Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:38 pm Post subject: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I've just started a new Close Combat Gateway to Caen Let's Play where I'm using my Small Map Mod.

The first video is HERE!

And for all the videos, check out the playlist HERE!

I'll also name units after people who comment on my LP videos, so post a comment on the video and I'll rename a unit after you and we can fight the Germans together.

To download my Small Map Mod, click:
http://www.closecombatfanatics.com/index.php/downloads/category/26-mods

Cheers!

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

Thank you Knight!

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):
Thank you Knight!

No problem! Have you commented on my video? If not, it doesn't matter. I'll name a unit after you

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

The Second Video is here!

A new battlegroup, new squad leaders and a Panzerfaust  Mad

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:49 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

Well, I'm only 9 videos in to my Let's Play (10th will be up later tonight) but it's obvious that I've completely broken the enemy on the strategic map Razz

However, some things I've noticed on the tactical map -

1. The AI attacks!
2. Battles are intense
3. Battles last barely 15 minutes with morale off (this is great!) and even shorter with it on
4. Offsite artillery is OP, but fun to use
5. Infantry don't get many kills - tanks get most of the kills

Although I need to rework the strategic map and correct some VL placement mistakes, I'm really enjoying my own mod. It reminds me a lot of CC2 or CC3. If I was to redo my mod and if there were some way to implement these, I'd do the following -

1. Never use force morale
Battles are short without it, and the AI likes to give up incredibly quickly with it on. Battles without morale last longer and you get the satisfaction of completely destroying the enemy [insert evil laugh here Twisted Evil ]

2. Allow beaten battlegroups to withdraw even if all VL's are lost
I'm thinking along the lines of CC2 or CC3 here. Battlegroups should be able to retreat, even if the VL's are lost, because it's too easy to wipe the battlegroup out by capturing all the VL's. This creates gaps in the lines that the Germans can't plug. I'd rather all battlegroups be able to retreat than be destroyed completely. Maybe German BG's always retreat South. If they're surrounded, then they can't retreat and are then destroyed.

3. Give the Germans more tank units
Yes, this might be a-historical, however, the issue with the strategic map is that there simply isn't enough German tank units. The British can easily punch a massive gap in the German lines and march all the way to Berlin if they wanted to. Give almost every German unit a small number of tanks at least. It's either that, or play as the Germans only vs AI.

4. Use the CC5-like system for units selection
This is purely because I like to rename units for the use of Let's Plays. But if I had the choice, I'd use the CC5 system to select individual units BUT have the platoon structure system that they have in GWTC. So tanks can only be taken in the 3rd platoon for example to stop someone using 20 tanks. Requisition points aren't needed for this system.

5. Use a CC3-like system for refitting a hurt unit
Tanks that are knocked out should be replaced/repaired, and infantry units should be able to be reinforced. I'd like to see this again. That way, my renamed units will stay throughout the campaign!

6. More offsite mortars
Yes, artillery is OP. However, it's really fun to smash the enemy Twisted Evil so I'd like more mortar support. I'm thinking along the lines that, every battlegroup should have this as standard and should be able to use it in every battle. This will be quite easy to implement so I will when I create my Small Map Mod v.2.

I doubt there's a way to implement some of these, but ideally that's what I'd aim for. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

For your 5th point about CC3 like system for refitting a hurt unit, I think you'll be able to do that in TBF. Shame that we haven't had any news for a long time.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Eroneurosis

Rep: 18.9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

Hey TIK,

I'm playing your mod and tell you it is very challenging. Playing against the AI is now fun. Thank you, man!

Cya.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

Eroneurosis wrote (View Post):
Hey TIK,

I'm playing your mod and tell you it is very challenging. Playing against the AI is now fun. Thank you, man!

Cya.

Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it and it's good to hear that the mod's challenging Smile thank you for your feedback!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:23 am Post subject: Re: Let's Play Close Combat: Gateway to Caen Small Map Mod Reply with quote

Tik your mod is no longer available at that url. Have a new one?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: