Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 pm Post subject: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Hey guys,

during my CSS absence (2009-2016) i've become father, finished my dissertation and founded a company. The little time i had at nights i invested in filming the pc games I played. As a collector with over 20k games, I plan to make playthroughs of my most favorite games, mostly with no comment.

Here is the channel, with about 920 vids of various games, 90%+ in HD.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GamingHoplite

Jump in enjoy some old gems and subscribe, like, disklike, comment or discuss.

I plan to make a CC5 playlist playing through all the mods I/we love so much. But since I dont want to do it vs the AI, i am looking for players that are willing to help me over the next couple of years... i think it will also contribute to keep CC-series alive if all mods are available on Youtube and we direct interested people to this site.

Thoughts?

To brave men few words are as good as many

Last edited by Polemarchos on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:45 pm Post subject: Re: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

I am back to so look for me on GR. I still have you on my friends list. I am also looking to make some videos showcasing new features/mods in the rereleases.

20k games? jesus!

I am glad your back for the time being. This is one of those games people leave and keep returning to every now and then. I have come in and out of the community lots, mostly because I have been playing EVE Online. That game can get tiring, its really a grind.

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

sure thing mooxe... i added you too, i think I had other account in game ranger years ago... just added you... my nick is polemarchos

With job, family and own company i am lots on the roads, but will remain committed to the task even if some breaks necessarily occur

Cobalth-77

Rep: 2.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:34 pm Post subject: Re: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

I would love to play some games for this.
I'm living in Belgium, so GMT+1.

Tell me when.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:44 am Post subject: Re: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

PM, need your GR id #.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Like Mooxe I too had to say "20,000 Games?"

I know I've bought a Lot in my lifetime but I have no idea what they added up to. 100 maybe 200.
I had this old trick of buying a game,playing it and if I didnt like it I took it to work and shrink wrapped and then took it back to the store for another game.
They wouldn't give you your money back...back then.

But of course they eventually figured it out because the plastic I used wasn't as thick as what came on the game.

I watched a few videos of yours and some of the old ones remind me of my Nintendo days.
I just found out about one of my all time favorites had been  produced for the PC on Steam and have been having a Blast playing it,Castlevania Lords of Shadows.
Graphically the game is incredible.Game play is good too,but because of my decaying game skills I use YouTube a LOT to solve and find things.

There's also some games there (Cheap too) that play and look like the old games,but better inmho.

Tonight I just found out about Nesbox Emulator.
Lets you play old games on your PC.
You can download it from Microsoft and then download the game from another site and play them on your PC.

It's been fun for me.
Castlevania I,II and III
Contra,Super Contra
Super Mario Bros.
etc,etc

I had Jeopardy for the NES and was playing Strip-Jeopardy with my then girlfriend(Soon to be wife...then soon to be EX-Wife) and her friend ANGEL!
And yes....Angel was just that....HOT!
Had them both down to their underwear before they quit,when I f'd up and said I play this game a lot.

Apparently before the game started I told them I had just got it.........Oh well.

There was mentions of Nintendo putting their old games on new Apps and such about a year ago.
Not sure when or if it will take place.
I haven't heard anything new
Nintendo games on Apps and PC

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.03 KB
 Viewed:  8833 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Hey platoonl,

great you are a fan of the old games...as you say gameplay is all, graphics dont matter :)

20k = yes... since my childhood I started collect games... Threw out tons of boxes when my kid was born, held on to 100+ boxes, the rest is in moving boxes and cd holder bags, online or on external drives... some cds have about 500-1500 games, mostly copied 3.5 and 5.25 disks

i will check out your link... SNES and NES has some eternal gems...

In the meantime look at these 2 pages guys... the second allows you to play any old game in your browser, thats 5k+ games for you just there :)

http://www.myabandonware.com/

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: Polemarchos' Youtube Channel Reply with quote

I've been playing a lot of Steam games lately.

So much that I bought the Steam Link.
It hooks my PC up to my TV and now I can lay back on the couch and play.

I haven't been able to figure out how to incorporate the NES Emulator games to my Steam library of games but I can play them with some work around.

Its been fun.

Only 2 buttons and a joystick and I still Die

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: