Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:42 pm Post subject: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

I recently wondered why in the game, the russian rifles are labeled as the m38 mosin if they supposedly used the old one 1891/30 in larger numbers and for longer time until the end of the war. The 91/30 is present in militia type units in-game.

Was there a discussion about it at the time? why was this not corrected in Real Red?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Hi Kanov,

M1891/30 bolt-action rifle was a standard issue rifle in RKKA front-line units.
Since December 1944 it was started to be replaced by M44 bolt-action carbine.

M38 bolt-action carbine was issued for crews, cavalry, engineers, drivers, etc.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Dima, I learned that some time ago actually and that was the reason I was wondering this. In actual russian shtaty from pre or early war of a rifle company they are supposed to be carrying semi-auto rifles like the SVT 40 as standard were'nt they?

What are the rifles of normal russian infantry in cc3 labeled? What are they labeled as in the real red mod? I dont have it right now but Im pretty sure they were not called 91/30.

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Quote:
In actual russian shtaty from pre or early war of a rifle company they are supposed to be carrying semi-auto rifles like the SVT 40 as standard were'nt they?

no, even in pre-war squad TOE only 1-2 out of 11 were supposed to be armed with SVT.

Quote:
What are the rifles of normal russian infantry in cc3 labeled? What are they labeled as in the real red mod? I dont have it right now but Im pretty sure they were not called 91/30.

actually I believe they are labeled as 91/30 in CC3/RR Smile.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Real Red labels

M1938g  

M-N 1891g

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Real Red labels
M-N 1891g

yes and that's the standard Russian rifle in CC3/RR AFAIR

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Just installed RR again and sure enough the standard soviet rifle is something called M1938g when in reality should have been the 1891/30, a shorter version of the ww1 rifle. The other soviet rifle in Real Red is something called M-N 1891g and is used mostly for partisan/conscript type of units. I don't know what the g stands for.

I'm shocked to see this great omission for such a respected mod and shocked at us as players for not seeing that at the time, my ocd is intensifying  Laughing . I'm just realizing now, years after playing countless of cc games the type of rifles the soviets used.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Both crappy guns, shot same calibre why worry? They don't have cossack squads either..

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Oh, we must always pay attention to the sticks and stones that they had to use.  
Was one better than the other?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

It triggers me now that I know a bit more about that front.

I feel it is like for example if the main rifle for americans in cc5 was called Springfield M1903 instead of M1 Garand. It has almost ruined RealRed for me, I feel that all the games I have played in that mod have been a farce lol.

The Mosin rifle 1891/30 and the Mosin rifle 1938 are essentially the same, except the 91/30 was larger and a bit more cumbersome it was the main soviet rifle through out the war, the m1938 was intended to be issued primarily to crews of heavy weapons and other rear troops as it was a bit shorter, kind of the same concept of the M1 carbine but had the same full power cartridge of the 91/30.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:25 am Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

What about range?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 am Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Haha funny, so it doesn't trigger you that the Germans have RPzB in Stalingrad 1942 in RR but wrong rifle is so bad for you?
btw M1938 didn't have a bayonet by default.

in CC ranges both rifles should perform quite the same.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

I had forgotten about it, I think the pzschreck was present with the s.Waffen team the first time you can use it, an overpowered unit that has an "assault" MG, a flamethrower and the pzschreck, but I don't remember if there are any lone pzchreck units by the Stalingrad operations? another omission.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

I hope in the new Releases, the weapon tiles are shown bigger and more realistic, I like to see them while playing...

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

I wonder what the classification of captured US bazookas would be in use with the wermact army? Captured from Africa campaign or lend lease through the Soviets.
The Hungarians made one called the Páncélrém, don't know if it made its way into Stalingrad. Couldn't a panzerschrek team mean anything with a tank terror weapon, I don't think it only needs to be the Raketen Panzerbüchse 43, 54 (Ofenrohr) alone. I think that is a wide misconception that a "panzerschrek" was an actual weapon, when it reality it only means tank terror, and could even be a team.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:05 pm Post subject: Re: Standard russian infantry rifle Reply with quote

Tokarev made the 1938 SVT used as well.  Maybe it is a typo, by game designers? m1938 SVT1938?
http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=440

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: