Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:09 pm Post subject: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod beta versions Reply with quote

EDIT: Beta versions are obsolete. To Download the definitive versions go here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11182

Why I have changed my decision to not release this porting mod?
Two years ago, I have tried to contact PJ about this matter, but he never reply me: I have interpreted his silence as a denial and, in some posts here at CCS, I have “defended” my decision to not release them in respect to PJ point of view. I was wrong: some months later I have realized that my old mail provider, in some periods, it was “lack of communication” about mails never received by recipient. Moreover, last year (recently) I have tried to contact PJ again (more than one time) and my mails are come back with a message that it says his e-mail address doesn’t exist (no more). He seems vanished from years also from mod db site, the place he had used for his mods after leaving CC Community.
In another words, it's impossible for me to contact him and, considering also the fact that CC5 Der Kessel v 1.2 it’s disposable from many years and that, after all, they are just mods of a mod, I have decided to release them with the following thought in mind: at this point, I really feel it’s right to do it for the CC community (and my work on Der Kessel mod has been done as an homage to the great PJ work).

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:16 am; edited 9 times in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Thank-You very much for the WAR download of this Mod.

I was one who most Crucified you when you mentioned it was done but unavailable.

I should therefore be the one to first thank you for it.

And to PJager the original creator on Der Kessel

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Thanks for that, der Kessel is one of my favorite mods.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:16 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Wow, great news! I also believe keeping the mods alive is the best way to honor the original modders!..

Thank you so much again!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:35 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Thank you Drizzt!!!

TLD/WAR may or may not be what everyone wanted from a CC release but they are fairly compatible with CC5 mods (after some work) and do offer some improvements in features/stability.... Still poking Matrix though as they both need one more patch...

Anyway that aside when all the CC5 mods get ported over that will be end of the original Atomic CC games on my computer....

Thank you again PJager!!!

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:07 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Drizzt, do you mind if I post on the Matrix TLD forum pointing here about the conversion/release of the mod?

I'm not interested really in supporting Matrix but getting the word out to TLD or possible TLD buyers about the mods available for it....

Also great job on the enhancements and fixes you did too!!!

Changes and improvements (made by me):
- Corrected minor issues in Data.
- Added 2 battlegroups (Italian retreating Bgs).
- forcepools doubled and selective reinforcements implemented.
- Reworked artillery, mortar and air support reworked (now germans have the artillery support).
- Added various uniform patches.
- Added Italian voices.
- Added Romanian and Italian medals.
- Reworked Bgs patches.
- Corrected minor things in stratmap (like missing graphic arrows).
- Added many battles.
- Campaigns and ops (when necessary) reworked to take advantage of some TLD new features about supply depots.
- Entry victory locations adjusted for TLD and some victory locations corrected.
- Reworked/corrected Sirki roof map file.
- Reworked starting 15 teams of all Bgs.
- Reworked some bridges in maps to allow tanks crossing.
- Corrected one map.
- Corrected BA-64 shadow.
- Corrected kotluban map .bgm, .ovm and .mmm files.
- Corrected minor issues in all roof map files.
- Added maps red ring in minimap.
- Changed/added some other issues (graphic, sounds etc.) to run better in TLD and/or to take advantage of all TLD features.
- Added “Extras” folder: it contains some useful information.

Enjoy!
Drizzt

TLD Mods.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.66 KB
 Viewed:  504 Time(s)

TLD Mods.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:04 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Thank you Drizzt Very Happy

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
TLD/WAR may or may not be what everyone wanted from a CC release but they are fairly compatible with CC5 mods (after some work) and do offer some improvements in features/stability.... Still poking Matrix though as they both need one more patch...

Hi Tejszd,

I modding TLD because I have the (personal) feeling it’s the best re-release to modding and to play (options available; IA behavior; forcepools structure). I also like the original TLD game (I have made a version of it with 8 days to play instead of 4 in Grand Campaign). Modding WAR it’s just a consequence to the fact that, with the last patch, WAR it’s almost identical to TLD, so it requires few work and I do it only to make happy persons that own WAR but not TLD.
The reinforcement bug in TLD/WAR surely it’s annoying, but I avoid it creating fixed forcepools (all my mods have fixed forcepools).
A porting work of a mod, in my opinion, it doesn’t mean just some work to do, but a lot of work to do. Moreover, as you have reported in your second post, I try always to improve the mods I porting to TLD/WAR (it means more work to do).
My only regret for Der Kessel (and Kharkov) it’s the fact it doesn’t exist a Romanian voice file.

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Drizzt, do you mind if I post on the Matrix TLD forum pointing here about the conversion/release of the mod?

Feel free to do it (and if you do it, please mention also WAR version).

Drizzt

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):

My only regret for Der Kessel (and Kharkov) it’s the fact it doesn’t exist a Romanian voice file.

Drizzt

It can be here?

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3605

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod Download Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):
It can be here?

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3605  

Hi salexe,

I have already read that thread, but there is nothing there (just hypothesis about where to find Romanian voices).
Maybe I have combat mission somewhere in the vault and it’s highly probable that some tools have been created for this old game (tools to extract the files, if it's necessary to do it).
To cut/join/convert audio files it’s not a problem for me (and I know how to do this kind of work for CC). The main problem is that I don’t understand nothing about Romanian language so it’s impossible for me to do this work.

Drizzt

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:37 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Drizzt, sorry didn't mean to down play the amount of effort converting a mod from CC5 to War/TLD as I do know it is a lot of work especially when you start changing/fixing things! My favorite CC re-release is LSA  but play TLD more because of the variety of mods for it since they are much easier to convert to WAR/TLD than LSA....

For Romanian voices I download the Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin demo but they only included German and Russian voices, probably to reduce the size, but on the positive they were individual numbered .wav files.

Then I found a website that that explains what the numbered files contain;

Combat Mission:
3000's = German
4000's = Finnish
5000's = Hungarian
6000's = Italian
7000's = Romanian
8000's = Russian
9000's = Polish

Including an approximate translation for each individual file (I would hope each language would be saying the same thing but wouldn't know if that is right or wrong honestly);

00030000 - Ziel ausgemacht, Feuer! Target sighted, fire!
00030001 - Schütze, Feindziel, Angriff! Soldier, enemy target, attack!
00030010 - Achtung Pak, Richtschütze Feuer! Attention AT gun (crew), gunner open fire!
00030200 - Schütze, Feindgruppen, Feuer! Soldier, enemy infantry groups, fire!
00030201 - Neues Ziel, feindliche Infanterie, Feuer! New target, enemy infantry, fire!
00030300 - Lade Panzerbrechend, feuer frei! Load AP, open fire!
etc.

Now we just need to find someone with a the full version....

I did try downloading a Romanian mod for Red Orchestra but the voice files are combined in a single file and you need to install Red Orchestra and its SDK to be able to export/import individual files.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Thank you very much for doing the conversion and all extra work and improvements on Der Kessel.
I belive this mod is THE hardest of the CC5 mods to play vs the AI - and many people enjoy that.
Very nice tribute to the original creator too - Glad your final decision was to release the TLD/WAR version.

Ok, Tejzd, good findings.
I might be able to help as I own both games. I have zipped the Romanian voices from the game. Who wants them ?

Last edited by ScnelleMeyer on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Hey Guys (ScnelleMeyer and Tejszd),

I have found Combat Mission 2 and installed it. They are already .wav files so the work should be enough fast.
It's weird that in all these years nobody has thought to Combat Mission earlier.

Tejszd: I can orient myself confronting/listening the other combat mission languages, but if you give me the link of the site with translations it's better.
EDIT: the files are different in number between the various languages: this fact means that it's impossible to confronte them: I need a translation from the site you mentioned, or a romanian user that takes the audio files (247) and writes in a .txt file the translation in english (like in the example you have reported). 247 file can seem many, but for a native language it's a work of one/two hours.

ScnelleMeyer: many thanks for you offer to help! Considering that I have the audio files, I prefer to do this work on my own.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Very well Drizzt - I just edited my above post and didnt see your last reply.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Here are some translations:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/43240-a-full-list-of-russian-wavs-with-translation-and-translit/?page=2#?page=1&_suid=145234445330703830381365230368

http://members.shaw.ca/grossdeutschland/sound.htm

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:16 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Here are some translations:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/43240-a-full-list-of-russian-wavs-with-translation-and-translit/?page=2#?page=1&_suid=145234445330703830381365230368

http://members.shaw.ca/grossdeutschland/sound.htm

Thanks for the links.
Unfortunately, the audio files are different in number between the various languages: this fact means that it's impossible to confronte them: I need a translation from the site Tejszd mentioned; or a romanian user that takes the audio files (247) and writes in a .txt file the translation in English (like in the example Tejszd has reported). 247 file can seem many, but for a Romanian native language it's a work of one/two hours.

Drizzt

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Fortunately you are wrong Drizzt - there is a similar structure in all the voice files.

They are divided by number series

I just made up this xl file  - take a look!

EDIT: UPDATED and CORRECTED sound structure xl file

Voice structure CM v2.zip
 Description:
V2 CM sound structure

Download
 Filename:  Voice structure CM v2.zip
 Filesize:  7.82 KB
 Downloaded:  477 Time(s)

Last edited by ScnelleMeyer on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Yes, I have checked my native language (Italian) and I confirm: they are structured in groups, so in every group there is the same order "spoken" in different ways. This fact means that the different number of audio files between languages it's irrelevant.

Thanks ScnelleMeyer! I can work on them now (hoping I will be able to cover all close combat orders).

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

NP buddy!

The Romanian voices will be a very nice addition to the Kessel-mod. And a nice finishing touch to all of your extra work on it.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Awesome news guys! Adding Romanian voices would be a nice addition.

The site I found was the 2nd link ScnelleMeyer provided above.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: