Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 pm Post subject: Logic To This? - Take A Look Reply with quote

I remember Kanovs post in the archive about keeping platoons together with their commander by renaming and organizing them. Any advantage in individually sectioning all platoons with their command unit and renaming them so you know which is which? The only benefit I can think of is command radius, and in campaigns to keep track of your men. A command group is a command group, but does it operate better commanding men from it's own platoon?  I sectioned them AB and S for support.

cinf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  340.66 KB
 Viewed:  5310 Time(s)

cinf.png

cmd.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  319.78 KB
 Viewed:  5310 Time(s)

cmd.png

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: Logic To This? - Take A Look Reply with quote

I personally believe that there are still unknown aspects of CC Engine. I had posted about mortar teams which spontaneously start firing without seeing enemy. It happened to me a few times. Since, in computer world, nothing is coincidence, it must have something to do with a game feature, probably commanding.

I think, if command team is near his own teams, they become coordinated and get information about the enemy positions, etc. Of course, they are well commanded then, too. That also makes sense, why slots are arranged according to platoons. At least, that is what it logically should be.

For example, at graviteam tactics, it is shown, "link established", if teams are close enough. So it is only reasonable to link with the teams you command.

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:07 pm Post subject: Re: Logic To This? - Take A Look Reply with quote

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
I personally believe that there are still unknown aspects of CC Engine. I had posted about mortar teams which spontaneously start firing without seeing enemy. It happened to me a few times. Since, in computer world, nothing is coincidence, it must have something to do with a game feature, probably commanding.

I think, if command team is near his own teams, they become coordinated and get information about the enemy positions, etc. Of course, they are well commanded then, too. That also makes sense, why slots are arranged according to platoons. At least, that is what it logically should be.

That would be amazing if mortars were linked to the HQ units. I wonder if there's a way to test this. I'm doubtful though - I can't see a company introducing a feature like that and then not shouting about it. Or even hinting at it. Maybe they set it up this way so they could introduce these features in a future release... and then they went under  Laughing

Also, I'm not convinced that the command radius as it is currently is worth the effort. What exactly does it do? If it's a crucial firefight, and I want to gain every advantage possible, then fair enough. But often times it's better to separate your units from the moment the battle starts. That way you can take key positions (and/or gain tactical advantages over your opponent) whilst also lessening the impact of mortars and shells.

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:28 am Post subject: Re: Logic To This? - Take A Look Reply with quote

It helps in a campaign with a commander overseeing low color greenhorns. The units will gain more skills and rank to get out of the greenhorn color bar and they will themselves become elite if they survive long enough. Although you are always going to take casualties and new greenhorns will enter your group. I think a strong disbanded group will try to fill it first before a new recruit.

So does rank expand the circle radius? You will notice in my screenshot that Parsons, Boscoe and Peters and the platoon leaders, but Boscoe seems to have a higher rank because the circle is larger for B team.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Logic To This? - Take A Look Reply with quote

1) Command teams boost morale and increase the units' performance, so I try to keep them slightly behind the main teams, the main rifle/assault teams staying in the command radius. This way the rifle/assault teams engage the enemy under command radius, while the command team stays safe without revealing its position.

2) Also when an individual team has very low morale (red color) (hint: turn on "soldier outlines show morale"), get them close to the command team nearby and their morale will again rise (become green color) in a short time. If you don't do it and leave your troops with red morale out in the open, they are much more likely to surrender!

3) It is an acknowledged CC fact, that command teams are particularly useful for boosting ATG and mortar accuracy. For ATGs defending crucial lanes, keeping them under the command team radius is a pretty good idea.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: