima) has helped me in some aspects of the mod and one these aspects was the number of soldiers in infantry squads.
More in general, remember that Germans had already planned Op. Fridericus when they have been attacked, so they had massed in this area a big amount of divisions for their advance. Add the fact that Stalin big concern about Moscow had obliged russian High Command to deploy a high number of division in Moscow area, so Timoshenko received not the best divisions and not all the ones he wanted for his offensive and more in general this part of the front was not well guarded like the north part of the front. In fact, after the disaster of this russian offensive, the germans has virtually not found a real resistence until their arrive in Stalingrad. In another words, proportions about men it has been respected in the mod.

About difficulty in the mod, line vs line it’s the only choice and anyway it’s a realistic choice (considering also the reinforcement system I have made).The proportions about the amount of men, tanks and vehicles between the two contenders it’s excellent.
Of course, what it’s not correct is, for example, which kind of tanks are in one Tank Brigade instead of another one (I have chosen some divisions for the mod, but the battle it’s so big that it counts many other divisions). I mean: the timeline of tanks/vehicles in the mod it’s perfect (historically they were all there), but, for example, I can’t know if one tank brigade had more or less T-34 and/or how many different types of tanks were assigned to it.

About (some) sounds, I agree with you, but to change them it’s not in my plans.

Drizzt

leclerc2

Rep: 15.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

yes i looked at the wikipedia page of the battle and the difference is not as huge as i thought. However there was 1.5 more soviets than germans.
750000 against 500000. But i didn t count the number of battlegroups, may be you took it into account and made more russian groups...

The AI is also very agressive which gives a decent opponent.
It makes of course some mistakes an experimented human wouldnt do.
Do you know if some people play this mod on multiplayer?

Anyway, congratulations for the great mod. very stable also on my computer.

Cobalth-77

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:48 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Again I'm all confused.

I finished the Grand Campaign with the Germans. In any of the Panzer BG's there was a Pz IV F2, they where all Pz IV F or Pz IV D.

Yesterday I started to play the same campaign, on the same "Line-Line" settings, with the Russians.
After a few fights I got a German Pz BG as opponent, and what did I see? Two Pz IV F2's ???

So I checked the settings, but they where the same.
I started the GC with the German side again, and the same BG's that I played before all have Pz IV F2's. Now I can't find any Pz BG with a PZ IV F ???

The version I play is "5.50.14B" ??? I really don't remember where that somes from
Shouldn't that be 2.2?

Didn't dl 2.3 yet.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:05 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

leclerc2 wrote (View Post):
But i didn t count the number of battlegroups, may be you took it into account and made more russian groups...
Do you know if some people play this mod on multiplayer?

Entering in “Create Scenario”, you can see that number of Bgs it’s identical for both sides (but russian Bgs have a bit more troops inside them). The main difference, as I have written, it’s in the reinforcement system (see mod readme file): the 9 russian infantry divisions deployed in the south can reinforce one time, so, in this way, the numerical proportion has been respected.
Personally I don’t play CC in multiplayer and I don’t know if someone has played my mod in multiplayer during last two years (I’m curious me too to know it).
Thanks again for the kind comments.

Cobalth-77 wrote (View Post):
I finished the Grand Campaign with the Germans. In any of the Panzer BG's there was a Pz IV F2, they where all Pz IV F or Pz IV D. Yesterday I started to play the same campaign, on the same settings, with the Russians. After a few fights I got a German Pz BG as opponent, and what did I see? Two Pz IV F2's ??? So I checked the settings, but they where the same. I started the GC with the German side again, and the same BG's that I played before all have Pz IV F2's. Now I can't find any Pz BG with a PZ IV F ???
The version I play is 5.50.14B.
Shouldn't that be 2.2? Didn't dl 2.3 yet.

DLL version 5.50.14b it's correct (it's the dll version modified by me), but you should check if it's the same in the org game: if in the org game it's the same, then all it's ok. This is important because the mods use the original .exe file.

The rest that you have written has simply no sense for me: I know how I have made forcepools and they are identical in both difficulty and days filters (no changes allowed during campaigns/ops). Note that IA often it changes the starting 15 teams of its BGs when you go on the map to fight: that's all. Go in "create scenario", select a panzer BG and then select "battlegroup info" option: what you see there it never changes during the game.

Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to: