Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:32 am Post subject: LSA Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Played through the first round vs Adjudant_Kro. I played Germans. First time playing LSA as LSA.

I couldn't help but shake my head at this GC.

Game after game of trying to stop an onslaught of Allied soldiers. Germans are just given up to six teams. They include one command team, low experience sections, a machine gun or two, and some anti tank guns. You basically get around 20 soldiers. My battle groups can't move and I can't choose my platoons, and I cant deploy all my units. So usually I'd just be waiting on Kro to do all those things while my hands are tied. The anti-tank guns are in fixed locations. You cannot deploy them where you want. If the Allied opponent ever played the GC before, he would know exactly where they are, every time. Most of the time they are in horrible locations that only the AI would ever choose. Is this supposed to be realistic? If so, why can the Allies take whatever they want?

The Allied have a time limit in which to capture the bridge VLs. If the timer runs out, Germans have the opportunity to blow the bridge. On some maps the German troops are so incredibly pathetic, the Allies can just rush the bridge from 100s of meters away and capture it. All the while under fire from the pathetic Germans.

If you get the chance to blow the bridge, the game ends with a total Allied victory. Not only did they NOT capture the bridge, by having the Germans blow it they capture the whole map. The static unit retreats one map. Its in the manual, but I don't like it.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:41 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe.
it will get better for the germans tho once you start  to get reinforcments.

we have found that the germans NEED to be played on GREEN and allies on line. GREEN give the germans the points they need to buy the equip that is available to them in there roster and it beefs up the static BG's a bit too. it also gives the german static BG's the ability to place MOST of there heavy weapons on the maps...and not be stuck like you are seeing with the PC placing the heavy weapons.

with the germans on GREEN like I said above...when the german reinforcments come in it gives the ability to be able to buy the tanks and guns etc that's in there rosters. on line the germans just don't have enough oomph to pull off a win in the GC. I don't know why matrix did this?
in LSA the germans ...more than the allies need to use the merge function and the borrow function allot to make there units work well......one reason LSA has all the cool options.

the germans on GREEN also brings the bridge blowing timer time down a bit too, so its harder for the allies to capture the birdges. remember that historically the allies did not captute that many bridges intact AND the germans technically won the campaighn !

the germans don't have that many tanks per say in the GC but do have one really good formation that comes in... the 107 PZ BDE...its a good strong formation.
its a long GC and the germans slowly get stronger.

IMO you should start over and use GREEN for germans. you will like it allot better. trust me.

afew things do bother me about the german make up and I had countless talks with matrix steve about them. the germans just don't have that much a/t capability in the game. I call BS on this ...having read allot of the history on this campaign from the german side...the book ...it never snows in sept....is remarkable...tells us that the germans had more equipment than is around in the game. the germans didn't throw rocks at the allied tanks we know that, and they were able to fight the allies to a stand still numerous times in the real campaign.

any ways....try it again and you have to give it time before you make a judgement IMO. if you dislike it that much play LSA GJS 7.3 mod bro  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: