Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:48 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Tested the trial file tonight... It adds variety and makes things more authentic! Will have to give points to Matrix for making the changes to allow CC to support many more name and voice files....

Suggestions for the final release;
- change FR to RO in Nations.txt
- rename FRNames.txt to RONames.txt
- rename FRVox.sfx to ROVox.sfx
- review wav file volume in comparison to CC wav files

At the same time you could makes changes for the Italian names/voices;
- change CA to IT in Nations.txt
- rename CANames.txt to ITNames.txt
- rename CAVox.sfx to ITVox.sfx

Thanks Tejszd and ok for the suggestions, I will follow them.

For Romanian users: the translation work it's really easy for a native language: all the phrases of both Combat Mission 2 and Red Orchestra mod are very short (often only one or two words). It's just a numerical list (a .txt file) to do and it takes few seconds for every .wav file (about the remaining work, I will do it). If you want help, send me a PM. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I will finish it on my own. Unfortunately they are very, very repetitive and only very few I'm not be able to understand (the most long, and anyway they are too long for CC). About the 227 infantry .wav files from Romanian mod, I have already checked 170 of them (and only something like 20 I don't have understood).
Speaking in general, not many good files for CC use, but here and there I have found something of very useful (for example: "Sniper!"). Probably the best thing it's the addition of some voices from radio.

Drizzt

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:57 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Hello:

tripwire wrote (View Post):

The voice file also works fine with the COI Real Romanian mod

Thanks tripwire!

Bye

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:56 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

You're welcome!

Re-name the Romanian voices file to GGerVox.sfx and drop it into the LocalFX folder on your Real Romanians Mod.  Make certain that you set the Germans Speak: German within Options.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:27 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Sequoia, make sure to make a backup or rename the original GGerVox.sfx file so you can go back....

tripwire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Good advice, Tejszd.  I'd forgotten to include that in my post.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:52 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This is the second version of Romanian voices file. It can be used with both Kharkov and Der Kessel mods for TLD/WAR (in Data I have used the same nation slot for both mods). You must only put this file in these mods (Kharkov and Der Kessel) LOCALFX folder and rewrite the old file with this one.

I must say that the bulk of the voices remains the one from CM2, integrated with some good voices from RO Romanian mod (especially voices from radio).
Probably this will be the final version of the file and I’m enough satisfied for the final result. Anyway for now it’s again a trial version. Testing made by some Romanian users (if any) it’s really welcomed.

Here the link:
EDIT: Obsolete. Download the definitive version of the mod.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:22 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Downloading, thank you Drizzt!!!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:25 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Another update.

The definitive version will have night battles during all days of Grand Campaign except the first two (russian offensive starting in the morning).
Moreover, German air supply will be available from November 25th (it corresponds to the 7th day of battle in the game) to simulate the historical air bridge in the Kessel (of course, for coding reasons, it will be available only in the days with clear weather).

You can test these changes downloading the following file: you must only place it in Data/Base folder (the one inside Der_Kessel folder) rewriting the old file. It works with both TLD and WAR.
Here the link:
EDIT: obsolete. Download the definitive version of the mod.

P.S. I have discovered/realized that in the ops and campaigns the availability of (previously properly set) night battles it’s strictly related to the presence of the first day of the timeline inside them (I mean inside ops and campaigns). So, of course in Grand Campaign they are present, but about all other ops and campaigns, only the ones with inside the first timeline day will have them.
Speaking more in general, the Campaign.txt file (located in Data/Base) it contains many features that concerns only the Grand Campaign, and some features that (potentially/properly set) concerns all ops and campaigns. This fact can cause confusion.
In my opinion Devs should consider to create a Campaign.txt specifically for Grand Campaign and another one for all the campaigns and ops that are not a Grand Campaign. But how to distinguish them from a Grand Campaign? In my opinion, a Grand Campaign it’s a scenario that involves all the maps and all the days (previously set: some CC mods/games have a maximum number of days lesser than 25 and/or a maximum number of maps lesser than 64). Both these prerequisites must be satisfied to call a Scenario “Grand Campaign” (whereas the presence inside them of all Bgs is not a prerequisite).

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:07 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Thanks again Drizzt....

There are a few quirks with some of the settings still, example;
- when surprise is on it only works on the 1st day 1st turn possible in the game even when the Grand Campaign starts later in the day. It really should be a setting like support or weather where it is saved with the campaign or operation and occurs on its 1st turn.

tripwire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Thank you, Drizzt, for the update to the Romanian voices file.  Good work!

Sequoia

Rep: 26.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:00 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel mod v 1.0 Download Reply with quote

Hello:

Romanians voices are wonderful! Thanks Drizzt

Bye

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: