Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
I just made up this xl file  - take a look!

EDIT: UPDATED and CORRECTED sound structure xl file

Hi ScnelleMeyer,

I have already corrected and completed your list, now I see you have done the same: excellent.

About the work on sounds, I'm at a very advanced stage: the main problem (as I imagine) it’s that not all the sounds have the right correspondence between Combat Mission and CC.
The work will result approximately in this way (in CC they are exactly 100 audio files):
about 50: excellent work.
about 30: not exactly the same meaning, but something a bit generic more than acceptable.
about 20: nothing of similar to use. I could use something of very generic to hide the real sense (but it will not be a good work).
More details when the work will be finished.
(This work has forced me to learn some Romanian words, so I'm more than reasonably sure about the final result).

Drizzt

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

You work quickly:)
Good job so far mate!

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Hello:

A Der Kessel mod with romanian voices! I'm playing COI Royal Romanians mod so I'm interested in the theme. The audio files would work with COI RR?

to Tejszd. You used this mod for reference for the order of the romanian medals? I suspect that it's wrong.
I guess that the correct order of precedente is (from highest to lowest):
Ordinul „Mihai Viteazul”
Ordinul „Steaua României”
Ordinul „Coroana României”
Medalia „Virtutea Militar?”

I'm not 100% sure because I don't know if the grade or class of the order of medal affect the precedence.

A good site for info about romanian army in ww2 is http://www.worldwar2.ro/

I found this interesting link here: http://www.cybergate-corp.ch/Pictures/RO_Army_Branches_1934_1941_small.pdf

COI RR is perfect if you want infantry vs infantry battles! Yesterday Vuletescu captured 16 russians!!!

I'm not romanian, I dont'n speak romanian, my interest about Romania in ww2 is because the RR mod.

Bye

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.55 KB
 Viewed:  415 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.71 KB
 Viewed:  464 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Do you also think that for some reason in this mod artillery shells are ridiculously much more deadlier to troops in buildings compared to those lying out on the snow?

It was like that in the original SDK, and also seems to be the case in the remake. Is this an intentional thing, or could it perhaps be a bug?

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:50 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Sequoia wrote (View Post):
Hello: A Der Kessel mod with romanian voices! I'm playing COI Royal Romanians mod so I'm interested in the theme. The audio files would work with COI RR?

I don’t play COI from a long time, but I’m reasonably sure it can be used with COI without problems just changing/adapting the file name (but in case it must be reworked, I will not be the person that will do it for COI).

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):

Do you also think that for some reason in this modartillery shells are ridiculously much more deadlier to troops in buildings compared to those lying out on the snow?
It was like that in the original SDK, and also seems to be the case in the remake. Is this an intentional thing, or could it perhaps be a bug?

Not a bug, PJ choice, but it has been already reworked by me (less power about artillery) for the TLD/WAR version so it will remain in this way.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:38 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Drizzt/ScnelleMeyer,

Is the 9000's wave files Polish? Just wonder as LSA has polish names for the 1st Polish Para Bde but no corresponding voice file....

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:13 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Drizzt/ScnelleMeyer,

Is the 9000's wave files Polish? Just wonder as LSA has polish names for the 1st Polish Para Bde but no corresponding voice file....

Yes, I have found full confirm from a list of a patch/temporary fix of the game on a website.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Here the final result about Romanian voices file work: only 20 audio files out of 101 are still not translated. I’m going to list them with some proposals and I accept advices about where to find the remaining.

0034: “all our tanks have been destroyed”. As extreme choice, I can only use something  generic like “It burns brightly” (about a tank hit). So, when player last tank will be destroyed, a player will listen “it burns!” and, as intensifying , “It burns brightly” (instead of “all our tanks have been destroyed”).

0057: “target out of range”: a generic "I can't" could be used.

0062, 0063, 0065, 0066: “We’re bogged down/stuck; we have broken a wheel/ the truck”. Combat mission has some .wav files for personal weapons jammed/stuck, but nothing for vehicles. As extreme choice, I can use a pair of generic .wav files that mean “I can’t” (already used as substitute of “no clear path”) and “it’s no longer possible”.

0070, 0071: “team clear; team withdrawn”. I’m not sure if they have the same meaning (“team clear” sounds really weird in my language if translated literally; maybe it refers to Company Level Evacuation and Recovery Team?). If yes, I can only use one of the “retreat!” . wav files (correctly already used for the CC retreat .wav files).

0074, 0075: “team lost; team down”. As desperate choice, I could use one the soldier in panic .wav files or one of the soldier hit .wav files.

0081: “enemy offers cease fire”. With a bit of fantasy, I could use "weapon down, hands up!" (says a Romanian soldier to the enemy soldier with the white flag)

0082, 0083, 0084, 0085, 0086, 0087: they are first names of the soldiers, screamed when a soldier has been hit. I can reasonably use Combat Mission soldier hit .wav files series: the only problem is that I have already use them for CC soldier hit .wav files series (I’ve been hit!” etc.) and for CC officials hit series (Sergeant! etc.). They are in this list just for repetitive reasons.

0089, 0093: “our engine is frozen; we’re out of gas”. Nothing to propose really. Maybe again “it’s no longer possible” as desperate choice.

0092 “sir the enemy has withdrawn his offer of peace”. I could use "forward soldiers, forward".

Drizzt

EDIT: Work completed.

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:52 am; edited 7 times in total

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:15 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Do you also think that for some reason in this modartillery shells are ridiculously much more deadlier to troops in buildings compared to those lying out on the snow?

Quote:
Not a bug, PJ choice, but it has been already reworked by me (less power about artillery) for the TLD/WAR version so it will remain in this way.

But what is the logic? The building collapses on top of the soldiers and they die because of it?

I really think being out in the open when artillery is coming down on you is a much worse idea than hiding in a building. What do you guys think about it?

Last edited by Pzt_Crackwise on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:49 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Hi guys,

This is the first version of Romanian voices file (FRVox.sfx) and it’s complete. It can be used with both Kharkov and Der Kessel mods for TLD/WAR (in Data I have used the same nation slot for both mods). You must only put this file in these mods (Kharkov and Der Kessel) LOCALFX folder and rewrite the old file with this one. Let me know what you think about it (especially Romanian users if any).
In future, I will include this sound file in the new autoinstaller of the official download version of both mods.

Here the link:

EDIT: obsolete. Download the definitive version of the mod.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 am; edited 4 times in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:38 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Awesome work Drizzt!!!

Anyone play Red Orchestra?

I could post in the Matrix forum asking who plays Red Orchestra and see if they would be willing to install the Romanian mod for that game to get access to the voice files....

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

I have Rising Storm (it includes Red Orchestra 2): I'm not sure if Romanian mod it's available for it. I'm going to install it and then I will search this mod in the workshop.

rom7

Rep: 46.7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Thank you, Drizzt. Your efforts are highly appreciated.

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:46 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Will this Romanian voices file work with the CC5 version of 2nd Kharkov and Stalingrad der Kessel ?

I should re-name the file to GGerVox.sfx .... correct?

A very big "Thank you", Drizzt.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

tripwire wrote (View Post):
Will this Romanian voices file work with the CC5 version of 2nd Kharkov and Stalingrad der Kessel ?

Hi Tripwire,

I don’t have CC5 installed anymore, but the files for voices in CC5 are only three: I suggest to you to experiment.
First of all, copy and paste the LocalFX folder in a safe place.  
I think you know there is the option to switch german language in the game from German to English, right? Considering the audio files name, my hypothesis it’s the following:
ERusVox: Allied language (Russian or English or American: it depends from the mod).
EgerVox: “E” it’s for “English”, so English language for germans. I think this is the file to change.
ggerVox: first “g” it’s for “German” language.
If it doesn’t’ work in this way, delete the LocalFx folder and copy and paste the original LocalFx folder (previously placed in safe place) in the mod folder. Than try to change ggerVox file.

When you will be in the game, you will switch between german languages as you want (depending on the BGs you will use: Romanian or German).

Drizzt

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Drizzt, thank you for that information!

YES!  By re-naming the Romanian voices file to EGerVox.sfx for CC5 and selecting Germans Speak: English (which I hex edited to Romanian) .... I can hear Romanian spoken when playing as the Germans in:

for 2nd Kharkov - Krishtopovka and Petropalvoka
for der Kessel - Kletskaia, Raspopinskaia and Serafimovitch

Very cool !!!

The voice file also works fine with the COI Real Romanian mod

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

I could post in the Matrix forum asking who plays Red Orchestra and see if they would be willing to install the Romanian mod for that game to get access to the voice files....

I have installed Red Orchestra 2 and I have discovered that Romanian mod is not compatible with RO 2. Moreover, Romanian mod it will never be upgraded for RO 2 because it seems it's more difficult to mod RO 2 than the first Red Orchestra.

So I have downloaded the mod and installed it anyway. It works, even without the original game (I mean it's possible to install it anyway, not to play it: I have thought to try to do these because it has already happened to me in past with some other mods).
Then I have found the .uax files I wanted and in the web a tool to extract them. Now I have 227 .wav infantry voices and 80 vehicles crew voices (but only one actor has recorded all of them). The main problem, again, it's to understand the meaning (there are Romanian users that can offers their help?). For sure some vehicle crew voices will be included in CC Vox file and more in general they all must be assessed for CC Vox file.

Drizzt

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Awesome Drizzt!!!

I'll post on the Matrix forum asking if anyone speaks Romanian....

Edit: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4006555&mpage=1&key=&#4006555

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:22 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Tested the trial file tonight... It adds variety and makes things more authentic! Will have to give points to Matrix for making the changes to allow CC to support many more name and voice files....

Suggestions for the final release;
- change FR to RO in Nations.txt
- rename FRNames.txt to RONames.txt
- rename FRVox.sfx to ROVox.sfx
- review wav file volume in comparison to CC wav files

At the same time you could makes changes for the Italian names/voices;
- change CA to IT in Nations.txt
- rename CANames.txt to ITNames.txt
- rename CAVox.sfx to ITVox.sfx

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:51 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

[quote="Pzt_Crackwise";p="82789"]

I really think being out in the open when artillery is coming down on you is a much worse idea than hiding in a building. What do you guys think about it?

I have worked in a number of gas fractionation plants and oil refineries, and companies are spending a lot of money moving buildings out of blast zones to protect people. It's not the blast itself, its the pressure wave that causes flying debris that caused the most injuries. It has been proven that people in the open get knocked over but survive.
This was one incident which has been studied alot by engineers in the industry - http://www.csb.gov/bp-america-refinery-explosion/
Most of the casualties were inside buildings. Many people who were outside were uninjured!

I dont think the original modder intended it, but he modelled real life accurately!

G

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: